B-movie :Roll call : who goes where?

Bront

The man with the probe
So no sticking to one? (btw, we can move this to another forum instead of here if we're bugging people)

Strange on the unarmed thing, but I guess basic isn't about combat as much as breaking your and remolding you into a soldier of some kind.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
So no sticking to one? (btw, we can move this to another forum instead of here if we're bugging people)

Oh no, you could surely go Though 2, Fast 2, or strong 2 I was simply giving you which there are more off first. (If you want too but I see it as character devlopment and your GM is going to want to read it anyhow. ;) Or so I would imagine.)

Bront said:
Strange on the unarmed thing, but I guess basic isn't about combat as much as breaking your and remolding you into a soldier of some kind.

Very true, but remember sailors do not engage in hand to hand combat anymore... In fact we hardly never see our enemies. Everything is cruise missiles and aircrafts.

While soldiers and marines get trained in hand to hand combat a sailor gets trained in are own dangers like fire fighting. :)

Note: I said sailor not a solider. ;)

Seeten

First Post
I will do the Cheerleader. I'll do it. I have too many games, but this seems like just too much fun. I'm in. I dont have D20 Modern, I'll see if I can borrow it.

She'll be athletic, but ditzy, of course, but athletic in a totally non combat way, and ditzy in a stunned, but not stupid way. At least to start. Certainly I'll be someones girlfriend that is going to the cabin. Who goes to a cabin way out there with 3 girls and 3 guys and not couples, really. Not the girlfriend of the punk rocker, though, definitely doesnt work with the cheerleader. Daddy wouldnt approve.

Hopefully someone wants to do the football QB, or whatnot, although the marine? (soldier guy) would do in a pinch.

I am all for doing the backgrounds in the way Branding is doing his Reconquista games background/backstory. Post what you'd like from your perspective, then have others post their additions/etc and end up with a coherent group dynamic. Since we'd all know each other or not be together, it makes sense that way.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Seeten, here's the D20 Modern SRD

Brother, thanks for the help. Don't SEALs eventualy get some hand to hand training, be more soldier than sailor? Obviously not to start, but eventualy? (This is more for personal reference/character direction than anything else).

I could see the character as an ex-jock of some kind. Possibly a wrestler, swimmer, gymnist, and/or football player.

Bront

The man with the probe
Seeten said:
Thanks Bront, that will help immensely.
Welcome.

Not sure how familiar you are with Modern, but start off with a base class, and an occupation. Also, several feats are different in Modern. I've read it but never played it, so this will be fun to me.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
Brother, thanks for the help. Don't SEALs eventualy get some hand to hand training, be more soldier than sailor? Obviously not to start, but eventualy? (This is more for personal reference/character direction than anything else).

I've never asked the few that I've met but I would imagine that would consider themselves as a sailor. (Besides the obvious I'm a seal.) It’s really only the army that refers to themselves as soldiers. A marine is a marine, and an Air Force I think is an Airman but I don't know for sure.

Bront said:
I could see the character as an ex-jock of some kind. Possibly a wrestler, swimmer, gymnist, and/or football player.

Being an experienced swimmer would be invaluable, as would any sport that promoted endurance.

Seeten

First Post
Obviously fast hero with evasion is best for Cheerleaders base class...what kind of occupation does a student have? Is Student a choice? heh

Ahh Dilettante. Fast Hero/Dilettante. Shaping up quite nicely.

[sblock]
Name: Brittany Johnson
Class: Fast hero
Race: Human
Size: Medium

Str: 12(4) +1 Level: 1 XP:
Dex: 16(10) +3 BAB: +0 HP: 10
Con: 14(6) +2 Grapple: +1 Reputation: 1
Int: 10(2) +0 Speed: 30 AP 5
Wis: 8(0) -1 Init: +3
Cha: 16(10) +3 ACP: 0

Base Equipment Dex Size Class Total
Armor: 10 +0 +3 +0 +3 16
Touch: 16 Flatfooted: 13

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 0 2 0 2
Ref: 1 3 0 4
Will: 0 -1 0 -1

Weapon Attack Damage Critical

Talents: Defensive Tree, Evasion
Feats: Acrobatic, improved Initiative, Simple Weapon Proficiency

Skill Points: 20 Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills Ranks Mod Total
Balance 4 +3 +7
Jump 4 +1 +2 +7
Drive 1 +3 +4
Intimidate 1 +3 +4
Knowledge(pop cult) 1 +0 +1
Speak Language(Spanish)
Tumble 4 +3 +2 +9

Equipment: Cost Weight
Sleeping Bag/Pillow
Lots of Extra clothes(fashionable)
Hiking boots
Miscellaneous make-up, blow dryer, knick knacks, etc
Several Mirrors

Total Weight: ? Wealth: 2d4 + 6

Lgt Med Hvy Lift Push
Max Weight: 43 86 130

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde? (Is that dye, or real? hmmm)
Skin: Tanned deep golden, probably via salon
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Seeten said:
Obviously fast hero with evasion is best for Cheerleaders base class...what kind of occupation does a student have? Is Student a choice? heh

Ahh Dilettante. Fast Hero/Dilettante. Shaping up quite nicely.

Charismatic Hero could work too if she's the "Popular" gal.

*must resist commenting on the cheerleader being a "fast" hero*

Brother- If you don't mind, feel free to send me an e-mail on your take on the stats/skills aproach you'd take. I'll use that as a reference (Obviously I'll tweek it a little more to my taste). I would find it educational (And we'd stop using board space). I have my e-mail available in my profile.

Seeten

First Post
Charismatic would work for the Prom Queen. The Cheerleader(who is beautiful, of course, you dont get into the B Movie if yer ugly) is the "fast" hero, and note, that isnt "loose" =P

Remove ads