Anarenn: Rise of the ancient blood [OOC]

Ambrus

Explorer
Uhm, just to check, you are aware I posted to the IC thread right? Should I go ahead and post my character's morning activities?

Nightbreeze

First Post
Yeah, sorry very much *bows in shame*

I got a call for an internship interview, so I had a few hectic days. There's a little think that I wanted to post before asking it for your morning activities....but now that I think about it, I can tell you here and you can roleplay it.

You use to dream, almost always uninteresting things. However, this morning you awaken with a sudden clarity. There was something clicking in your mind last evening, but you cound't get hold on it. And with the morning, a clear thought comes to you: there was a word that the wizard said...Arket'sa...that is familiar. You are pretty sure that you heard it somewhere, and most of the strange words and names that you know....come from the books.

Ambrus

Explorer
I've been meaning to ask you about where you're located. I have to admit that I'm somewhat curious since it's not listed in your profile. Sorry if I'm prying. :)

Nightbreeze

First Post
Is it ok for you if I make the maps up with artpad? They will suck anyway even if I made them with photoshop...

I wont be able to post updates today, as I am home, far from my DM-notes. Take care about your health, and post at your own speed. If you want a pause, just tell me.

Ambrus

Explorer
Any map would be better than trying to imagine the area on my own. As is I can't figure out which direction my dragon is heading when it's flying to the village, the Drachenfell or the ruins.

The worst of my condition has passed I think, so I don't foresee needing a pause. I'm ready to keep going. Thanks for your concern though. :)

Ambrus

Explorer
I don't care all that much about the quality of the art, simply the clarity of the elements involved. I've gone over our three threads and tried to add in the relevant details I could find, including the names of settlements and distances involved. Let me know if there's anything I got wrong.

Also, could you indicate whereabouts is Etheryl's farm as well as the location of the wizardess' hill? Also, are there any roads or trackways in the area? How about rivers and lakes? And importantly; does the forest have a name? How about the forested hills to the west?

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
Yeah, it seems that you were right on the fact that we are getting both confused.

So, let's try to clean up my mistakes: The forested hills to the west quickly become the forested Berlenda mountains, while on the east you have gentle rolling , grass covered hills and agriculture fields. Etheryl's farm is 700 mt south of you, iirc. (well, even if I don't recall correctly, let's keep to the new statement, it doesn't matter that much).

The ridge behind Drachenfell runs from south to the north, and is one of the many natural elements that distinguish the transition from forest-covered hills to forest-covered mountains and later high, and unaccessible mountains.

I will post a general map of Hethon tomorrow as a general reference, but I need my notes because there are some fine details there and I don't want to screw things up.

EDIT:
The hill of the wizardess was the the very edge of the forest 30* up from drachenfell. The forest itself is named "Green gates", by the locals, and there's a dirt road connecting the village with the nearest city. There are no signposts, as almost never a foreigner comes here (and thus, the wizards are a HUGE exception).

Last edited:

Remove ads