• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Maure Castle 3.5 OOC

Looks interesting.

I've got an idea for a Human Barbarian, a tough guy that lived in the wild, not because he's a nature lover, but because it's a challenge to survive. He did it for the challenge, to push himself to become a hardened survivor.

Mechanics wise, here are some thoughts.

Human Barbarian 12
ACF: Berserker Strength (PHB II pg33)

Feats
H Mad-Foam Rager
1 Power Attack
3 Endurance
6 Diehard
9 Steadfast Determination
12 Armor Specialization: Hide

His Con mod applies to both Fortitude & Will, Diehard keeps him fighting longer, Mad-Foam Rager lets him smack the wizard attempting to Dominate him before the spell takes effect, and the Armor Specialization DR 2/- will stack with his Barbarian DR 2/- and Berserker Strength DR 3/-. Normally his damage reduction is DR 4/-, in his Berserker Strength it jumps to DR 7/-.

Also, +4 trap sense is not a bad thing when going on a dungeon crawl.

If this sounds like someone that'll work in your game, let me know and I'll make a full write up and sheet.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Looks interesting.

I've got an idea for a Human Barbarian, a tough guy that lived in the wild, not because he's a nature lover, but because it's a challenge to survive. He did it for the challenge, to push himself to become a hardened survivor.

Mechanics wise, here are some thoughts.

Human Barbarian 12
ACF: Berserker Strength (PHB II pg33)

Feats
H Mad-Foam Rager
1 Power Attack
3 Endurance
6 Diehard
12 Armor Specialization: Hide

His Con mod applies to both Fortitude & Will, Diehard keeps him fighting longer, Mad-Foam Rager lets him smack the wizard attempting to Dominate him before the spell takes effect, and the Armor Specialization DR 2/- will stack with his Barbarian DR 2/- and Berserker Strength DR 3/-. Normally his damage reduction is DR 4/-, in his Berserker Strength it jumps to DR 7/-.

Also, +4 trap sense is not a bad thing when going on a dungeon crawl.

If this sounds like someone that'll work in your game, let me know and I'll make a full write up and sheet.

Looks good at first glance -- are all of those feats from the PHB and PHB2?

Yep, though I'm curious how Diehard will work with the Death and Dying rules.

I'm going to drop the wilderness survival idea. As he's not a raging barbarian but more of a tough as nails warrior, I'm thinking he'd have been in some military unit of shock troopers. However, I don't know the lore of Greyhawk very well, so I'm not sure what kingdom or area would be a good place for him.

Character Sheet in progress:
[sblock]
Name: Longren
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian (Berserker Strength ACF)
Level: 12
Alignment: True Neutral

Str 20 +5 (17 base, +1 lvl, +2 enhancement)
Dex 12 +1
Con 20 +5 (16 base, +2 lvl, +2 enhancement)
Int 10 --
Wis 10 --
Cha 09 -1

HP: 138
Armor Class: 21 (10 base +7 armor +1 dex +3 natural)
Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 21 (Improved Uncanny Dodge)
DR 6/- (DR 9/- while in Berserker Strength)

Initiative: +1
BAB/Grapple: +12/+17
Speed: 30ft in breastplate (40ft base)

Vision: Darkvision, 60ft.
Listen +14
Spot +7

Attack
+2 Adamantine Greataxe +19, 1d12+9 damage (2nd attack at +19 as move, 3rd attack at +19 as swift)
Berserker Strength: +22, 1d12+14 damage (2nd attack +22 as move, 3rd attack at +22 as swift)

Fortitude: +17 (+8 base, +5 con, +4 magic)
Reflex: +9 (+4 base, +1 dex, +4 magic)
Will: +13 (+4 base, +5 con, +4 magic)
[+4 reflex vs traps]

Class Features:
Fast Movement +10ft
Illiteracy
Berserker Strength (When below 60hp, +6 Strength, +3 saves, DR 3/-, -2 armor class)
Improved Uncanny Dodge
Trap Sense +4
Damage Reduction 2/-

Feats
H Mad-Foam Rager
1 Power Attack
3 Endurance
6 Diehard
12 Armor Specialization: Breastplate

Skiils
Climb +17 (15 ranks, +5 str, -3 acp)
Intimidate +15 (15 ranks)
Jump +17 (15 ranks, +5 str, -3 acp)
Listen +15 (15 ranks)
Spot(CC) +7 (7.5 ranks)
Survival +15 (15 ranks)

Languages: Common (speak only), Dwarven (speak & read)

Weapon Proficiencies: Basic, Axes, Heavy Blades, Picks & Hammers

Gear:
+2 Adamantine Greataxe
+2 Adamantine Breastplate
Amulet of Natural Armor +3
Cloak of Resistance +4
Belt of Dwarvenkind
Gauntlets of Ogre Power
Boots of Levitation

Warhammer (hanging on belt)
Cold Iron Longsword (sheated on belt)
Potion of Cure Serious Wounds
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds x2
Oil of Magic Weapon x2
Silversheen
Universal Solvent x3
38gp
[/sblock]

Image:
[sblock]
aresff6qc0.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I like him!

Greyhawk has lots of realms from which "barbarian" types could come...any of the various "barbarian" nations (Frost, Ice or Snow), the Hold of Stonefist, The Rovers of the Barrens, The Tiger or Wolf Nomads. Several others as well. I'm not in the reach of any of my books at the moment, so I can't give you any better idea at the present time.

I like him!

Greyhawk has lots of realms from which "barbarian" types could come...any of the various "barbarian" nations (Frost, Ice or Snow), the Hold of Stonefist, The Rovers of the Barrens, The Tiger or Wolf Nomads. Several others as well. I'm not in the reach of any of my books at the moment, so I can't give you any better idea at the present time.

Thanks. :cool:

I don't really see him as coming from a barbarian tribe though. More like someone that was raised in a barbaric social environment (urban, military, etc). Like a street punk that learned to fight to win, rather than a squire that learned all the proper weapon forms, heraldry, and honor. He's less primal rage and more uncouth warrior.

Rhun

First Post
Thanks. :cool:

I don't really see him as coming from a barbarian tribe though. More like someone that was raised in a barbaric social environment (urban, military, etc). Like a street punk that learned to fight to win, rather than a squire that learned all the proper weapon forms, heraldry, and honor. He's less primal rage and more uncouth warrior.

If I remember correctly, The Hold of Stonefist (now called Stonehold) is probably a good match for what you are looking for. It is a feudal monarchy, quite militaristic and barbaric (but not barbarian).

Remove ads