Any Malazan fans here?

Belzamus

First Post
Hey guys. Been a bit.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen is an amazing, 10-book epic fantasy series by Steven Erikson. And when I say epic...I mean really freaking epic!

The first book opens up with a cataclysmic mage-duel, the Malazan Empire's entire mage cadre, led by Imperial High Mage Tayshcrenn, squaring off against the 500,000-year old Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness and Lord of the fey Tiste Andii, as he confronts them from atop his floating moutain-fortress (complete with Deathstar lasers).

And it only gets more epic from there.

Anyway, I've been working on a d20 conversion for some of the characters (there's like, literally, 1,000 characters in this series, no joke. Gods, Ascendants, demons, divine champions, draconean shapeshifters, armies of indestructible undead killing machines, mages who use planetary ICE AGES as conventional weapons of war, etc) using the Immortals Handbook.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing the stats I'm working on.

Oh, and seriously, if you guys haven't read these...READ THEM NOW! The first book is called Gardens of the Moon.

DamienWilacoth

First Post
Hey guys. Been a bit.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen is an amazing, 10-book epic fantasy series by Steven Erikson. And when I say epic...I mean really freaking epic!

The first book opens up with a cataclysmic mage-duel, the Malazan Empire's entire mage cadre, led by Imperial High Mage Tayshcrenn, squaring off against the 500,000-year old Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness and Lord of the fey Tiste Andii, as he confronts them from atop his floating moutain-fortress (complete with Deathstar lasers).

Anyway, I've been working on a d20 conversion for some of the characters (there's like, literally, 1,000 characters in this series, no joke. Gods, Ascendants, demons, divine champions, draconean shapeshifters, armies of indestructible undead killing machines, mages who use planetary ICE AGES as conventional weapons of war, etc) using the Immortals Handbook.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing the stats I'm working on.

Oh, and seriously, if you guys haven't read these...READ THEM NOW! The first book is called Gardens of the Moon.

...Are you kidding? Of course I want to see them!

Belzamus

First Post
Well, that's encouraging. :cool:

I suppose I should start with some design notes before putting up any stats.

So far, I've been sticking to the martial characters because of how different the magic system is from normal DnD, but I have some ideas on how to make it work. Plus, there's no shortage of insanely uber swordsmen in the series to work with.

My concept for magic (as I've worked it in so far) is that "normal" magic (a non-High Mage using a Warren) is equal in power up to about 6th level spells, while High Magic (a High Mage using his chosen Warren) covers 7th-9th level, while Elder Magic starts at 7th-9th level and expands into metamagicked higher level slots, leaving Holds as actual Epic Spells.

Of course, the whole thing is muddled by the kind of spells that are actually used in the books, since a lot of the magic could be better represented by the various [Effect] abilities from Ascension, paired with plane-shifting and teleporting and magic item creation. So, I'm still considering going with a system more along those lines, having different Warrens better at direct combat application and others better at travel or investing items.

But, for now, that's a bit far off. I still have a ton of warriors to get through (though there will of course be some bleed-through with sword-swingers who can access Warrens and whatnot).

Now, as for Gods vs. Ascendants, it seems a simple matter of an Ascendant simply being an entity with a Divine template but no Portfolios, but even then, Ascendant's don't tend to have the same...mastery as actual gods, things like remote sensing and whatnot, more just straightup power. So, I imagine I'll be using a modified Divine template for the Ascendants and the standard Divine templates for Gods.

Divine champions, like Mortal Swords, Shield Anvils, and Destriants, I'm using the lower-tier Divine templates for, with only a single portfolio.

I'm assuming that a position in a High House would give access to the Double Portfolio in that case, but that becomes muddled in some cases, so I'll probably just take these on a case-by-case basis.

Now, another note. I'm trying to keep this as close to core 3.5 as possible, so...a lot of these builds have a lot of levels of Fighter and...have a lot of the same feats, really. I think that their special abilities outweigh the similarities, though, and honestly, I just can't think of a better way to represent a lot of them. Malazan doesn't really do Paladins, Rangers, and Barbarians for the most part (at least, not in the typical archetypes). I'm also finding that in the case of a lot of the more powerful characters, it's easier to just build them from sheer Hit Dice and just apply whatever abilities I think fit, rather than try to shoe-horn a class onto them. (That's why Fighter works so well, it's open to complete customization.)

Mostly, though, a lot of Fighters, and a lot of people who use swords in particular. Of course, the ones who don't should stand out all the more once I get to them (Caladan Brood with the world-shattering Hammer of Burn, for instance, or Cotillion the Rope...with his rope.)

Last note, I'm going with a modest interpretation of the power scale. One could make an argument that the average T'lan Imass substantially stronger than CR 16, but I'm trying to keep things relatively sane, all things considered. Level 20 for the really freaking good people, 30 for the superhumans, 40-60 for the army blenders, 60-80 for the walking disaster types, 80-120 for the civilization-enders, and 120-160 for the Elder Gods, and 160-240 for the Elementals. Or at least, that's the intention.

In example for anyone who knows what I'm talking about:

20: Kalam
30: Gruntle
40: Tool
50: Karsa
60: Cotillion
70: Silchas Ruin
80: Caladan Brood
90: Anomander Rake
100: Icarium
110: Raest
120: Gothos
130: Mael
140: Draconus
160: K'rul
200: T'iam
240: Mother Dark

That's a fairly rough guess on my part, but I think it fits well enough. I mean, technically Mother Dark should probably be a First One, but it just seems like too wide a gap. I think what I'll do to compensate is have the Elder Gods and Elementals given access to their entire portfolios, not just the tier the qualify for, which would give them abilities more in line with their fluff, while still keeping their stats in the realm of sanity.

Either way, I'm more concerned with internal consistency than with cross-setting consistency. I'm not doing this to see whether Khorvanis could take K'rul. (He totally could, by the way. :p)

Anyway, I'll stats forthcoming. I want to finish a few more before I start posting them up, have about 7 done now, I think.

...gee, that was long.

Howdy Belzamus dude! :)

Belzamus said:
Hey guys. Been a bit.

Sounds like my cup of tea. I'll either see about buying the books cheap or getting them from the local library.

Every floating fortress should have a deathstar style super-laser or similar uber weapon. :cool:

4E? :p

Okay I'm going now...

...wait a minute its late and the library and shops are closed. Can it wait until tomorrow? B-)

Belzamus

First Post
Yeah, that's true, if only in the character quotes.

Definitely check them out, though be warned, the beginning of the first book (said mage-battle) is told from in flashback from a shell-shocked sorceress with some memory issues, it can be a bit confusing to wrap your head around on the first read.

Belzamus

First Post
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]T'lan Imass[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Children of Dust, the Silent Host[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
T__lan_Imass_Frazetta_Style_by_Nether83.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The mud was transmogrifying, coalescing into the shapes of figures. Flint blades appeared, some grey, some the deep red of chalcedony. Bedraggled fur slowly sprouted, riding broad, bony shoulders. Bone helmets gleam polished gold and brown – the skulls of beasts that she could not imagine existing anyway. Long ropes of filthy hair were now visible, mostly brown or black. The mud did not so much fall away as [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]change. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]These creatures were one with the clay...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Medium Undead (augmented humanoid)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hit Dice: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]12d12 +60 (204 hp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Initiative: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+10 (+6 Dexterity, +4 Improved Initiative([/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Speed: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]60 ft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Armor Class: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]33 (+2 Armor, +5 Deflection, +6 Dexterity, +10 Natural)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Flat-Footed:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]27 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Touch: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]21[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Base Attack/Grapple: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+12/+25[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Space/Reach: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]5 ft./ 5 ft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Attack: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Flint Sword [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+26/+21/+16 4d6 +17 17-20/x2[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Qualities: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Blind-Sense 180 ft., DR 10/--, Indestructible, Return to Dust, SR 30, Tellan Warren, Telepathy 180 ft. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Saves: Fort [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+10 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ref[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] +16 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Will [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+13[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Abilities: Str [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]26[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Dex[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]22 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Con [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]0 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Int [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]14 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Wis[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]10 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cha [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]8[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Skills: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gather Information +14, Search +16, Spot +15, Survival +15[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Feats: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cleave, Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness (x5) (B), Improved Sunder, Greater Power Attack, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Greatsword)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Alignment: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lawful Neutral[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Environment: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Any[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]ECL: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]CR: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]16[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Possessions: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Flint Sword, Leather Armor[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Flint Sword[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Each T'lan Imass carries a greatsword made of flint or chalcedony, edged in obsidian. These massive blades, weighing in excess of a hundred pounds, require a strength of 25 to wield and are an exotic weapon to any but a T'lan Imass. Due to their weight, their base damage is increased to 4d6. The obsidian edge of the blade cuts truer than any steel and threatens a critical hit on a 17-20. The swords overcome DR/Magic and Adamantine and cannot be sundered or damaged by any means.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Indestructible[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]T'lann Imass take half damage from all forms of attack (applied before Damage Reduction). If reduced to 0 Hit Points, a T'lan Imass is not not destroyed, simply rendered unable to act unless healed by an infusion of Tellan from a Bonecaster. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Return to Dust[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]As a Swift Action, a T'lan Imass may temporarily release the bonds of Tellan holding its corporeal form together, falling immediately to calcified dust (all its equipment is subsumed in this transformation). In this form, T'lan Imass cannot be affected by targeted effects, although they may still be caught within the area of a damaging effect such as a Fireball (though they only suffer half damage from such effects due to their Indestructible ability). While dust, a T'lan's movement speed is increased to Fly 180 ft. (Perfect). Likewise, the Imass gains a +30 Hide modifier in their dust form. The T'lan Imass may return to its corporeal form with another Swift Action. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Tellan Warren[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Each T'lan Imass is individually aspected to the Tellan Warren, which sheathes them in Elder Sorcery and empowers their ancient limbs with strength beyond mortal ken. It provides the following benefits:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+10 Strength and Dexterity[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Full Base Attack Bonus[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]SR 18+HD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Maximum Hit Points per Hit Die[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Improved Toughness x5 as Bonus Feats[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A +5 Deflection Bonus to Armor Class[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A +5 Insight Bonus to all Attack and Damage rolls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A +5 Resistance Bonus to all Saving Throws[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]An additional Swift Action each round[/FONT]

Belzamus

First Post
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Onos T'oolan[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]First Sword of the T'lan Imass [/FONT]

Chapter3-Tool.jpg

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You have no understanding of what his title of Sword signifies. He is without equal in this world.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Medium Undead (augmented humanoid)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hit Dice: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]24d12 +240 (480 hp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Initiative: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+21 (+13 Dexterity, +8 Superior Initiative)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Speed: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]60 ft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Armor Class: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]51 (+7 Armor, +13 Dexterity, +1 Dodge, +10 Deflection, +10 Natural)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Flat-Footed:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]38 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Touch:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] 34[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Base Attack/Grapple: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+24/+52[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Space/Reach: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]5 ft./5 ft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Attack: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]First Sword [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+64/+64/+64/+54/+49 8d6 +53 17-20/x3 [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Abilities: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dead Magic Zone[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Qualities: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Blind-Sense 900 ft., DR 25/--, Indestructible, Return to Dust, SR 42, Tellan Warren, Telepathy 900 ft. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Saves: Fort [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+18[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ref[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] +31 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Will [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+26[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Abilities: Str [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]44 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dex[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]36 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Con [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]0 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Int [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]13 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Wis[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]14 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cha [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]10 [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Skills: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gather Information +27, Search +28, Spot +29, Survival +27[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Feats: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cleave, Great Cleave, Greater Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Greater Weapon Specialization (Greatsword), Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness (x10) (B), Improved Sunder, Greater Power Attack, Melee Weapon Mastery (Slashing), Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Weapon Specialization (Greatsword), Weapon Supremacy (Greatsword)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Epic Feats: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Epic Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Epic Weapon Specialization (Greatsword), Superior Initiative [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Alignment: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lawful Neutral[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Environment: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Any[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]ECL: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]36[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]CR: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]24[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Possessions: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]First Sword, +5 Leather Armor [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]First Sword[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Tool wields the First Sword, a T'lan Imass flint sword invested with a tremendous blessing of Tellan sorcery. It functions as a [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+6 Ghost Touch Greatsword[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]. The Tellan investment doubles its base damage to 8d6. Likewise, its Critical Multiplier is increased to x3. Like all T'lan Imass weapons, the First Sword cannot be sundered or disjoined by non-Elder magic. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dead Magic Zone[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]As a Swift Action, Onos may call forth a Dead Magic Zone in a 900 ft. radius around himself. He must continue to expend a Swift Action each round to maintain the zone. Within the zone, all non-Elder magic ceases to function. Any mage attempting to cast Elder magic within the zone must make a Caster Level check (DC 42) or take 1d10 points of damage per Caster Level for each spell they attempt to cast.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Indestructible[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Tool takes half damage from all forms of attack (applied before Damage Reduction). If reduced to 0 Hit Points, he is not destroyed, simply rendered unable to act unless healed by an infusion of Tellan. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Return to Dust[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]As a Swift Action, Tool may temporarily release the bonds of Tellan holding his corporeal form together, falling immediately to calcified dust (all of his equipment is subsumed in this transformation). In this form, Tool cannot be affected by targeted effects, although he may still be caught within the area of a damaging effect such as a Fireball (though he only suffers half damage from such effects due to his indestructible ability). While dust, Tool's movement speed is increased to Fly 180 ft. (Perfect). Likewise, Tool gains a +30 Hide modifier in his dust form. Tool may return to his corporeal form with another Swift Action. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Tellan Warren[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]More so than any other Imass, Onos T'oolan is personally aspected to the Tellan Warren. This blessing, the rank of First Sword of the T'lan Imass, provides him with phenomenal power. It affords him the following benefits:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+20 Strength and Dexterity[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Full Base Attack Bonus[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Bonus feats as a Fighter of his Hit Dice[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]SR 18+HD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Maximum Hit Points per Hit Die[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Improved Toughness x10 as Bonus Feats[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A +10 Deflection Bonus to Armor Class[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A +10 Insight Bonus to all Attack and Damage rolls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A +10 Resistance Bonus to all Saving Throws[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Two additional Swift Actions each round[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Tool is constantly [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]hasted[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]As a Standard Action, Tool may heal his wounds with Tellan sorcery, recovering 72 Hit Points instantly.[/FONT]

Belzamus

First Post
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Kalam Mekhar[/FONT]

Kalam.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Snake indeed. The man's a killer, a soldier who's reached the next level in the art of murder. Not just a job anymore, this man likes it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Human Fighter 8/Rogue 13[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Medium Humanoid[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hit Dice: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]8d10 +13d6 +63 (161 hp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Initiative: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+11 (+7 Dexterity, +4 Improved Initiative)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Speed: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]60 ft. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Armor Class: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]33 (+5 Armor, +4 Deflection, +7 Dexterity, +7 Dodge)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Flat-Footed:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] 19[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Touch: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]29[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Base Attack/Grapple: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+17/+25[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Space/Reach: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]5 ft./ 5 ft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Attack: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ancestral Long-Knife [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+30/+30/+25/+20/+15 1d6 +12 17-20/x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]AND [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Otataral Long-Knife [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+31/+31/+26/+21/+16 2d6 +9 19-20/x2[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Abilities: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Opportunist, Quickness, Sneak Attack +7d6 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Qualities: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Improved Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Saves: Fort [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+13[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ref[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] +19 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Will [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+7[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Abilities: Str [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]26 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dex[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]25 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Con [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]16 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Int [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]13 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Wis[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]12 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cha [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]11[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Skills: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gather Information +24, Hide +46, Intimidate +24, Move Silently +31, Search +25, Spot +25, Survival +27[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Feats: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Bounding Assault, Dodge, Improved Dodge, Improved Initiative, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Mobility, Rapid Blitz, Spring Attack, Two Weapon Fighting[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Epic Feats: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Perfect Two Weapon Fighting, Supreme Dodge, Two Weapon Mastery [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Alignment: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Neutral[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Environment: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Malazan Empire[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]ECL: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]21[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]CR: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]16[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Possessions: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ancestral Long-Knife, Otataral Long-Knife, Masterwork Chainmail, Claw-Master Cloak[/FONT]

Ancestral Long-Knife

This silvery blade has the Crow-Clan sigil engraved near the handle. It is a +4 Keen, Defending Shortsword.

Otataral Long-Knife

This coppery blade bears the sigil of the Theloman High-Mage Bellurdan. It is forged of pure Otataral, increasing its base damage to 2d6. It is a +5 Shortsword. When drawn, it generates an Anti-Magic Field in a 100 ft. radius around the wielder. This field does not affect the wielder.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Claw-Master Cloak[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]These black, invested cloaks are given only to high-ranking members of the Claw. The provide the wearer a +15 bonus to Hide checks and a +4 Deflection bonus to Armor Class.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Quickness[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Despite his incredible mass, Kalam's movements are a blur. In combat, his enemies seem to freeze in time, opening themselves to lethal blows. Kalam acts as if constantly under the effects of a [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]haste [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]spell. This is an extraordinary effect and cannot be dispelled or suppressed by an anti-magic field. [/FONT]

Belzamus

First Post
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gruntle[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mortal Sword of Trake[/FONT]

300px-Memories_of_ice_det02.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]His eyes saw...differently. Unhuman acuity. Motion – no matter how slight or peripheral – caught his attention, filled his awareness. Judged inconsequential or defined as threat, prey, or unknown: instinctive decisions, yet no longer buried deep, now lurking just beneath the surface of his mind. He could feel every muscle, every tendon and bone, could concentrate on each one to the exclusion of all the others, achieving a spatial sensitivity that made control absolute. He could walk a forest floor in absolute silence, if he so wished. He could freeze, shielding even the breath he drew, and become perfectly motionless. But the changes he felt were more profound that these physical manifestations. The violence residing in him was that of a killer. Cold and implacable, devoid of compassion or ambiguity.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Human Fighter 16 Hero-Deity[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Medium Humanoid[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hit Dice: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]16d10 +80 (240 hp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Initiative: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+13 (+5 Dexterity, +8 Superior Initiative)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Speed: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]90 ft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Armor Class: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]42 (+8 Armor, +6 Deflection, +5 Dexterity, +3 Divine, +6 Dodge, +4 Natural)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Flat-Footed:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] 31[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Touch: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]30[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Base Attack/Grapple: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+16/+31[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Attack: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Teeth of Trake [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif](2) +39/+39/+39/+34/+29/+24 2d6+27 15-20/x3[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Abilities: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Divine Aura (65 ft.), Soletaken Form, Spell-Like Abilities, War Portfolio[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Qualities: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]DR 5/Epic, Divine Bonus (+3), Divine Senses, Immortality, Immunity to Natural Effects, SR 29[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Saves: Fort [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+18[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ref[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] +13 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Will [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+9[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Abilities: Str [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]28 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dex[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]21 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Con [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]20 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Int [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]14 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Wis[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]13 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cha [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]22[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Skills: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Intimidate +28, Jump +31, Search +24, Spot +23[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Feats: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cleave, Dodge, Great Cleave, Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Greater Weapon Focus (Scimitar), Greater Weapon Specialization (Scimitar), Improved Critical Multiplier (Scimitar), Improved Initiative, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Melee Weapon Mastery (Slashing), Mobility, Power Attack, Slashing Flurry, Spring Attack, Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Scimitar), Weapon Specialization (Scimitar), Whirlwind Attack[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Epic Feats: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dire Charge, Improved Dodge, Improved Whirlwind Attack, Perfect Cleave, Perfect Two Weapon Fighting, Superior Cleave, Superior Initiative, Superior Whirlwind Attack, Supreme Dodge, Two Weapon Mastery, Uncanny Two Weapon Fighting [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Alignment: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Chaotic Neutral[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]ECL: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]30[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]CR: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Possessions: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Teeth of Trake, Masterwork Half-Plate Armor[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Teeth of Trake[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gruntle's twin cutlasses are annealed and consecrated in the blood of hundreds of foes he has slain in the name of Trake. They are identical, both being [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]+6 Keen, Ghost-Touch Scimitars of Speed. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Their base damage is increased to 2d6. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Soletaken Form[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]As a Standard Action, Gruntle may shift into the form of a Huge tiger. He remains in this form for 5 rounds, though he may assume it again by taking another Standard Action. He gains the following changes to his statistics:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hit Points: 320[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Initiative: +18[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Speed: 120 ft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Armor Class: 44, FF 34, T 35[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Attack: 2 Claws +36 4d8+17 17-20/x2, Bite +36 8d6+24 19-20/x3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Abilities: Improved Grab, Pounce, Rake 4d6+17, Rend 8d6+31[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Special Qualities: DR 10/Epic, Fast Healing 10 Immunity to Fear, Low-Light Vision, Scent[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Saves: Fort +23, Ref +18, Will +9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Skills: Intimidate +28, Jump +36, Search +24, Spot +23[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Spell-Like Abilities[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]CL 19, DC 19+ Spell Level[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]At Will [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Divine Power, Haste, Magic Vestment, Magic Weapon, Power Word Stun, Righteous Might, Spiritual Weapon[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]War Portfolio[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Soldier's Death [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gruntle suffers a -3 Divine Penalty to Attack Rolls for 1 month if he ever retreats from battle[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Battle-Ready [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gruntle may use armor and shields without penalty[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scion of War [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gruntle gains a +3 Competence Bonus to all Attack Rolls[/FONT]

Remove ads