AGELESS CAMPAIGN, Episode II, Part VI.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: As Fenris

Ruby looked down at her chest curiously. No one had ever said or thought anything negative about that area of her.

"Whatever do you mean? I think it looks perfect and it has been doing its job well. Aphrodite herself would be proud I'm certain."

George gives a wry smile "My good sir, I can attest that Miss West's chest is indeed quite perfect. But the dress was damaged protecting me, an eventuality I am quite sure Aphrodite herself would approve of. Once the current unrest is settle, have no doubt I shall spare no expense in having it repaired. You may hasten that glorious day by helping us find the future Queen." says George with a smile holding out his hand for the crystal ball.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
The Sheik calms and has his servant place the crystal ball on the table in the center of the room. He explains its usage, how a spellcaster must say the specific incantation for this particular item in a prescribed order and then concentrate of a place, person or object while thinking of nothing else. The person must continue to give the item their undivided attention and are then able to see the surrounding area of the object, be it a room, cavern or immediate area if outside. Those standing around would also see the image in the crystal ball.

OOC: DM's Comment: Which is why Mengesha would be better to do this than Ruby, as he not only knows the trunk better (having carried it for miles and packed it hundreds of times) but she may want to comment on what they are seeing while it is being used, which would break her concentration if she were the caster.

The chairs are cleared from around the table as the incantations are taught to Mengesha.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Good luck Mengesha, you know the trunk so well I feel we can't fail. Hopefully our instincts are correct and you find the Princess. It would be immensely helpful."

Silver Moon

Adventurer
An over-sized comfortable chair is placed for Mengesha to sit in. The Shiek also gives him some magical ear protectors, made to protect the ears during desert sandstorms, but in this instance to keep him from being distracted by the conversations of others present. He begins the incantation and the image within the opaque soccer-ball sized crystal orb begins to change.

Initially the image becomes that of the trunk in a dimly-lit area. It is currently closed and has the ornate wood and metal construction that Ruby had remembered. The trunk appears to not be stationary, rocking slightly from right to left and back.

The image then clears up beneath the trunk, revealing a wooden floor. Looking closely, it is clear that the trunk is flat on the floor, and that it is the floor itself that is slightly rocking.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Ruby whispers, "My first thought was the trunk is on a ship. But I doubt a ship would have wooden floors, at least I certainly wouldn't think it would. So that means, like our original guess, that the trunk, and hopefully the Princess, is on the airship. Unless they are deliberately trying to throw us off. But I doubt they would have had time for that, with us right on their tail. What do the rest of you think?"

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Mengesaha pulls the image back to take in the entire room. The room itself is vast, approximately forty-foot square, larger than the gondola room on the Dreadnaught dirigible. More telling are the walls on one side, which have a curve to them and three high, round windows approximately a foot in diameter near the top of the eight-foot high wooden ceiling.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: As Fenris

"No, that is the hold on a ship. Most ships still use wooden decking even if overlaid over the metal both to reduce the weight and to provide traction and allow munitions to bounce off. Airships don't typically roll since the are buoyed by air currents at worst the would list to one side if they were tacking against the prevailing air current. No, this is an ocean going vessel. And based on Maurice's intelligence that ship would seem to most likely be the Armitage. So we need to head there. Let me add a line to the American naval vessels to make sure they don't let the British ships sink her. Meanwhile we need to get the bomb out and ready for disarming or distraction and we need to get going to Heraklieon." says George.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Ruby looked at George adoringly. "You are so smart baby. Thank Aphrodite you are here. Okay, so we're heading to the Armitage unless someone has an objection." She paused, "Let's see if he can see anything else. I would hope they wouldn't keep the Princess in the trunk, especially since they are going to try to use her to rule."

Silver Moon

Adventurer
The image withing the crystal ball now becomes even clearer and Mengesha pans around the room while still keeping the trunk as part of the viewing area. The group sees that there is one individual within the room, a caucasian man who is lying on the deck atop a mat, his hands shackled behind his back, the chain running to the nearest wall where it is bolted onto. Most of the rest of the room appears vacant.

Something of interest then shows up when Mengesha pans just beyond the man, there are two blury transluscent outlines of light, each atop a mat, with a similar chain running to the wall.

Maurice Beaujoulais starts to laugh and exclaims, "These French wizards think themselves so smart! Casting a non-detection spell on a pair of people! Sure, we can't see them, but by magically scanning the room we see the magical outlines of what we can't detect! Look closely at those two silhouettes, one is clearly male and the same build as Orabi while the other is clearly female and the same build as the Princess."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Maurice Beaujoulais starts to laugh and exclaims, "These French wizards think themselves so smart! Casting a non-detection spell on a pair of people! Sure, we can't see them, but by magically scanning the room we see the magical outlines of what we can't detect! Look closely at those two silhouettes, one is clearly male and the same build as Orabi while the other is clearly female and the same build as the Princess."
Lawrence says, "That's enough for me. There's no time to waste. If that battleship wants to run, it can overpower the Navy's ships."

Remove ads