• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC][MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: I missed that [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] had marked the dwarf. Dual Ligthning mark the target if I hit, so I don't know if I MUST or I MAY mark the target on a hit. If I have a choice, I'll leave Primera's mark on the dwarf.[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], Rocco would charge the human IF the dwarf is marked by Primera, if it's marked by Jarel-Karn then he wouldn't (OA is risky), he would brash strike the dwarf. On hit, shift one, move action shift back. Please roll as needed. If charge goes, must charge to O14, on hit as free action shift to N14. If any shifting happens, Rocco gains +3 AC & Ref. Thanks.

MBA: +14 vs AC for 1d8.minroll(2)+10;
Brash Strike: +16 vs AC; 1d8.minroll(2)+13

Also, what happened to zillion temp hps on the shadows?

Tenchuu

First Post
[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]
Isn't Raijin alive? A thought the status -35 means he's max -35 hp, not that he's unconciuos - that much into negatives, he would be dead already
That does make more sense.... still, give it to him. I don't want it.

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck stepped closer to the middle of the fight, and let out a battle cry. "These creatures cannot stand against us!" The Singing Warlord continued to lead, pointing out vulnerabilities to his allies.
Halleck met the gaze of the dwarf and taunted him. "You are the champion of the gods? My, how the mighty have fallen."

OOC: Errbody in the club (tavern) gets a +5 to damage, so long as Halleck remains bloodied.

So any damage reduction or THP (remember, they don't stack, and right now I am buffed up to +14) you can throw my way would be good.

[sblock=Note to other Players: Bravura]
Halleck has the Bravura Presence:
When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Melee characters might also want to save their AP until I hit with Withering Courage, so they can double dip on the +5 damage bonus.
[/sblock][sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
[sblock=Action Block]
Move: shift to R14 (+1 to AC / Ref)
Minor: Heroic Effort - Close Burst 10 (All Allies) gain +5 to all damage rolls until I am no longer bloodied. I gain +14 THP
Standard: Vicious Mockery

[sblock=ignore]

• Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.

REMOVE WHEN USE BRASH ASSAULT[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 18

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 21, Reflex: 18, Will: 21 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 25/65, THP: 14/14 Bloodied: 32, Surge Value: 16, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+8
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery, Cloak of the Walking Wounded Second Wind, Boot of the Fencing Master shift,
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Withering Courage, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc, Benefactor Armor Enc, Recoil Shield Knockdown Immediate Reaction
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Song of Discord, Canon of Avoidance, Harmonic Spellblade Boon, Benefactor Armor Daily,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Arcana +3, Athletics +9, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +17, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +8, Heal +9, History +3, Insight +7, Intimidate +13, Nature +5, Perception +5, Religion +3, Stealth +2, Streetwise +9, Thievery +2

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log][sblock=Mark of Trogdor]
1. Thorkelson, a bald, tattooed man, entered the hangman's tavern and recruits Halleck and Vimak for a job. Thorkelson, needed some protection at the docks, but apparently had some sinister other motive, since he used drinks from the bar to drug Halleck and Vimak.

2. Wake up in the middle of a fight, being helped by strangers. Give the bandits a beating,

3. Get approached by the bandit leaders, who have two girls that look exactly like that one we want. The real girl is revealed, and natural, a fight breaks out. After we smash the goons, their leader, Hank the Tank comes out. And, eventually, Hank gets killed.

4. Get the real mission: deliver Lerrick to brother Buchta, so he can remove the mark of Trogdor from her forehead. The mark is in indicator to all that Lerrick has been chosen to be sacrificed to the dragon Bosch. Your quest as of now is to provide safe passage for Lerrick to brother Buchta so that he can perform the ritual. This includes taking her to the portal, traveling thought it, and then taking her from the portal to brother Buchta's place of residence.

5. Delivered Lerrick, performed the ritual, saved the day. However, discovered an evil dragon named Bosch who wears a necklace which makes him a juggernaut. Halleck carries a shield which should counter this effect. Adventurers now must stop the dragon.
[/sblock]1. Wait at Tavern.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
That does make more sense.... still, give it to him. I don't want it.

ooc: Sounds good. And no, Raijin is not dead. He's down 35 hp. I couldn't find his updated stats. I'm not sure Johnmeier1 has updated raijin. He hasn't posted in a while.

Update later on tonight.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], Rocco would charge the human IF the dwarf is marked by Primera, if it's marked by Jarel-Karn then he wouldn't (OA is risky), he would brash strike the dwarf. On hit, shift one, move action shift back. Please roll as needed. If charge goes, must charge to O14, on hit as free action shift to N14. If any shifting happens, Rocco gains +3 AC & Ref. Thanks.

MBA: +14 vs AC for 1d8.minroll(2)+10;
Brash Strike: +16 vs AC; 1d8.minroll(2)+13

Also, what happened to zillion temp hps on the shadows?

ooc: Primera has the mark on the dwarf and JK has a mark on the human. So, Rocco will charge human and perform the shift afterwards if the attack was a hit. As for the Temp hp, I believe that most it has been used up due to the attacks made on them this round.

New post will take place tomorrow night...for sure :)

dimsdale

First Post
The human shadow takes a beating, especially from the dragonborn and the drow. But it was the charging blow from the dwarf that brought it down. The darkness surrounding the dwarf disappears, and it pays for its lack of defense. However, new life streams into the dwarf from the fallen human shadow. The dwarf seeing no foes near him moves towards Jarel-karn, but misses badly as his greataxe hits the ground with sparks flying in all directions. The dwarf then surrounds itself with a cloud of darkness again, making it more difficult for the heroes to hit it.

Meanwhile, the fall of the human triggers to life the remaining three statues. The goliath walks towards the elf and then stops to the elf statue's right side. The half-elf statue vanishes into shadows, only to reappear to the elf statue's left. They seem to solidify again, standing in place, only their blazing red eyes show a sign of life. It is clear that attacking them now in their solid state would be useless. Only the dwarf statue shows an immediate threat.

OOC:
Rocco's charge attack hits for 18
Raijin uses second wind.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Heroes turn:
Quan: -5 ongoing damage, miss, fail save
Nementah: dwarf -6 to attack anyone but Primera, heals Quan for HS+13, temp hp +4 Quan, Halleck and Raijin, and Raijin +9 more hp
Primera: (attack made)
Halleck: +14 Temp HP, all allies gain +5 damage as long as Halleck remains bloodied, Dwarf -2 to attack roles and takes 10 damage
Skalisss: Hits human status for 36, +7 Temp hp granted to everyone but Quan
Raijin: Second wind
Rocco: Hit HS for 18, shifts for +3 AC and Reflex
Vimak: Hits HS for 18 and heals JK for HS+5
Bell: Miss, Heal Quan for HS +7, sustain AC zone
Earth: Miss: 1d10+7 damage to Human shadow when he stands up = 11
Jarel-karn: Hits human for 13 and dwarf for 11, marks human
Damen: Hit human for 36
Phoenix: Hits dwarf for 23 and 19 more at the start of dwarf's turn

Total Damage to Enemies:
Human Shadow: -150, DEAD
Dwarf Shadow: -63

Baddies turn:
Dwarf Shadow Statue:
Movement: see map
Attack: 1d20+16-6 vs JK AC for 1d12+8 miss
recharge brute strike: nope
recharge cloud of darkness: yes

Total Damage to Allies:
None
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]

Party:

Nementah:
HP 67/67 THP 7, B 33, Surge 16, 11/11 AC 21; F 22, R 20, W 22 AP 1

Primera:
HP 11/11 AC 24; Fortitude 24, Reflex 22, Will 24

Vimak:
HP 38/65 THP 7, B 32, Surge 16, 11/11 AC 25 F 21 R 19 W 21 AP 1

Rocco:
HP 56/74 THP 7, B 37, Surge 18+1, 12/12 AC 24; F 22, R 20, W 21 AP 1

Skalisss:
HP: 58/80 THP 7, B 40 Surge 21 11/11; AC:27 within zone F 22 R 19 W 22 Resist 1 ALL AP 1

Halleck:
HP: 25/65 THP 14, B 32 Surge 16, 9/9; AC 26, F 21, R 18, W 21, AP 1

Raijin: -35+9+HS THP 7,

Quan:
HP: 60/60 THP 4, B 30, Surge 15, 5/7; AC: 22, F 19, R 23, W 22 AP 1: save vs poison

Bell:
HP: 60/60 THP 7, B 30; Surge 15, 8/8; AC 24, F 18, R 23, W 21 AP 1

Jarel-Karn:
HP 83/83 THP 7; B 41; Surge 21; 12/13 AC 27; F 22; R 21; W 19 AP 1

Damen:
HP: 59/59 THP 7, B 29, Surge 14; 7/7, AC 23, F 17, R 24 W 20 AP 1

Earth:
HP 86/86 THP 7, B 43 Surge 21; 14/14 AC 25, F 20, R 18, W 19, AP 1

Phoenix
HP:53/53 THP 7, B 26, Surge 13, 8/8 AC 21, F 19, R 23, W 20, Resist Fire 9 AP 1

Enemies:
Hafling Shadow Statue:
Defenses: AC 24, Fortitude 23 Reflex 21, Will 22
HP: 100/100 THP: Bloodied 50 AP: 1/1 DEAD

Human Shadow Statue:
Defenses: AC 24, Fortitude 23 Reflex 21, Will 22
HP: 81/150 THP 50: Bloodied 75 AP: 0/1 DEAD

Dwarf Shadow Statue:
Defenses: AC 24 (26 due to shadow power) Fortitude 23 Reflex 21, Will 22
HP 186/200 THP 50: Bloodied 75 AP: 1/1

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Information]

Dwarf Shadow Statue
Powers:
Minor: Cloud of Darkness: All foes in cloud are -2 to hit dwarf until beginning of next turn (Recharge: 4,5,6).
Greataxe (weapon)  At-Will
Attack: Melee (All foes in burst 1); +16 vs. AC
Hit: 1d12 + 8 damage.
Brute Strike (weapon)  Recharge 5 or 6
Attack: Melee (one creature); +16 vs. AC
Hit: 3d12 + 8 damage, and the dwarf pushes the target up to 2 squares and knocks it prone.
Miss: Half damage, and the target falls prone.
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Summary]

Summary of Events
1. Prevented a flesh golem from killing the Weinfurter family. Body guard turned bad.
2. Dismantled the Crossed Sword and Skull Gang by killing Leader Hank the Tank
3. Prevented a possible encounter with a pack of wolves...for the moment
4. Alpha wolf presents orb of nature to Lerrick who gives it to Nementah.
5. Halleck finds orb of elements after party defeats band of ogres and a hill giant. He gives it to Raijin.
6. Defeated Bosch's dragonborn minions who tried to disrupt the ritual for removing the mark of Lerrick.
7. Mark is successfully removed from Lerrick by brother Buchta.
8. Encounter the great dragon Bosch for the first time. Dragon leaves but swears revenge.
9. Party returns Lerrick to mother in Daunton, but the father was not there as he was on an urgent task for brother Navio, something related to the shield.
10. Rocco tested for invoking a god. The party as well as other patrons at the tavern help defend Rocco from her wrath.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], did those other statues suddenly move side-by-side and will activate there or are they just somewhere in the room?

Remove ads