[AU] Lost Dreams [Closing Down]

Zhure

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Zhure
For stats you have +1 too much, to increase 15 to 16 costs 2 of the five points

Oopsie. Dropped the CHA to 8. Makes no change to the skills, etc. I had initially planned on bumping his CHA at level 4 to reflect a change in personality. That might have to wait until level 12 now :)

Witches use spell failure unless they take double the casting time to cast their spells
and your astral armor that wont stack with your studded leather/leather jack
you refer to studded leather in your ac block but you have purchased a leather jack
curious why you needed the armor though?

- Most of Vand's spells aren't combat related and he will almost always be able to take the 2nd round to cast them out of combat. It's part of the character strategy. With the psionic descriptor on astral armor, it has no vsm components. :D

- Astral armor won't stack with the leather armor but a single casting (as a cantrip - since he has Spell Affinity) will raise Vand's AC by 2, and by another 2 by generating an astral shield with a 2nd casting. Duration as 1 hr/level means he can have a good AC most of the day. The leather armor is a psychological crutch Vand has since he can't keep the spell running all the time. Later on he may stop wearing armor altogether.

- Studded leather vs leather jack was a conceptual change early on that didn't make the final edit.

also your flat-footed ac is higher than your base, should be 12 i think.

Another editing error due to stat changes during character creation. Fixed.

i think have you at 28 skill points, should be 30 with your race (4class+1race)*6level=30

Math error. Fixed. Stupid cross-class skills.

gonna go with the max hp at first, +1/2 per level so i have you at 25.

I was missing the round-off on the 3.5 hit points. Fixed to 25.

Astral Armor, sure I can work with that, one point tho - I dont think that DT has to use the astral plane so Im not, but if you want astral to refer to deep space/stars that works for me and might make it an interesting look/texture when you cast it.

Initially I was looking at a variant of ectoplasmic armor, but didn't want to use the psionics handbook terminology, so opted for 'astral.' I like the stellar imagery though, maybe something like the old-style 80's Starboy look from Legion of Superheroes? Or Celestian, all black with twinkling stars? Those sound good.

DM items :)

>SNIP<

All more than acceptable. I like the imagery on the bag of clay stones. (I see you noticed Vand didn't have a ranged attack. So far he has the most hit points, so he should do ok in melee, I hope.)
Greg

SubMensa

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Submensa
the eiditic memory bonus to knowledge skills applies to all of them
Actually I forgot completely about this one, the feat bonus listed was the competence bonus from Eldritch Training. I have now added both feat bonuses where needed.
Erekose13 said:
minor point in sneak the second "dex" should be "racial" i think.
could you do me a favor and add in your attack bonuses to your weapon stat block makes it easier for me to find and so i dont have to calculate it ;)
Fixed and added.
Erekose13 said:
i have you at 417.1gp spent, 100saved. might want to round it out for me and make it like 107gp, 9sp saved for later and thus 525 used before wish list will make it easier on me. actually i am stealing 25 of that gold you have saved for your items so you only have 82.9gps saved.
Fixed.
Erekose13 said:
DM Items :)
~~Snip~~
Added verbatum.

All changes made in the RG thread, thanks for the second set of eyes. ;)

Malarky

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Malarky
you get 3 more languages, other than that looks good.

I get more? Sweet, I hadn't noticed. Will choose and edit asap

Erekose13 said:
DM Items :)
<Snip>

Heh, like the item you let me craft and the cloth sounds awesome...will have to save up to eventually get a magic weapon.

GladiusNP

First Post
Alright - Have posted Aadin Lofgred - 3rd Level Runethane. Allotted 2000 golds toward magic items. Having read the other backgrounds posted so far, was thinking that maybe Sharilin Glittermane and Aadin fell in together on the road? Up to you whether or not that works SubMensa, but since they've both come up from the south, it might make it easier to tie the group together.

SubMensa

First Post
Sure GladiusNP, travelling with entertainers on the last leg of the your journey to Ao-Manasa sounds just like the type of thing Sharilan would enjoy.

The mountains can be very dangerous, especially for a lone traveller. Plus it will give Sharilan plenty of time to have you show her some Runes. Of course she understands the concepts and even recognises some of the forms from her schooling. She just can't understand how something so static can invoke the wild energies of magic. In return she would be more than willing to discuss her magical knowlege with you.

Btw, the flavour text for your shortspear is great!

GladiusNP

First Post
SubMensa said:
Btw, the flavour text for your shortspear is great!

Thanks!

That's settled then. I'm sure Aadin enjoyed the challenge of attempting to express in words how his runic magic is simultaneously an image, a meaning, a sound and is still more than this as well. Sharilin's view of his magic as 'static' never fails to amuse him.

Corinthi

First Post
Well, I wrote up and posted Gren, by Unbound 3rd Level Totem Warrior. Looking over the gallery, I saw plenty of intellectual types and not a lot of beef, so I thought I'd try some.

I'd be happy to try to work out any sort of backstory with any of the other characters.

As far as the 1600 for magic items, I'd prefer wildernessy type items. For example, Scent Tracker would be a neat ability. But I'm not really that concerned by it. Any items are just icing on the cake, and not such a big deal for this particular character.

Hope he meets with approval.

Malarky

First Post
Corinthi said:
Well, I wrote up and posted Gren, by Unbound 3rd Level Totem Warrior. Looking over the gallery, I saw plenty of intellectual types and not a lot of beef, so I thought I'd try some.

*Grin* Not beefy enough for ya, eh? *L* I for one am really glad to get more brawn into the party! Sounds like an interesting bunch altogether, rather looking forward to the campaign. :)

Corinthi

First Post
*grins*

Well, he is 'shorter' than average for a Loresong. Now a full sized Loresong /might/ qualify as beef, but a short one? Nahh. S'okay though. You'll be plenty beefy after the Monster's have prioritized threats.

Hmm, howling man with two bladed sword, or little Faen with short bow?

30 hit points later I'm bleeding out and you're still plunkin' away. ;

GPEKO

First Post
Looking over the armors, it would appear that chain and plates costs only 600gp and is the same protection provided you have atleast 14dex, has less check penalty, weighs less. And besides you want to have dex that high so you can take advantage of the Definitive Harness way later

That's a good point, but let's not forget that heavy load also gives a maximum dex of +1. Anyway, I still went for a 14 dex character.

GladiusNP said:
He does have a rather cool opinion of mojh

This could get interesting. I posted my character in the rogue gallery ... a mojh warmain. He's also not the most likable character. We will see how it turns out. I know I said verrik ealier but I've changed my mind. At least, it's more brawls and also somemore brains ...

Ekerose13, feel free to correct me on anything. The wish list is at the end of the character sheet (nice DM items so far by the way).

Remove ads