Anybody gonna run the 4e Steading of the Hill Giant Chief from DDI as a PBP here?

Phaezen

First Post
Updated sheet and rituals uploaded to the rogues gallery.

[MENTION=6684877]Inspiratorium[/MENTION] would you like me to run your character through the builder? I will see if there are any themes that fit your concept.

drothgery

First Post
The +3 actually does come from a background, Brother in Battle (training in endurance and +3 to those checks). And I didn't choose a theme cuz I don't have the Dark Sun campaign guide, so I can't actually see what the themes are.
There are also themes in Heroes of the Feywild, the Neverwinter Campign Setting, the Book of Vile Darkness, and several Dragon articles... all of which are behind the paywall, though.

tiornys

Explorer
The +3 actually does come from a background, Brother in Battle (training in endurance and +3 to those checks). And I didn't choose a theme cuz I don't have the Dark Sun campaign guide, so I can't actually see what the themes are.
Ah. I searched for brotherS in battle in the compendium and came up with nothing.

Otherwise, thanks for the heads up on my math.

Quick question though: I couldn't find anything about this elsewhere, so what's your ruling on the combination of a farslayer weapon (allows me to make an MBA on an enemy up to 5 squares away) and the Hammer Hands stance? (when you hit with an MBA, you can use a free action to push that enemy 1 square and then shift the same distance to a square adjacent to the enemy)
"The same distance" refers to the number of squares you push the enemy (which can vary with push enhancers). If you can't reach the enemy within that distance, you don't shift.

While we're on the subject, technically Hammer Hands does not work with most push enhancers, including Bludgeon Expertise. I will be ignoring that technicality and going with what I consider the intended rule--allowing push enhancement based on attacking or your weapon--and not the nitpicky actual rule.

t~

Walking Dad

First Post
... I couldn't find your Circle choice. I'm guessing Circle of Shelter? Also, I didn't see your choices for your Primal Attunement powers. You don't have a level 11 feat listed, but I'm guessing Superior Implement: Accurate Staff based on your equipment. And last, you have yourself at 80 HP, CB has you at 92. Not sure what happened there.

circle of Shelter
Attunements: Air Spirit, Verdant Touch, Vine Rope
Level 11 feat is Minion of Darkness (gives darkvision)
Will gladly take the 92 HP

tiornys

Explorer
Unless there are objections, I will be going with Sevaria and The Kingdom of Galvidan for the two nations that have been threatened by the giants so far.

[MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], do you care which nation each of you is from, or should I decide? Remember that according to our current backstory, Wik and Gwenn are from different countries. [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], sounds like your mother is from the same country as Gwenn--is that right?

I'll probably be moving forward with this in less than 12 hours, but I thought I'd at least give a chance for some feedback.

t~

drothgery

First Post
Here's the skills cheat sheet that I said I'd put together. Aelar's numbers may be a bit off; the sheet in the RG thread doesn't show skill bonuses, so I had to calculate them myself, and I may well have missed some bonuses. And Lucan's sheet didn't show his intimidate modifier, so same deal. If any of you can't read an Excel 2007/2010 file, let me know and I'll take a screenshot and attach that.

Attachments

• Steading of the Hill Giant Chief SkillMatrix.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 83

tiornys

Explorer
[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], I had a chance to put Miranda into the CB. You apparently missed some bonuses to your skills.
You have Bluff at 19; it should be 21 (10 +3 BoAT +2 racial +2 pyro expert +2 ench expert +2 Skald's Armor)
You have your Endurance at 13; it should be 16 (8 +5 trained +3 Belt of Nourishment)
You have your Stealth at 10; it should be 12 (7 +3 BoAT +2 racial)

Otherwise, looks good.

t~

Remove ads