BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.0--12/15/06--Arc 10(Mid-Season Cliffhanger)

Sir Brennen

Legend
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I also think it is interesting that Tigh reacted so strong towards Boomer (for shooting Boomer), but mostly ignored Brother Cavil (despite the loss of his eye), and exemplifies where Tighs loyalties and priorities lie.
For shooting Adama, you mean ;). I think the difference is this is THE Boomer who shot the admiral, the same consciousness, the same infilitrator that lived on Galatica for so long. The Brother Cavil who came aboard may or may not be the same that ordered Tigh's torture, or could be just another copy. Tigh has no way to know for sure, but Athena positively confirmed Boomer's identity.

Wormwood said:
I'm really, really liking the exploration of Baltar as a Christ figure.
A christ figure, or John the Baptist? Prophet and herald of the god-incarnate, Hera?

On the religious front, why hasn't Baltar at least commented on the Temple of Five and the correspondence to the five unknown cylon models? It just screams Plot Point from a viewer's perspective. Although, it hasn't been really explained why it's called the Temple of Five. Five what? Gods? Priests? Senses?

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Joker said:
-Cylons send 5 heavy raiders to the surface at which point Adama opens the nuke tubes and loads the nukes, sending the Cylons into a discussion about whether or not they should bring the raiders back.

I thought is was 6 heavy raiders. The one on the planet was launched when the Baseships jumped in and got past the Galatica in the confusion going on, at least that's how I heard them explain it. So this would be 7 heavy raiders' worth of Centurions with D'Anna and Baltar on the planet.

I do think Baltar is the chosen one but I'd like it to be Tyrol since he is the one who found the Temple.

Also Starbuck's fate was given in the previews for the next episode for Sunday Jan 21, 2007. I thought that was pretty bad choice of previews for them to give that away, that was one of the cliffhangers; but not any more. But if you didn't see the previews well I'm not saying what happened to her but they did give it away. :(

Fast Learner

First Post
I think Tyrol is the chosen one. He felt the pull, he has a special relationship with it due to his parents and his atheism, he's our man. I think he'll need to say "what if I believed in the Gods," open up to the idea, and will be inspired as to how to open the roof. Something along those lines.

mrtauntaun

First Post
I originally though four nukes, four baseships, do the math; he's gonna nuke the cylons while they are contemplating his bluff. But that would kill Hera, and I don't think that's going to happen.

I enjoyed the episode, even though I knew it was going to be a cliffhanger, it still caught me by surprise at the end and left me wanting for more :)

Kesh

First Post
A good summary of the episode is already up here.

A very good setup for a cliffhanger! I never felt Adama was bluffing. He knows the stakes, and I figured he'd rather destroy the artifact than let the Cylons have it. A nuke from orbit is "the only way to be sure." ;)

I'm hoping Galactica doesn't get Baltar back. I like him better on the Cylon ship, coordinating with them.

I'm thinking that if the temple of the five was built by the five priests of the One who can't be named (Hastur maybe, Cronus maybe or the God of the Cylons). Then maybe as a counterpoint is that the sins of the remaining five Cylons, was that they worship the twelve Lords of Kobol.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Steel_Wind said:
Great episode. The mid-season cliff-hangers are always good.

I like the one-offs too, don't get me wrong - but ...

I really DO prefer the steak of the mythos episodes.

Ok - Predictions:

1 - Cylons break off landing raiders except for one; Adama lets that one go figuring they should be able to hold it off (and readies to send help himself)

2- Dann'a and Baltar get into the Temple and get some revelation; some other info is gained by Galactica but not toally appreciated. Danna' is killed (info back to baseship) but Baltar is not killed.

3- End of the day - Galactica turns over a Busted Eye of
Jupiter as star is about to go Nova, but the kicker is....

Galactica has Baltar and they are not giving him back.

Be prepared for a three of four episode long arc involving Baltar's trial for high treason.

OK - I was pretty close. :D

Just sayin. :cool:

Remove ads