Anyone else feel that?

Mad_Jack

Legend
We do? This is the first quake I have felt here in the 25+ years I have lived here.

CT has a fault line running right down the middle of the state... The Eastern Border Fault runs all the way from New Haven up to Keene, NH.
(Also, the town of Moodus is named after an Algonquin word meaning something like "place where the ground speaks")

We get tiny little quakes of less than 1.0 on a regular basis, but nobody really notices them*...

*In general, eastern US earthquakes are much deeper underground than the west coast ones, meaning that they're felt over a wider area but the effects are much less apparent.

CT has a fault line running right down the middle of the state... The Eastern Border Fault runs all the way from New Haven up to Keene, NH.
(Also, the town of Moodus is named after an Algonquin word meaning something like "place where the ground speaks")
I read somewhere decades ago that there's a fault line that runs parallel to 125th Street in Manhattan

Reynard

Legend

We get tiny little quakes of less than 1.0 on a regular basis, but nobody really notices them*...

*In general, eastern US earthquakes are much deeper underground than the west coast ones, meaning that they're felt over a wider area but the effects are much less apparent.
Like I said, it's the first one I have personally felt since moving here in 97.

Remove ads