• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are there any good turn-based RPGs?

D.Shaffer

First Post
Any particular style? I've always been a big fan of the various Nippon Ichi console RPG's (Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave) and other tactical RPG's like Shining Force, Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre, etc.

Talislan

First Post
Thanee said:
Fallout 1 & 2
Temple of Elemental Evil

Fallout2 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! (well at least it did last time I played it!)

Say, Thanee, my Fallout 2 doesn't work on Win XP. You know where I might look for a fix? (seem to remember it being a dos problem)

Be nice to revisit it before 3 comes out for my 360

T.

Thanee

First Post
Never tried it on XP, played it on my first PC, which is now two generations behind my current. ;)

According to google (;)) some problems seem to exist, though for most it seems to run fine on XP. Just try a search for 'Fallout 2 Windows XP', maybe some of the hints you can find that way fit to your problem.

Bye
Thanee

Talislan

First Post
Thanee said:
Never tried it on XP, ........., maybe some of the hints you can find that way fit to your problem.

Bye
Thanee

Cheers for getting back to me anyway (despite my lazy dumb-ass question! :uhoh: ) :cool:

T.

KrazyHades

First Post
As I recall "Etherlords" and its sequel were pretty fun, but they probably don't fall directly under the heading of RPG. They're more like animated games of Magic: The Gathering, where you play spells that cost mana. Since I really like Etherlords and turn based RPGs I think you may want to check this one out. I know you can get a free demo for the original Etherlords, which is fun, but not as good as the whole game. Try it out...you might like it.

Remove ads