Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Launches Today!

Sonny

Adventurer
Should be a play button or something. Since it isn't unlocking for anyone like it should, I'm not sure.

No answer on their forums yet. Though some people over there are already getting irritated.

Shayuri

First Post
Just curious - has any of the D&D mechanics in this version changed? Any changes to task resolution, skills, abilities, spells, statistics etc?
What I found myself is this:
- the level cap for the game will be raised
- all improvements from Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and its expansion packs are being imported into the game,[9] this includes classes, subraces and class kits previously unavailable (including dual-wielding). (don't know what those are)
- previously unavailable classes such as the Blackguard will be available to the game via new adventures

The mechanics are largely 2nd Edition, with some modifications to accomodate the computer (mostly in terms of how certain abilities and spells work). Baldur's Gate 2 added a few late additions to the 2nd Ed ruleset like class kits and subraces, and an adaptation of the Sorceror class. Those additions have been incorporated into the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate 1 now.

I don't remember the full list, but things like the Kensai, a variant fighter who doesn't use armor but has expanded proficiency bonuses with a narrow spectrum of weapons, and subraces like tieflings, aasimar, wood elves and sun/moon elves and so on.

The sorceror class is based on the 3rd Edition sorceror. It has similar statistics as a wizard, but uses a spontaneous spellcasting mechanism.

fba827

Adventurer
hmmm.. i wonder if anyone buying the game now would get the L
arry Darryl and Darry
l brother's reference/easter egg? :)

Oryan77

Adventurer
Tieflings are in this version? I didn't know that.

Now when I use my Photoshopped Tiefling portrait that I made back in the day, my PC really will be a Tiefling rather than a Half-Elf that I just called a Tiefling. :lol:

Attachments

• Cyriss (Tiefling).jpg
    Cyriss (Tiefling).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 118

Remove ads