• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Lost Dreams [Closing Down]

Erekose13

Explorer
Excellent, I will go over those three characters today and try to have your items up by tonight. A Mojh Warmain aught to be interesting. Feel free to work out some connections between characters while we wait on our last character from Narleth and hopefully we will pick up our 8th soon.

I would like to let you in on a bit of my plan to sound it out and see if you would be amicable to it. I would kinda like to run this as two groups of 4 players who sometimes meet and work together but for the most part are off on their own. I am inspired by Monte's Ptolus game for those of you who have read it and I think that the PbP format makes that possible. If any of you think that it would not be a good idea then please say so. I just want to point out that the 2 groups need not be prepared for everything (ie one group could be almost all spell casters), I will tailor the challenges to the abilities of each party.

Corinthi

First Post
Heh, challenges tailored toward the party and not the ideal mixing. A shocking concept to be certain. I'm fine with the two groups concept. I would like to be grouped with some civilized types. One of the themes I'd like to explore with Gren is becoming more familiar with society and higher thinking.

Oh, and I also think a Mojh Warmain is a neat concept. Not one I'd have thought of, but definately neat.

Malarky

First Post
A Mojh Warmain ! Huh, intriguing. As for me.. I think it'll be a bit of a challenge to run the two groups, but definitely up for playing in them... *G*

Raikes

First Post
Finn Redtip, Spryte Greenbond

I would love to take the last spot with a Spryte Greenbond.

His name will be Finn Redtip, and I'll post him by tomorrow night if I can have the slot. I DM an AU game and I've been dying to play one. This one looks clever and well managed so far, and I am really looking forward to the chance to play.

Thanks!

Erekose13

Explorer
Yay thats 8! Ill go over your character Raikes and Narleth's once they are up. Will post hopefully later tonight my notes on the other three.

Erekose13

Explorer
Okay I wanted to let you all in on something, Malarky is my wife's character. She has decided to give me a painting for my Christmas present and I asked her to do a picture of the 8 PCs. I wanted to double check that no one minds if we use their descriptions for the pic.

Zhure

First Post
Sounds ok to me. Vand lacks a description because he's -- well -- nondescript. Plain, cropped brown hair, brown eyes, thin and wiry, always scowling. Childhood diesease pockmarks on his face. He's not terribly attractive. Sort of like a failed shepherd turned thug. He'd be menacing in a dark alley only because you can't see him well.

Erekose13

Explorer
Zhure
just going back over the spells readied/spells per day and I discovered that you are short one readied 0th level spell. should be 3/3 slots and 4/3 readied spells

GladiusNP
skill points - 47 total so far... so 1 point short
hit points = 19 (cause I am giving .5hp/HD)
check spells per day and readied the bonus spells apply to both, not sure that you got that. I would just drop the Bonus Spells column from your table and apply the bonus to both of the appropriate columns.
add the prices for items (helps me)
add the bonus to Know(runes) from book.

DM Items :)
Wooden Bracer of Tem'nar This stiff oaken bracer fitss tightly to the wearer's arm. Upon command (command word - "Oak Tree" in Draconic) the bracer slowly begins to transform. The transformation takes one full round. Pieces of wood seem to fold out of it until a full shield sits attached in place of the bracer. Etched into the surface of the shield is the symbol of Tem'nar, at twined circle surrounding a strong oak tree. This shield provides a +2 shield bonus while conferring no armor check penalty, spell failure chance, or maximum dexterity. Each use drains a charge from the bracers eventually they will become brittle and break off. The shield lasts for 2 hours/charge. Normally they are made with 50 charges. Rumor tells of a companion bracer for the other arm which grows into a suit of bark armor for the wearer.
Faint Conjuration; Caster Level: 2nd; Craft Charged Item, plant armor. Price: 1700gp

Gloom Woad This pigment comes in a small ceramic jar. When applied to a creature's face it's eyes become shaded as if shadows moved across their surface. For the next 3 hours the creature can see 60 feet in the dark as darkvision.
Faint Transmutation; Caster Level: 3rd; Craft Single Use Item, darkvision. Price: 300gp

Corinthi
hit points = 27 (cause I am giving .5hp/HD)

Lupine Mask of Umetoth This stylised porcelain mask is adorned with small patches of fur and when activated it melds with the user's face giving them a very lupine cast. When this mask is placed upon the face and the command word ("Wolf" in Auran) is spoken it grants the wearer a heightened sense of smell. The effects last for 10 minutes as scent tracker. Each time it is used the mask is drained of 1 charge. When created these masks have 50 charges and can be used by any one.
Faint Transmutation; Caster Level: 1st; Craft Charged Item, scent tracker. Price: 850gp

Fugitive's Root 50gp
Whistle of Respite 300gp
Shard of Kjhom 400gp

GPEKO
character looks all good.

Dusk Cloak 2/day 800gp
Arrow of Hindrance 250gp

gah thats it for tonight I am beat, I will fill in the rest of those items tomorrow morning.

GladiusNP

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Zhure
just going back over the spells readied/spells per day and I discovered that you are short one readied 0th level spell. should be 3/3 slots and 4/3 readied spells

GladiusNP
skill points - 47 total so far... so 1 point short
hit points = 19 (cause I am giving .5hp/HD)
check spells per day and readied the bonus spells apply to both, not sure that you got that. I would just drop the Bonus Spells column from your table and apply the bonus to both of the appropriate columns.
add the prices for items (helps me)
add the bonus to Know(runes) from book.

Done and done - all set I believe. Added items as well. Sorry about the bonus spells - I did know it added to both, but for some reason only added it to spells readied. Anyway, all fixed now. No objections to the use of the description for the painting - I hope it turns out well. Also cut and pasted the magical items - have you written these all yourself, or are some from the Diamond Throne campaign setting? Just curious, as I haven't bought it yet.

Erekose13

Explorer
Here are the details on the rest of those DM Items. To answer your question Gladius I make almost all the items. The amulet of spell knowledge is from DT. but really the items are so easy to make with the new creation rules and its just so much fun that I love doing it.

Corinthi
Fugitive's Root When this bitter peice of root is chewed it grants the user respite from any predator tracking it by scent. This effect lasts for 10 minutes as a heightened scent bane.
Faint Abjuration; Caster Level: 1st; Craft Single Use Item, scent bane. Price: 50gp

Whistle of Respite When this small silver-blue wistle is blown it grants the user a diministed form of protection from elements (air). This protection lasts 3 minutes and absorbs a maximum of 18 hit points of air damage.
Faint Abjuration; Caster Level: 3rd; Craft Single Use Item, protection from elements. Price: 300gp

Shard of Kjhom This is a small shard of pale blue-white crystal that constantly feels cool to the touch. When thrown at a target it acts as an ice bolt though it has a range increment of 10 and deviates as a grenade. If it inflicts damage, the target's movements become impeded. The target must make an additional Fort save or be slowed for 1 round per 5 points of damage as if under the effects of the Cold Spell Template.
Faint Evocation; Caster Level: 3rd; Craft Single Use Item, Energy Mage (Cold) ice bolt. Price: 400gp

GPEKO
Dusk Cloak This dark blue cloak seems to shift and shimmer dully in the gloom. 2/day the user can wrap the cloak around them selves and will it to extend its darkness, blanketing them against prying eyes. It functions as a diminished cloak of darkness for 3 minutes.
Faint Evocation; Caster Level: 1st; Craft Constant Item, cloak of darkness. Price: 800gp

1 Arrow of Hindrance The heads of these heavy black +2 arrows appear to be covered in a molassy substance which wont come off. When they strike, the target is surrounded by a brief nimbus of blurred, swirling shapes before being reduced in speed by 30 feet. The range penalty is doubled for each range increment as the arrows do not fly as well as normal. The effect lasts for 3 minutes if the target fails their saving throw as drain away speed (lesser).
Faint Transmutation; Caster Level: 3rd; Craft Arms and Armor, drain away speed (lesser). Price: 250gp

Remove ads