Best TV Show?

Which TV show(s) do you like?

• 24 - Awesome non-episodic show, best on TV I think.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Alias - So, today Sydney's mission is to dye her hair and infiltrate a party...

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Angel - wasn't he supposed to be in love with Buffy?

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Buffy - Damn you Marti Noxen!

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Dark Angel - One geeky show with "angel" in the name just isn't enough

• Enterprise - because Bablyon 5 reruns aren't on at the same time

• Smallville - I don't watch it, don't know anything funny...

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Andromeda - Hercules in space?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Farscape - Muppets in space?

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • TV is a terrible waste of time.

Votes: 11 20.0%

Zerovoid

First Post
Sorry, I accidentally posted the wrong kind of poll. Please vote in the other thread.

What do you think is the best TV show currently on? Obviously I can't list them all, so I'll try to stick with shows that I watch, or that have to do with DnD.

Last edited:

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I wanted to vote for Farscape AND 24.. but since it wasn't possible I'll go with the one currently showing new episodes.

Thaumaturge.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
My favorite show isn't fantansty or sci fi basedat all. CSI rocks!!! On your poll you missed Stargate SG1 but you said you couldn't name them all :)

Everything else on TV is pretty lame.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I really do think Buffy is one of the best shows out there but have to be loyal and promote Farscape.

Farscape is not just muppets, it is good story, wit, plot and characters. It is not the same re-hashed dumbed down brand named story lines. :)

Dieter

First Post
Argh...24? Kiefer Sutherland was great in Young Guns, be he can't carry a show. I turned the 1st episode of "24" off after the first 20 minutes. Anyway, that just my 2cp.

ENTERPRISE!

I was just remarking that Enterprise is one of the few shows I watch religiously...that and Junkyard Wars, gotta love a bunch of people jury-rigging stuff into larger stuff.

Turlogh

Explorer
Dark Angel

I like Angel, Buffy, Enterprise, Farscape and Dark Angel; but could only vote for one. These shows I try to watch weekly (unless its another friggin' repeat!). I also like Special Unit 2.

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
For the people who vote "TV is a terrible waste of time": Yeah, countless channels filled with stories, news, and education certainly are a terrible waste of time, especially when you could be sitting in a coffee shop somewhere trying to spark another Kafka discussion with goateed collegiates.

Wolfspider

Explorer
I'm not too fond of the way you presented the shows in your poll, making fun of the ones you didn't support and praising the one (24) that you did.

Anyway, Buffy is my favorite show. It's rough around the edges sometimes, but always powerful and touching and very well written.

I used to like Dark Angel, but it has gone all X-men on me this season, and I'm getting tired of Max's frustrated love life--it was old last season, now it's just reeking.

Smallville is very promising. If they can pull away from the "monster of the week" syndrome (something Buffy can pull off successful because of its supernatural theme but seems out of place in a small town like Smallville), then I think the show will do quite well. This week's episode was very good.

Zerovoid

First Post
Darn it, I meant to have the kind of poll where you can vote for more than one option, but I forgot to select the check box for that. :(

Perhaps I'll try again with the right kind of poll, and less biased options.

Bonedagger

First Post
Didn't want to settle with one:)

Buffy & Angel for humor and 24 for.. well so far it seems good (Only made it to the 3rd episode here in Denmark).

Remove ads