Anybody gonna run the 4e Steading of the Hill Giant Chief from DDI as a PBP here?

drothgery

First Post
Hmm, can't complain too much about free volunteer work, and I guess I didn't write much physical description for Gwenn, but I kind of pictured her as looking a bit more feminine.

Inspiratorium

First Post
Oh, that'll work too. I can get another sketch up soon enough.

(I tend to try to avoid making characters look too feminine if they're martial characters, so I defaulted to more masculine)

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Oh, that'll work too. I can get another sketch up soon enough.

(I tend to try to avoid making characters look too feminine if they're martial characters, so I defaulted to more masculine)
And I pretty much agree with that, but she's still female, not in heavy armor, and has a pretty high charisma score; disguising her as a man would be a non-trivial exercise.

Inspiratorium

First Post
You'd think so, but considering that Bluff is the skill for disguise and is based off of charisma...

(also, Charisma != prettiness. But I gotcha, I'll see what I can do. I didn't actually remember she was dark haired in the last one, I assumed she was a redhead for some reason. Probably the name)

Anybody else who thinks I got summat wrong, feel free to tell me.

Last edited:

The hood for Lucan was a nice add-on. I didn't picture it at first, but it totally makes sense. Someone who's been hiding out in the woods and who might be recognizable would definitely want something like that to help cover his face.

Inspiratorium

First Post
So is this more to your imagination of Gwenn?

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 53

tiornys

Explorer
All right, I've finished going over the characters in the Rogue's Gallery.

[MENTION=86189]DistractingFlare[/MENTION], I'm afraid Skalds don't start with Rapier proficiency. You'll either have to spend a feat, background benefit, or switch to a different weapon (long/short sword?). Also, you should use Earthhide for the +1 Fort.

[MENTION=6684877]Inspiratorium[/MENTION], I don't think you've selected either a Theme or a (mechanical) Background. If you want to go without, that's fine, otherwise you should make some choices. Some other things:
You have a +3 bonus to Endurance that I couldn't find a source for.
Your defenses reflect a Heavy Shield, but you don't have one in your equipment
Your Reflex is short by 1; your bonuses are listed right, but they add to 25, not 24.
Your Initiative is short by 2; I think you missed the upgrade from Combat Readiness to Greater Combat Readiness

[MENTION=42839]Phaezen[/MENTION], I didn't see a (mechanical) background. Again, it's fine if you go without, otherwise make a selection please. Also, you have a Ritual Book in your inventory, but rituals get listed on a different sheet. Based on your gold, I think you purchased some, but I don't know what they are. Finally, you might want to use Master at Arms so your math is correct, at least until Versatile Expertise gets updated in the CB.

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], I couldn't find your Circle choice. I'm guessing Circle of Shelter? Also, I didn't see your choices for your Primal Attunement powers. You don't have a level 11 feat listed, but I'm guessing Superior Implement: Accurate Staff based on your equipment. And last, you have yourself at 80 HP, CB has you at 92. Not sure what happened there.

[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], your mage looks fine on a read-through. Once you post a finalized character to the RG, I'll go over it more closely.

Next I'll be working on country names and on starting the IC and OOC threads.

t~

Inspiratorium

First Post
The +3 actually does come from a background, Brother in Battle (training in endurance and +3 to those checks). And I didn't choose a theme cuz I don't have the Dark Sun campaign guide, so I can't actually see what the themes are.

Otherwise, thanks for the heads up on my math.

Quick question though: I couldn't find anything about this elsewhere, so what's your ruling on the combination of a farslayer weapon (allows me to make an MBA on an enemy up to 5 squares away) and the Hammer Hands stance? (when you hit with an MBA, you can use a free action to push that enemy 1 square and then shift the same distance to a square adjacent to the enemy)

Last edited:

Remove ads