BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.0--12/15/06--Arc 10(Mid-Season Cliffhanger)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
[imagel]http://galacticastation.com/Gallery/Episode/se3/300/310.gif[/imagel]

"The Eye of Jupiter"

# Original airdate: Dec 15th 06
# Production Number: 310
# Executive Producers: R.D. Moore, David Eick
# Co-Executive Producer: Paul Leonard
# Producer: Harvey Frand
# Associate Producer: Trisha Brunner
# Written by: Mark Verheiden
# Directed by: Michael Rymer

Starring: Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park.

Co-Starring: Michael Hogan, Alessandro Juliani, Tahmoh Penikett, Kandyse McClure, Aaron Douglas, Nicki Clyne, Dean Stockwell, Michael Trucco, lucy lawless, Callum Keith Rennie, Matthew Bennet.
While harvesting algae on the planet beyond the star cluster, the possible discovery of an ancient artifact known as "the Eye of Jupiter" leads to a deadly stand-off with the Cylons, who believe that the Eye is a marker left by the 13th tribe to point the way to Earth.​

Sir Brennen

Legend
So... when does the season pick up again? I thought the delay until Oct. this year was so they could have a more "continuous" season, without the interruption of several months in the middle...

I'm wondering how this one will turn out... Even if it's a month wait, it's going to be brutal.

And this episode was filmed in Kamloops for the planet, rather than Van.

Gunslinger

First Post
Good episode, this next month is going to seem like an eternity. Adama has solid titanium balls, I really thought he was bluffing at first. And I thought it was pretty funny that the cylons offered Baltar as part of their agreement. :D

Chimera

First Post
I missed the episode because I had to work second shift today.

Can someone please provide a summary? Much appreciated.

Wycen

Explorer
I was going to voice my displeasure with Apollo and Starbuck screwing around, but screw it. Hopefully Adama nukes the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Great episode. The mid-season cliff-hangers are always good.

I like the one-offs too, don't get me wrong - but ...

I really DO prefer the steak of the mythos episodes.

Ok - Predictions:

1 - Cylons break off landing raiders except for one; Adama lets that one go figuring they should be able to hold it off (and readies to send help himself)

2- Dann'a and Baltar get into the Temple and get some revelation; some other info is gained by Galactica but not toally appreciated. Danna' is killed (info back to baseship) but Baltar is not killed.

3- End of the day - Galactica turns over a Busted Eye of
Jupiter as star is about to go Nova, but the kicker is....

Galactica has Baltar and they are not giving him back.

Be prepared for a three of four episode long arc involving Baltar's trial for high treason.

Last edited:

A thought, where did they get the extra nukes?

They originally got 5 nuclear warheads from Ragnar Anchorage in the mini-series. They used one to destroy the base ship above Kobol, and the one Baltar was given for his detector was used to destroy Cloud Nine above New Caprica, and I keep wanting to think a third was used sometime (I might be wrong about that). So they have three, maybe two weapons from Ragnar.

Adama orders weapons "four through ten" armed, and we see 7 nuclear missles rise on their launchers. Did Lee also have the nukes from Pegasus offloaded when he was preparing to scuttle the ship? Did they manage to build extra nuclear weapons with the fabrication facilities on Pegasus like they did vipers, and just not mention it?

Remove ads