Boba Fett to be a character in Star Wars TV series?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Well, Boba Fett could be the bad guy.

The show might be like the Fugitive (or any of it's many clones, from Kung Fu to the Incredible Hulk to Starman to the A-team, etc).

You have a cast of heroes. Then you have a guy pursuing them. Boba would be the latter.

He presumably has a grudge against Jedis. And isn't the TV show about a Twilek Jedi on the run from the Empire? (IIRC, though I might have hallucinated that).

Trickstergod

First Post
This could be terrible or great or both.

I do believe a certain sense of familiarity would be nice, so long as it's not over-played.

I must confess a certain venomous desire, though, for any Fett-presence to shoot down some of the Expanded Universe. Though I suppose it would be too much to ask for some Jedi prophet to say, "And, oh yeah - you totally get killed by a half-blind guy and a dirt hole."

I like Fett, though the fanboys can grate on my like for him at times. In small doses, he could work. I'm not sure I'd want him as the main antagonist, however. If he pops in for an episode and disintegrates a Jedi, though, without much more than that, I think that could work.

fett527

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
I, too, doubt highly that the series will be Boba Fett-centric, but he could make a pretty cool recurring character who shows up every now and then.

I think it's likely that Bail Organa will play a large role in the series. Jimmy Smits does have a lot of expirience with television acting, after all.

What I'd really like to see is a younger Wedge Antilles show up in the series. Wedge always has been probably my single favorite secondary character in the Star Wars universe. :)

I agree with your take Dark Jezter. I think having Fett show up in small doses here and there would be cool and keep the mysterious aura alive. I don't want to know all the details, I want to create them in my head.

I've definitely said a few times that Jimmy Smits needs to be a big part of this as does the formation of the rebellion.

Having Wedge would be VERY cool.

fett527

First Post
trancejeremy said:
...He presumably has a grudge against Jedis. And isn't the TV show about a Twilek Jedi on the run from the Empire? (IIRC, though I might have hallucinated that).

Not sure where you heard that one. Some have voiced their desire (on these boards and in other places) that Aayla Secura didn't actually get blown away by clones and is still alive. However, I think that's more fanboys wanting to see Amy Allen run around in headtails. ;)

Arnwyn

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
What I'd really like to see is a younger Wedge Antilles show up in the series. Wedge always has been probably my single favorite secondary character in the Star Wars universe. :)
Who was the Antilles that they were talking to near the end of Ep III?

fett527

First Post
arnwyn said:
Who was the Antilles that they were talking to near the end of Ep III?

Captain Antilles of the Tantive IV (Blockade Runner) that C3PO and R2-D2 are assigned to and the ship that Leia is captured in.

Last edited:

Remove ads