Boba Fett to be a character in Star Wars TV series?

Dark Jezter

First Post
Sorry Henry, time for another SW thread.

Here's a bit of news likely to excite the Fett fanboys out there... ;)

theforce.net said:
Lucas Hints at TV Series Character

USA Today includes a Lucas hint that Daniel Logan's Boba Fett may be in the TV series:

Ford was approached by Daniel Logan, 18, who played young Boba Fett in Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Lucas said Logan's character may be included in his live-action Star Wars TV series, which is in the works.

For more hit the link above. Was Logan good enough to pull of a series by himself? Would this be a supporting character role? Fans love Boba Fett, so either was this shouldn't be a surprise for many. Look for more soon!

Source: http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/Lucas_Hints_at_TV_Series_Character_93226.asp

This could be very cool if done right. Even though Boba Fett has never been one of my favorite SW characters (I think he's a neat enough secondary character, just not one of my favorites), I think it would be cool to see a little more of his backstory played out on screen.

*blink*

"Ford was approached by Daniel Logan, 18..."

18? That means he was 15 when he filmed Attack of the Clones!! :eek:

Jeez. I'd have pegged him at closer to 10...

Oh, and for the record, I don't want to see "The Young Boba Fett Chronicles," or even have a young Boba Fett in the series. I think some characters shouldn't be humanized; they're better as faceless mysteries. Frankly, I think we already know too much about him, and we should never have seen him as a kid. :\

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Its Star Wars so I'll take anything I can get. I prefer not to have Boba as a main character but maybe a guest from time to time.

I would like to see the show focus on Bail Organa and the rebelion.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Mouseferatu said:
*blink*

"Ford was approached by Daniel Logan, 18..."

18? That means he was 15 when he filmed Attack of the Clones!! :eek:

Jeez. I'd have pegged him at closer to 10...
Well, he was 15 when it was released. Probably 13-14 during filming. But yeah, he was playing a 10 year old, and was a pretty small guy at the time (don't know how tall he is now). I agree with Dirigible on the hobbit assessment.

Demiurge out.

That's still no where near comfirmation. And even if he IS in it, its doubtful the series will follow Boba Fett's story.

Star Wars just doesn't fit the following of the bad guys...I don't even expect to see much of Vader beyond a cameo here and there. Its been said many times that the focus on the show will be secondary characters from the prequels, and while Fett does fit this, he doesn't fit the Jedi comments that have come up again and again as characters in the series.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I guess all we can do at the moment is speculate. I'd rather not do that too much. You get something in your mind and it doesn't happen can be disappointing.

Dark Jezter

First Post
I, too, doubt highly that the series will be Boba Fett-centric, but he could make a pretty cool recurring character who shows up every now and then.

I think it's likely that Bail Organa will play a large role in the series. Jimmy Smits does have a lot of expirience with television acting, after all.

What I'd really like to see is a younger Wedge Antilles show up in the series. Wedge always has been probably my single favorite secondary character in the Star Wars universe. :)

Remove ads