• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Advice for way of the wicked?

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Yeah.They havent gotten the hang of fighting evil yet. Still to used to the straight dungeon crawl style of fighting. They kind of need to work on planning things out for the future. They pretty much only focus on the right there that that second..

Drathir

First Post
im currently in book 2, party still looking for the main quest... Odenkirk was fun but the party focused him right out of the fight (bow and axe crit will do that though...) and since my party is a group thats played with each other pretty much since we started DnD (and later PF) they never live in the moment... until the moment is a fight between 2 NPCs that have a strategy... almost lost our tank in book one cause of our friendly neighborhood Commander of Balentyne

gdmcbride

First Post
Drathir,

Glad to hear you are having fun with "Way of the Wicked" and thanks for posting actual play notes. I love to read them!

Lord Havelyn is the end boss for Book One. I'm glad to hear he put a good fight.

Be sure to tell us more and you get further into to Book 2.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Hmm. Wow. Balentyne sounds tough. My players finally had to fight odenkirk last night. It was a tough battle.They started off trying to take him out with mind affecting spells but he rolled well and they failed. The ninja ran up and used vanishing trick to skirt his crew men and get sneak att dmg on him. She dealt 23 dmg. After that though she was surrounded by him and 4 crew men and got dropped to -6. The battle went poorly until they used hydraulic push spell to push him in a hole the wizard had made earlier. Then the necromancers owlbear skeleton cleared out a bunch of the crew while the cleric and sorcerer occupied the rest.The captain climbed out of the hole with some assistance from a crew man and got back in the battle. He then proceeded to drop the necromancer and the wizard got dropped by the archers on deck that same turn.The cleric took him and the rest of his crew out with a max rolled negative energy burst. So they had some trouble but in the end it all turned out ok and they loved the fight. They were also very impressed with fire axe. They want to see more of him in the future :).

Drathir

First Post
they dont over plan... its more like basic yet useful things, with odenkirk as they were "dropping anchor" to disembark they were to gank the Captain, the ninja vanished fighter (who only uses a shield, and bashes, that is almost always "equiped in case of danger (i dislike him somethimes)") just attacked, our Anti-Pally (of Asmodeus) axe crited due to standing next to him and quick draw, while the druid crited with its bow in turn one due to highest init. Odenkirk was then dead from sneak Attack two people later, although to allow them to take some damage he got one attack off "because he was at 0" (actually -5) that almost dropped the ninja (who is now 1 lvl away from Assassin, cuz i told him in no uncertain terms i wasnt allowing ninja death attack... stupid advanced powers and greater invisability).

For balentyne things went really well... they destroyed the guards and captains through means i will not say for now. just incase one of your guys happens to do EN world and reads this. They were able to do other things aswell of course (like removing the wizard with almost no fight, more on that later too...) Although I think the most ammusing thing they've done is in book 2.

They have recently aquired "ownership" of a general goods store (that is now being used by the other Knot, GGS=adventuring supplies so they "jumped" at the idea... I figured the less they needed to "work" the better in their eyes) by killing the owner and his wife at night having the Ninja forge a bill of sales (with a 28 forgery check, it didnt hurt when the AP looked like one of the Knights of Alerion(sp?) and does cha stuff well, foil/foible, 18 str, 8(10 from human) dex, 16(17 at 4th) cha, and 14 con). While the Fighter and Druid circleted themselves to look like them and leave town because "it was dangerous now that Balentyne is gone" and the guards/officials didnt check it out until 3 days later. It also gained them a ring of damndable sustenece that the Druid now wears. Stupid GMs book for random in stock magic items, they chose the GGS because it was there (the ring).

gdmcbride

First Post
Hey Drathir,

Thanks for the play report. I'm always interested in hearing the wicked schemes that players manage to concoct.

Odenkirk seems to be one of those fights that is either one of the hardest of Book One or a total cakewalk. The PCs either prepare and catch him totally unware -- *boom* -- dead before he even gets an action OR it is a tough slog of a fight.

Works for me.

Regardless thanks for posting info about your game. I love to read play reports of all sorts.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
I believe its based on medium.Just know they should be lvl 6(Im fairly sure) by the end of book one. If ther arent the book supplies ideas for legendary places in talingarde that are good for side questing for extra exp. So 2 of my players are already trying to figure out ways to wrigglew out of the contract with thorn. How likely is it that they will succeed?

Remove ads