BBs Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings (Closed)

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
"Excellent! Excellent! ive been itching to play this game for a long time! Then let us venture over there!" Orgyl says with utter glee. He begins to run over to the hide and seek booth, his arms waving in the air, making him look more like a mad fool then the man he is. When he gets to the booth, Orgyl begins to bounce on the front of his feet as he talks to the guy running the hide and seek booth. "Sir! Sir! me and my companion here.......well when she gets here she will want to.........we would like to enter the next round of hide and seek! How much is it and when does it start!"

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Up inside a tree near the hide and seek booth, Wayeen watched and waited. He had no intention of playing out in the open. True hunters did not let themselves be seen by their prey. He had registered for the game discretely and slipped off to watch the others who were entering. His nose twitched as he caught the scent of an animal nearby. His eyes caught the wolf-like beast loosly following a crazed man-child to the booth. He smiled to himself. "This might get interesting..."

BBs

First Post
"Sure, it's one gold for adults, free for kids. Some events are for free, but nay nay on this one. The ones that pay are for supporting the funds for the rebuilding of the church." upon noticing the wolf-girl, that man seems utmost not scared, and not surprised. "What? Stranger things have come by in this event. like a shark blue little kid, looked freaky with the sharp teeth, but very kind.

OOC: Sorry for not reacting to Dharuhk Svahre, you get in for free for looking like a kid ... and me not reacting. ;D

Jemal

Adventurer
Behemoth exits the tent scowling at what the woman had said. He had known true Seers before, and she seemed to be the real thing, but her words were troubling.
Fire, Glass, Catacombs, a strange star? None of his people, but strange new acquaintances? He looked around.. if he were to meet strange new people, he could think of no better place than this menagerie. But what of his people?

Looking around, he noticed the wolf he had so unfairly judged earlier, she seemed to be getting along well. As he turned, he caught a glimpse of something in the tree above her, and turned back for a second, noticing the small creature perched up there. It didn't seem hostile, more like a cat absently stalking its prey.
Behemoth kept it in the corner of his eye as he continued browsing.

Over to the side, he noticed a strange makeshift booth with a rat-like creature and a weapon he'd never seen before. Approaching the 'shooting gallery', he smiled warmly down at the rat-man as he finished his tunneling and tumbling routine "Hello, I am Behemoth of the Eastern Gargoyles. Would you care to tell me of this odd device?"
He gestures his hand at the gun.

OOC:
Perception to notice Wayeen. Since he didn't post a stealth check, I assumed he takes 10 for a 21, so Behemoth barely notices him. Just for fluff anyways.

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Wayeen becomes restless waiting for the games to begin. While patience is always a big part of hunting, his race was way more involved with the chase. He starts swinging from branch to branch in an attempt to keep himself entertained as he prayed for the event to start.

[sblock=OOC] Honestly considering how much time I had to hide in that tree, I don't need to take 10, I can just take 20. But I am gonna roll the stealth check just for the hell of it. [/sblock]

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Edge and Ameiko Kaijitsu left her inn for the festival, closing it down for the time being until the evening when they'll open up for bound to be huge business for all the travelers. The man with no name joined by his friend from not of this land make their way to the square before the newly built church.

OOC: This would happen while everyone else would be heading to the same destination. It wouldn't make sense other wise with the way the story goes.

D'Raven

First Post
Kat looks up startled but recovers with only a barely noticable cringe. His posture is that of one paying respect to one who holds his life captive.

"This good sir? Why this is only one of the*cough* greatest *cough* inventions in the history of our world sir. This is called a Musket sir. It is a type of firearm, a new breed of ranged weapons. This here is my shooting gallery. Hit the target win a prize. Ten Gold to be exact, but I must warn the good sir. Due to the rarity of such items the ammunition Is rather expensive. Which brings up the price of the try. It be 3 gold a shot if you want a go at the prize or should you wish to shoot for fun sir it simply be 16 silver. Which covers my powder and a small donation to the church. The prize cost also covers a small donation good sir."

As kat does this he motions around his little stall. The small target at the end of the stetch, the musket it self and his small pile of powder and bullets.

[sblock=shooting range] As any true carnie, shut up Dharuhk Svahre, i do have it stacked in my favour. the weapon is MWK which gives +1 but any one who is not profficent with it takes -4. A -2 is applied for every size catagory from small the shooter is and the target is 45 feet away which puts it into the second range increment. which leads to a total of -7 for average human. Add their base attack and dex bonus. Large creatures would take another -2. should any one claim it is rigged or that the gun doesn't shoot straight I can take a shot. Using my deed steady aim I increase the range to 50 and shoot with my full +8. Not rigged at all. also I only take the first 20 custumers begging lack of rounds which will leave me 10 rounds. Unless There is a massive amount then i send a runner off for mats and craft aas many rounds as you let me. which is up to 90 for a full day. I am not expecting any crafting.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"I fear my hands were not built for being gentle, I would not wish to wreck such a device with my clumsy hands." He smiled and flexed his large clawed hands. "Though I would very much like to see it in action.. I will give you a gold to see you demonstrate."
Behemoth holds out a gold coin to the ratish fellow.

D'Raven

First Post
The little guy hesitates for a second before smiling Nervesly and haltingly takes the coin. "Sure I could do that... Good for business. Shows the gallery is open..." Kat loads the musket making every motion over dramatic and deliberate. As he takes carefully aim he starts muttering under his breath. " Don't misfire. Don't misfire...."

[sblock=shot] Kat take careful aim with dead steady aim and shoots... Misfires are 1-2.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
"All right, that looks like all of them, lets get things started." The host of hide and seek starts counting down. "All right! Ready or not, here I come!" the host yells to the top of his lungs so that it echoes across the area, everyone in the game can hear it.

Remove ads