[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

drothgery

First Post
Narvala ir'Sarhain, female human invoker 7 (Silver Flame)

OOC: All Narvala has left as far as non-at-wills is Tide of the First Storm, which does worse damage against a single target than Sun Strike. It's really good for moving everyone around, but with only one bad guy of consequence, not all that significant here.

Narvala keeps the wall in place, then sends another lance of holy energy at the troll.[sblock=actions]minor: sustain wall of light
standard: Sun Strike vs troll (+2 to hit due to Distant Advantage; +1 damage due to Holy Gauntlets)[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"My apologies, my stony friend!"

Nyar releases another burst of fire, washing over the troll and his stone companion.

The wizard grimaces, "Oh, uh... sorry Cairn!"

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Scorching Burst at L-4 vs. Troll (reflex), Cairn: 1d20+11 → [16,11] = (27), 1d20+11 → [17,11] = (28) Hit both. Damage: 17 fire damage to Troll, 15 fire damage to Cairn (roll).

Of course I roll max damage that time.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 (19) NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 25/41 +5 THP Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Sleep, Staff of Draconic Power
Item:
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos) [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC:
I forgot to deal with the trolls ongoing fire last time. He takes 5 damage and then saves.

Ignoring the threat of the brute, Cairn runs around the building to prevent the troll returning to the building he ran out of.

Ghalad'Zar flashes once more, but being on the move and attacking is not normal for heavy stone being and the weapon barely grazes his opponent.

"Your attacks may include me, humanoids." Cairn says.

Another burst of mist comes from his joints and in several different voices Cairn speaks again
"What?! Will you never learn!?"
"Call them by their names, not all creatures of flesh are same."
"Christina, Nyar, Narvala, if you have to, include Cairn in your spells, rather then use subpar attack. Don't worry, we can take it."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to L3, provokes from the troll

Standard: Weight of Earth vs Troll AC; damage (1d20+11+1=22, 1d10+5+2=8) - if troll bloodies Cairn in OA, add 4 cold damage to the roll, TROLL IS SLOWED TENT

Free: mark troll

DM: The troll will take the OA. Miss

[/sblock]

This thing is almost down! Christina shouts. Hit it a couple more time and we will be all set! She says, demonstrating by smacking the troll on the side of the head with her staff.

[sblock=action]
Standard:Tending Strike vs troll 30 vs AC 16 damage and Cairn gains 4 THP.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20+2, Fort: 18+2, Reflex: 16+2, Will: 19+2
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)
Call Fey Beast Companion (Owlotta)

Healing Word 0/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 0/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:11/22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 to allies defenses.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Owlotta]
Owlotta Unaligned Fey Beast Companion:

HP:22+2 AC:17+2 Fort:19+2 Ref:15+2 Will:19+2

Perception 23, Darkvision, Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage.

Ferocious Companion Aura 1:+2 allies gain to damage rolls to enemies in aura.

[/sblock]

Narvala keeps the wall in place, then sends another lance of holy energy at the troll.[sblock=actions]minor: sustain wall of light
standard: Sun Strike vs troll (+2 to hit due to Distant Advantage; +1 damage due to Holy Gauntlets)
[/sblock]

"My apologies, my stony friend!"

Nyar releases another burst of fire, washing over the troll and his stone companion.

The wizard grimaces, "Oh, uh... sorry Cairn!"

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Scorching Burst at L-4 vs. Troll (reflex), Cairn: 1d20+11 → [16,11] = (27), 1d20+11 → [17,11] = (28) Hit both. Damage: 17 fire damage to Troll, 15 fire damage to Cairn (roll).

Of course I roll max damage that time.

DM: You bloody Cairn. Which is actually good, since if the troll did it he would have reaped benefits and now can't.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Item:
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos) [/sblock]

The troll keeps slashing at Cairn, obviously enraged. Watching the earth man take further injury seems to just drive him on, though doesn't help him break Cairn's rocky hide.

[sblock=ACTION]
Map

The troll does not regenerate.

Troll attacks Cairn and misses

Initiative
Better than 5 = You Guys (You may act in any order)
Narvalla 45/50 hp 5 thp
Christina 41/45 hp
Pooh 11/22 +4 thp
Rabberta 22/22 +5 thp
Owlotta 22/22
Nyar 25/41 hp +1 thp
Cairn 39/84 hp

5 = Bad Guys
Sniper 1 29/63 hp, R 18 Bloodied, Ran Away
Sniper 2 27/63 hp, R 18 Bloodied, Ran Away
Troll - 54/400 hp, AC 21, F 22, R 18, Marked by Cairn, Bloodied, marked, Slowed TENT
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Why won't smack- this thing -smack- give up! -smack- Christina shouts, trying unsuccessfully to break through the troll's thick skin with her staff.
[sblock=action]
Standard:Tending Strike vs troll

crit miss.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20+2, Fort: 18+2, Reflex: 16+2, Will: 19+2
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)
Call Fey Beast Companion (Owlotta)

Healing Word 0/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 0/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:11/22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 to allies defenses.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Owlotta]
Owlotta Unaligned Fey Beast Companion:

HP:22+2 AC:17+2 Fort:19+2 Ref:15+2 Will:19+2

Perception 23, Darkvision, Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage.

Ferocious Companion Aura 1:+2 allies gain to damage rolls to enemies in aura.

[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Narvala ir'Sarhain, female human invoker 7 (Silver Flame)

Narvala throws yet another bolt of radiant energy at the troll, her frustration hurting her accuracy.

Determined to do something useful, she gathers her willpower and tries again, this time managing to inflict at least some damage.

"You can't win, you know."
She says.
[sblock=actions]minor: sustain wall of light
standard: sun strike vs troll sun strike atk; dmg (+1 holy gauntlets) (1d20+12=13, 1d8+8=9)
free: use action point
action point: sun strike vs troll sun strike atk (+3 action surge); dmg (+1 holy gauntlets) (1d20+15=23, 1d8+8=11)[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn returns to his mechanical hewing of the troll. No longer calling on the spirits of winter, mountains or earth, he simply cleaves into the beast, without rest, fatigue or slowing down.

He moves in the middle of the great doors and glances inside for any further threats.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Weight of Earth vs Troll; damage (1d20+11+1+2=30, 1d10+5+4+2=20) - Troll is slowed TENT
Move: shift to K3, gain +1 AC & Ref
Minor: Perception (1d20+11=18)
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar tries to avoid blasting Cairn but unfortunately catches Pooh with the blast this time.

The wizard looks apologetically to the big, scary bear.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Scorching Burst at L-5 vs. Troll (reflex), Pooh: 1d20+11 → [17,11] = (28), 1d20+11 → [14,11] = (25) Both hit again.
Damage: 16 damage to Troll, 15 to Pooh (sorry Luinnar!) Roll.

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]

Powers:
Item:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], [MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION], I updated Troll hp on the map after your attacks. Could you please do it as you attack as it requires some backward checking if some change hp and some do not. Thanks.

Also, not to all: could some of you braver ones strife by the troll and provoke OAs? If he takes one I smack him one extra and you stop provoking until next turn :)
Or [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION], can your pets provoke? I know Rabberta can't, but not sure about Pooh and Owlotta

[MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION], where is the second wave? :p

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Nope, there's no 2nd wave. Thanks for being patient guys, I wanted to give everyone time to respond since it wasn't clear to me when EnWorld came back up and of course I didn't get an email reply when FourMonos posted. I'll make a note to myself to wrap this up later today, I just can't do so at this moment.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: @FourMonos , @drothgery , I updated Troll hp on the map after your attacks. Could you please do it as you attack as it requires some backward checking if some change hp and some do not. Thanks.

Also, not to all: could some of you braver ones strife by the troll and provoke OAs? If he takes one I smack him one extra and you stop provoking until next turn :)
Or @Luinnar , can your pets provoke? I know Rabberta can't, but not sure about Pooh and Owlotta

@ScorpiusRisk , where is the second wave? :p
OOC: Pooh and Owlotta can provoke OA :)

Remove ads