• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Launches Today!

wicked.fable

First Post
This looks interesting. Wish this was on Steam or GoG, though - those are the main places I get my games. Are there any plans for this to happen? I don't really like getting my games in too many different places - bought Grand Theft Auto IV on the cheap from some site a long time ago, installed, then uninstalled, then tried to look for the install again and it took a few days before I found the proper invoice in my email, haha.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I purchased the iPad version, played half the tutorial, and was so frustrated I dumped it and will NOT try it again. I could NOT move around easily, the trap-finding skill was outrageously hard to use, and I found the controls extremely unintuitive. I'm debating whether I'll buy the mac version; I'm not sure I want to spend even MORE money on it and come to regret it.

I LOVED the original game, by the way, and played it through at least twice.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I purchased the iPad version, played half the tutorial, and was so frustrated I dumped it and will NOT try it again. I could NOT move around easily, the trap-finding skill was outrageously hard to use, and I found the controls extremely unintuitive. I'm debating whether I'll buy the mac version; I'm not sure I want to spend even MORE money on it and come to regret it.

I LOVED the original game, by the way, and played it through at least twice.

I think there are problems with the iPad version. I'm having a very hard time selecting enemies to fight. The selection interface with my fingers (not fat sausage ones either, thank you) doesn't seem to be fine enough.
But I'm having a hard time squaring your experience playing it before and the controls being non-intuitive. They seem pretty direct translations into the iPad interface to me. What's so different about them that you're having so much trouble that you apparently didn't have in the original?

Gilladian

Adventurer
Not sure.I don't remember the original well enough to really say, truthfully. It may just be that I was so frustrated that I didn't give it a fair shake. I'm sure I will pick up the Mac version, and I'll come back and give my reaction to it.

glenrm

First Post
It is moving up the iPad role-playing charts, so maybe they have the problems worked out, I still haven't taken the plunge yet.

Fast Learner

First Post
I've partially-completed the tutorial 3 times now on the iPad, and each time you have to start it from scratch if you don't complete it. Maybe I just don't have the time for "real" videogames any longer.

Dioltach

Legend
I've just finished playing BGEE on my iPad, and I must say I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time round.

So, does anybody know when BGII will be released for iPad? (Wishful thinking ...)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Just bought my iPad.....trying to decide on this. So many bugs and issues with pointing and selecting, I have not decided yet.

Remove ads