[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar takes in the new adversary. His curiosity getting the better of him, he wanders right up next to the troll looking at the additions to tubes and disks.

When he gets so close he smells the death coming off the troll, he stops.

"Uh, no, Cairn. I can't."

Nyar holds up his new staff and focuses his power through it. Angry fire erupts through the staff, bathing the troll and warforged warrior in flames. The staff then erupts again, hitting the troll again with fire.

[sblock=actions]
Start: Gain 5 THP

Movement: Walk to K-8

Standard: Fire Shroud (close burst 3, enemies only) vs Troll, W-1 (Using Wand of Accuracy feature vs troll):1d20+11 → [14,11] = (25), 1d20+11 → [19,11] = (30) Roll. With the wand of accuracy that is 28 vs. Reflex vs troll and 30 vs. Reflex vs. W1. Damage is: 1d8+7 → [3,7] = (10). Warforged takes 10 damage, troll takes 15 fire damage and both take 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends).

Free: Staff of Draconic Power: When using power with fire keyword. Nyar gains 10 resist fire until end of encounter. After resolving attack, Nyar deals 1d8 fire damage to all creatures in burst 1. Damage: 3.

Summary: W1 takes 10 fire damage, troll takes 18 fire damage and both have 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends).

Minor: Arcana check: 17.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Interrupts]
Bracers of Escape: If the troll attacks Nyar, he will use the immediate interrupt to teleport to K-10.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 30/41 +5 THP Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Sleep, Staff of Draconic Power
Item:
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn moves closer to the troll, threatening it over humans head. He takes a swipe at warforged warrior as he passes, cutting into his legs, Ghalad'Zar trailing mist as the magic of the weapon activates.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: shift to J9, Cairn gains +1 AC & Ref
Standard: Weight of Earth vs W1 AC; damage (1d20+11+2+1=18, 1d10+5+4=13) - ongoing should kill it now

Interrupt: if troll attacks Nyar, use GUARDIAN COUNTER to exchange places with the mage and MBA troll
+11 vs AC; 1d10+5 (+4 cold)
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The same: [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION]?

We're sorry.
The spreadsheet at this URL could not be found. Make sure that you have the right URL and that the owner of the spreadsheet hasn't deleted it.

Find out more at the Google Docs Help Center.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Bah! This is my fault (of course). I ran out of space in my Google Drive the other day and rearranged some things. I didn't mean to move this. I'll fix it tonight when I'm on my mac.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Ok. I had to create a new map. Link is below. After Christina I will take the enemies actions. Nyar I have a couple of questions below for you.

The troll's appearance meant, in Narvala's view, that there was no more holding back. She waved her staff to bring a wall of light into existence, covering Cairn, Nyar, and one of Cristina's pets, stepped into the wall herself, and then called one of the more powerful invocations of the Flame's power she knew, hoping to trap the troll and a sniper with it. Her blast of power immobilzed the troll, but only temporarily slowed the sniper.

[sblock=actions]minor: Wall of Light from J10->K10->K12->L12
{Area: wall 5 within 10 squares Effect: Narvala conjures a wall of divine energy. The wall is 1 square high, and last until the end of her next turn. While within the wall, any ally gains a +1 power bonus to AC, and each ally who starts his or her turn within the wall gains 5 temporary hit points. Sustain Minor: The wall persists.}

free: activate Holy Gauntlets
standard: Grasping Chains of the Justicar centered at L4 (should hit S2 & T)
{Area burst 2 within 10; Target: Each enemy in burst; Attack: +12 vs. Reflex; Hit: 1d6 + 7 force damage, and target is immobized (save ends).; Miss: Half damage, and target is slowed until the end of Narvala's next turn.} (ignore second damage roll, this was an error)

DM: Miss SNiper. Hit Troll.

move: move to K12[/sblock]

"Can you move the troll just a little bit closer?" rumbles the elemental toward the mage.

Nyar takes in the new adversary. His curiosity getting the better of him, he wanders right up next to the troll looking at the additions to tubes and disks.

When he gets so close he smells the death coming off the troll, he stops.

"Uh, no, Cairn. I can't."

Nyar holds up his new staff and focuses his power through it. Angry fire erupts through the staff, bathing the troll and warforged warrior in flames. The staff then erupts again, hitting the troll again with fire.

[sblock=actions]
Start: Gain 5 THP

Movement: Walk to K-8

Standard: Fire Shroud (close burst 3, enemies only) vs Troll, W-1 (Using Wand of Accuracy feature vs troll):1d20+11 → [14,11] = (25), 1d20+11 → [19,11] = (30) Roll. With the wand of accuracy that is 28 vs. Reflex vs troll and 30 vs. Reflex vs. W1. Damage is: 1d8+7 → [3,7] = (10). Warforged takes 10 damage, troll takes 15 fire damage and both take 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends).

DM: I'm not sure why the troll takes 15 fire damage instead of 10. Otherwise this looks good.

Free: Staff of Draconic Power: When using power with fire keyword. Nyar gains 10 resist fire until end of encounter. After resolving attack, Nyar deals 1d8 fire damage to all creatures in burst 1. Damage: 3.

Summary: W1 takes 10 fire damage, troll takes 18 fire damage and both have 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends).

Minor: Arcana check: 17.

DM: What is the Arcana check for?
[/sblock]

Cairn moves closer to the troll, threatening it over humans head. He takes a swipe at warforged warrior as he passes, cutting into his legs, Ghalad'Zar trailing mist as the magic of the weapon activates.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: shift to J9, Cairn gains +1 AC & Ref
Standard: Weight of Earth vs W1 AC; damage (1d20+11+2+1=18, 1d10+5+4=13) - ongoing should kill it now

Interrupt: if troll attacks Nyar, use GUARDIAN COUNTER to exchange places with the mage and MBA troll
+11 vs AC; 1d10+5 (+4 cold)
[/sblock]

The warforged falls onto the cold stone of the street as the troll howls in rage. Wether from the fire or what flows through his veins you can clearly see while his wounds are minimal, they do not appear to be healing.

[sblock=ACTION]
Map

You can target the two snipers. They are 20 squares away and have concealment.

Initiative
Better than 5 = You Guys (You may act in any order)
Narvalla 45/50 hp
Christina 45/45 hp
Pooh 22/22
Rabberta 22/22 +5 thp
Owlotta 22/22
Nyar 25/41 hp +5 thp
Cairn 41/84 hp Bloodied

5 = Bad Guys
Sniper 1 -22 hp, R 18
Sniper 2 -25 hp, R 18 **Slowed tent**
Troll - -34 hp, AC 21, R18 ** Immobilized (save ends)**
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=For SR] Hey [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION] I'm sorry, I did not make that clear at all. It made sense in my head.... I used my Empowering Lightning earlier (against the warforge). After using that, the next time Nyar uses the Accurate Wand feature, it deals additional damage. In Nyar's case, 5 more damage. That is why I wanted to use it for the troll now.

The arcana check was to see if there was something specific we should do about the hoses and disks

Thanks! [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Nyar]Ok. I updated the amount of damage the troll has taken.

As for your Arcana check. You can easily tell this troll was setup in the same manner as the corpses who had had their life energy drained from them to make Rhapsody. It's reasonable to assume that this creature was either having something pumped from it, or pumped into it, and that the setup was likely designed/implemented by the same person. [/sblock]

Remove ads