Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen, w/ Boons! - OOC

Arabesu

Douane, sick (as in cool) and sick (as in disgusting) item. :)

Fangor, yes 4d6 drop one.

So far we have:

Douane - Archer (race?) with creapy-lover-bow
Fangor - Human brass-dragon shaman with anime style morphing spear.
Jack - Shifter druid with ornamental gauntlet that boosts spell power.
Vertexx69 - Chain weilding goliath martial artist ex-slave.
Bloodcookie - Alienist (race?)

Five is enough to start, so once I get character sheets I can start the first "session."

This module encourages starting off each night with a fight and then using flashbacks to recount events leading up to the fight. This worked well at the table, so once sheets are up we'll start off right in the middle of combat.

Douane

First Post
That was quick. I was just about to post a "warning" that I've never played in Eberron before in case you'd rather choose someone else with more experience. (Have the Campaign Setting, though, so no problems on that side.)

Regarding race, I'm still waffling a bit. Originally I had Human (or Elf, perhaps) in mind, but having now read a bit more, a Shifter also looks fitting.

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Hey, I've become a bit busier than anticipated. So as not to hold everyone up, I'm going to respectfully withdraw. :eek:
Have fun, everyone!

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Dragon Shaman
[sblock=]
Human
Dragon Shaman 5
Neutral Good
6'0"
180 lbs

HP: 42
AC: 18 (Base 10, +2DEX, +6 Armor)
Flat Footed: 16
Touch: 12
BAB: +3

STR: 14 (+2)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 16 (+3)

Fortitude: +5 (4 base, +1 CON)
Reflex: +3 (1 base, +2 DEX)
Will: +4 (4 base, +0 WIS

Attacks:
Weapon, Attack, Damage, Crit, Range

(Spear made of a Copper Dragon's femur)
+1 Impaling/Returning Spear of Changeling

(Spear) +6 to hit, d8+4dmg, x3, 20'
(Longspear) +6 to hit, d8+4dmg, x3, 10' reach
(Shortspear) +6 to hit, d6+3dmg, x2, 20'

Initiative: +2

Feats:
Endurance
Diehard
Improved Toughness
Skill Focus Hide (Class Bonus)

Abilities: Copper Dragon Totem (Acid)
Draconic Aura +2
Draconic Adaptation - Spider Climb (Sp) at will
Breath Weapon, Line of Acid, DC15 for 1/2 2d6 Acid, 30' line
Draconic Resolve, Immune to Paralysis and Sleep effects as well as Frightful Presence of Dragons

Auras (30' Radius)
*1 Vigor Aura (gain Fast Healing 2, for all allies <1/2 max HP)
*2 Energy Shield Aura (opponents attacking with melee or natural attacks and not with reach take 4 points of Acid dmg per attack)
*3 Toughness Aura (DR2/Magic)
*4 Senses Aura (+2 Bonus to Listen, Spot and Initiative)
*5 Power (+2 bonus to damage on melee attacks)

Skills: (3/level, 12+12)
Class Skills: (Bluff, Craft, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge Nature, Search, Swim)

Bluff
Craft
Hide +10 (8 ranks, +2 Ability, +3 Feat, -3 AC Penalty)
Intimidate
Jump
Knowledge Nature 3 (1 ranks, +2 Synergy)
Search +8 (8 ranks)
Swim +3 (7 ranks, +2 Ability, -6 AC Penalty)

Listen 0
Spot 0

Languages:
Common

Items Found:

Personal:
Item Cost Weight

Backpack 2, 2

Backpack Contents: 16.5 lbs
Bedroll .1, 5
Candle x10 .1
Chalk x12 .12
(red, 2white, yellow, green,
orange, blue, 2black, pink,
2copper)
Flint and Steel 1
Sunrod x2 4, 2
Signal Whistle .8,
Belt Pouch 1, .5
Copper Dragon Signet Ring 5
Universal Solvent, 50
Everfull Mug 200
Everlasting Rations 350

Current Carrying Load

Light
Medium
Heavy

Treasure:
30 gp left

Potions:

Magic Item Slots:

Head –
Eyes -
Neck –
Arms/Wrists -
Hands - Brute Gauntlets (3charges/day, +2/+3/+4 to STR Skills, Checks or Melee dmg, 500gp)
Ring -
Ring -
Belt - Healing Belt (750gp)
Body – +1 Breastplate (1850gp) with Least Crystal of Adaptation (Endure Elements)
Vest/Shirt -
Cloak –
Feet –
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
So I decided to go with Copper Dragon, as Spider Climb at will is too good to pass up. Plus, with a least crystal on my armor, I gain Endure Elements anyways. I lose Survival, but gain Hide, nice tradeoff to me.

See if there is anything wrong, and if I should look at various items to enhance this guy. I have about 1079gp left, for potions, items, whatever. Any ideas welcome!

Arabesu

Fangor,

As a special bonus specific to copper dragon shamans you may choose to drop climb as a class skill and pick up swim...

You don't have many skill points though, so it may not matter to you.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Arabesu said:
Fangor,

As a special bonus specific to copper dragon shamans you may choose to drop climb as a class skill and pick up swim...

You don't have many skill points though, so it may not matter to you.

You're right, with the low skill points, it's not that much of a difference, but one worth mentioning. I think I will reduce Kn Nature to 3 ranks, and get 5 ranks in Swim. You never know when it will come in handy... Besides, I might just dump all ranks from Kn Nature, since we have a Druid, and spend those in Swim. THANKS!

Vertexx69

First Post
Arabesu said:
Spiked Chain is often lambasted as broken and generally I disagree, except in this particular case, where hand and a half strength combined with dex, wis, and int to damage along with 2 for 1 power attack can lead to imbalanced amounts of damage for relatively little investment.

thinking about the shaky flaw (-2 to ranged combat) and unreactive ( -6 initiative) to get those 2 extra feats. Making my choices EPW chain, power attack (-3 att for +6 dmg), cleave and combat reflexes (3 AoOs with 15-25ft reach). So no need to even worry about shadow blade.

I started this character in a tabletop game last year but only got to play him 4-5 times before RL intruded and the game ended.

On a different topic, I can't seem to access Invisible castle since I formatted my computer so could I get you to roll me up a set? Unless you want to just use your dice at home or let me.

The set I rolled up here is 16, 16, 15, 15, 12, 8 (I've only rolled an 18 once in the last 15 characters I've played TT )

and could I get a price check on augment crystals for +1d6 dmg, ghost touch and DR if you'd be so kind? (I have the spell compenium not the MIC ;p)

Last edited:

Arabesu

stuff for Hightower

Stats for Hightower

15, 15, 13, 13, 11, 11

I think it would be more balanced to limit your character to one flaw; -2 to attacks you never really plan on using is a trivial penalty for a feat, but I'll allow it.

Iron ward diamond, armor crystal: 500 gp least, DR 1/- for 10 hp/day; 2k lesser, DR3/- for 30 hp per day.

Crystal of Energy Assault, weapon crystal: 600 gp least, add 1 point of damage of crystal's type; 3k lesser, as lesser but +1d6 instead of +1.

Truedeath crystal, weapon crystal: 1k least, adds +1d6 damage versus undead; 5k lesser, as least + weapon is ghost touch.

Which of the latter two crystals were you thinking of adding to your chain?

Remove ads