• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen, w/ Boons! - OOC

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
You know, mageslayer actually grants the opponent the knowledge that you threaten them while casting. They know you can AoO them and such. Just thought I would warn you.

Vertexx69

First Post
It grants them the knowledge that "someone" that threatens them has the ability, not spefically who, but I was refering to when they first enter the area (having previously believed that they could move up and cast on the defensive, with touch spells and the like).

Shayuri

First Post
Man...I forgot kobolds had all those minuses to their stats...last time I made a kobold PC, it was higher level and they were easier to compensate for...

Hope you guys don't need a battlecleric. :)

Vertexx69

First Post
@ Arabesu - Did our quickly departing (previous cast) happen to mention reinforcements being sent, that would arrive soon? Or is this going to be a random meeting of new blood, because randomly meeting another lizard type fellow might proove to be a sticky situation. What with all of our previous encounters starting out so hostile with those of the scaley persuasion :)

Arabesu

Either that or a flash back and you all already know she/he is coming. I haven't decided yet. It depends upon the nature of the Shayuri's character.

Shayuri, is there a way I can private message you?

I'm not community supporter/subscriber (I was but let it lapse to save money for diapers and formula) so you would have to change your options to allow an email to be sent from me I guess. Or if you could give me an email address that would be useful. Post it for a few hours and once I've got it then you could remove it if you want. I have enabled the same option, i.e. messages from non-supporters, for a period of time, if anyone else wants to swap email addresses with me using the enworld tools.

I know some people are uncomfortable doing so, so don't worry about it if you are disinclined.

Shayuri

First Post
It's not a big deal. I have more than one email addy, and I've given it out here before.

[sblock=Eveel Email]praydohpuss@hotmail.com

Only with a lower-case L instead of an 'r'. I do that so spyders won't add to the already prodigious spam that goes to that address. :)[/sblock]

As for introduction, I see our young kobold as being a boistrous sort...I suspect he'll be hard to mistake for a lizard man...or perhaps he's a captive y'all can rescue. That would help cement bonds that otherwise would take time to form.

Arabesu

Shayuri said:
Hope you guys don't need a battlecleric. :)

Yes, they are particularly bad. At least they dropped the additional -2 to charisma that Kobolds had under 3.0. That had made it pretty painful to take the Kobold's favored class, Sorcerer.

You'll get something to compensate for crummy stats in your background, and your boon can really make up for this somewhat. Plus, all those draconic feats end up pretty sweet if you can get to 6th+ level.

Shayuri

First Post
Eh, it's alright. I knew what I was getting into when I picked.

Part of the fun of being a kobold is that everyone goes, "Aww, hey...it's a kobold. Hah hah!"

Then you can, with some class levels, wallop them. :)

And yeah...the boon. That will be the key. Some kind of dragon-themed thingy...arr...

Vertexx69

First Post
Waiting an extra day wont help much, hightower is still -4 con and another day will only give him back 4hp to his max. So technically we would be waiting for Shay to get his toon posted? ;p

moritheil

First Post
Well, if we wait, Rosa could try to sneak a peak at the entrance to the temple and maybe go around spotting sentries to get an idea of what the response to a frontal assault might be.

Hmm, I somewhat regret the fact that we can't all be invisible.

Remove ads