D&D 5E Barbarian preview!

Mercurius

Legend
Apparently not here! :(

Most of my D&D group knows who he is. I've known who he was since I was about 11.

Considering that he's awesome, it's a disappointment. To be fair, he's more of a Barbarian/Rogue or Barbarian/Fighter/Rogue than a Barbarian alone, though.

Well exactly.

And yes, I know who Fafhrd is. He's just more of the Girly Man Barbarian sub-class.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Well exactly.

And yes, I know who Fafhrd is. He's just more of the Girly Man Barbarian sub-class.

Judging by this comment, you might know who he is, but obviously never actually read any of the stories. Fafhrd was just as much of a womanizing terror on the battlefield thief as Conan was.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Looks good to me! Art is nice too! I see a nice synergy for Barbarian MC Champion Fighter to make even more Brutal Critical...

Nebulous

Legend
I think it's kinda clever that it seems like WotC gave each different blog site a different class to preview. More traffic for everybody!

He looks like a barbarian, he just doesn't look savage or raging. Fine distinction.

I like the pic. It's not the "Conan"-esque barbarian but it certainly suffices. He's a well dressed savage :)

Mercurius

Legend
Judging by this comment, you might know who he is, but obviously never actually read any of the stories. Fafhrd was just as much of a womanizing terror on the battlefield thief as Conan was.

I know, I'm just kidding around. Are you actually offended by this horse-play?

Reynard

Legend
Once again, does no one know who Fafhrd is?

85392_sm-Copyright%20Tsr,%20Deities%20And%20Demigods,%20Dungeons%20And%20Dragons,%20Retro%20Review.jpg

The problem here is the definition of the word "barbarian" in D&D as it relates to the accompanying art, which had always been essentially Conan or even more savage and animalistic figures. Whether Vikings would even qualify as barbarians in D&D is an open question, given they were a highly advanced culture -- warlike, yes, but not wild or backward.

In the end, I blame the Greeks.

Remove ads