Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Launches Today!

Sonny

Adventurer
So far it's nice. I can't help but wondering when the new content comes into play during the game. All three of the new companions sound pretty cool.

Dire Bare

Legend
Does anyone know if the original "bonus" content is included. Heck, I don't even remember what the bonus content was, but you got it if you either preordered or perhaps bought a collector's edition, don't remember . . .

Starbuck_II

First Post
The new adventure called the Black Pit is there as well.
You take 6 characters (pregens or you make them) through 13 levels of a arena style combat.

You get money/exp after each battle to buy gear: note the Iron shortage from BG 1 is still active (as you haven't finished them Nesknell, however spelled, Mine so you weapons can break).

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Downloaded it only to find that Intel integrated graphics chips are NOT supported.

(It states this quite clearly and loudly on the website, but in my haste an excitement I didn't read any of that.)

Anyone know why they would not support Intel graphics chips, or if they intend to change this at some time int he future. I was dying to play this, but can't afford a new laptop, or an upgrade!

Ramaster

Adventurer
Actually, there are no sub-races implemented in the game (nor where they available on BG2).

You get all the class kits that were on BG2; the 3 new NPC, the wild mage, the blackguard and the monk; the additional adventure (The Black Pits), tons of bug fixes (they claim 400+, although the game still has some bugs).

They also have some additional encounters, treasure, quests, etc.

You have a very cool zoom function, multi-platform multiplayer, near 0 seconds loading and saving times and probably some more things I might be missing.

All in all, a pretty good deal if you didn't own the original game. IF you had the original, then the 20$ price tag might not be worth it.

jsaving

Adventurer
BGEE contains all content from the original Baldur's Gate plus its expansion Tales of the Sword Coast (with the exception of a few cut-scenes they deemed to be of marginal value) along with some new content written by the BGEE team. It's in a modified version of the Thone of Bhaal engine, so all of the improvements made by BioWare over the lifetime of the BG series -- from class kits to a button that highlights items on the ground -- are there.

On the other hand, BGEE contains no new voice content from any original BG characters, like Minsc or Imoen. My understanding is that legal issues prevented this (and will also prevent it in the forthcoming BG2EE), but the BGEE team has said they'll definitely consider bringing back the old voice actors if they were to eventually produce a BG3.

Whether that happens, only time (and money) will tell. They've said they would like to make BG3 and are releasing BGEE/BG2EE in part to rebut the widespread perception that anything more complicated than Diablo 3 won't sell in today's short-attention-span marketplace. A lot of people hope they're right, but we'll just have to see if that turns out to be true.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Given what I am reading online, I will be waiting a long time before spending money on this. Sounds like my Gog version with mods is better by far. Too bad, was considering an iPad, and this was one reason.

Remove ads