Boba Fett to be a character in Star Wars TV series?

Dark Jezter

First Post
Trickstergod said:
I must confess a certain venomous desire, though, for any Fett-presence to shoot down some of the Expanded Universe. Though I suppose it would be too much to ask for some Jedi prophet to say, "And, oh yeah - you totally get killed by a half-blind guy and a dirt hole."

Heh heh!

Actually, I read an interview with George Lucas a few months back in which he mentioned that if he would have known that Boba Fett was going to turn into such a popular character, he probably would have come up with a cooler way to kill him off. :)

fett527 said:
Not sure where you heard that one. Some have voiced their desire (on these boards and in other places) that Aayla Secura didn't actually get blown away by clones and is still alive. However, I think that's more fanboys wanting to see Amy Allen run around in headtails. ;)

IIRC, Amy Allen has stated that Aayla Secura will have a role in the television series. However, since Revenge of the Sith makes it look quite certain that Aayla was killed, I can't see how they could put her character in the show and make it believable.

Tanager

fett527 said:
However, I think that's more fanboys wanting to see Amy Allen run around in headtails. ;)

You say that like it's a bad thing :D

As for Fett, meh, I think he's cool enough, but small doses are better. If the show focusses on him too much they risk diluting the character into some sort of misunderstood antihero role. I'd prefer him to show up now and again, remorseless, implacable, think Arnie in T1.

satori01

First Post
I doubt he will be the main character, but he could very well turn out to be a major villian. It also makes sense, given that the show is supposed to be about characters on the run.

Vader is pretty black ops at this time of the Empire, he has no official standing beyond what the Emperor can give him, which is probably that of Personal Assistant/body guard. Keep in mind we do not see Vader take complete control of the Imperial Fleet until after Palpatine disbands the Senate.

Thus it does seem logical that he would use bounty hunters to extend his reach and avoid any Senate oversight issues.

Tanager said:
As for Fett, meh, I think he's cool enough, but small doses are better. If the show focusses on him too much they risk diluting the character into some sort of misunderstood antihero role. I'd prefer him to show up now and again, remorseless, implacable, think Arnie in T1.
Fett has already turned into the Batman of Star Wars: The dark, brooding antihero who saw his father killed and wears a neato suit of armor and a cool vehicle and goes around in the name of "justice" blasting people. He's seen by many as a menace and a threat, but the authorities are willing to deal with him from time to time because he gets the job done. Think a mirror-universe version of Batman in a space-opera setting.

Remember Boba's first appearance was in the infamous Holiday Special, where he was a helpful character and Solo refers to him as "our friend Boba". Like most of the Holiday Special , it is so non-canon it's not funny (S Canon at best, if not N Canon), but that's how it began.

fett527

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
..IIRC, Amy Allen has stated that Aayla Secura will have a role in the television series. However, since Revenge of the Sith makes it look quite certain that Aayla was killed, I can't see how they could put her character in the show and make it believable.

Interesting. First I'd seen of any hint of offical word. Don't have a link do you?

mojo1701

First Post
wingsandsword said:
Remember Boba's first appearance was in the infamous Holiday Special, where he was a helpful character and Solo refers to him as "our friend Boba". Like most of the Holiday Special , it is so non-canon it's not funny (S Canon at best, if not N Canon), but that's how it began.

I think that it IS considered Canon, despite Lucas not liking it.

mojo1701 said:
I think that it IS considered Canon, despite Lucas not liking it.
Lucas has the power to canonize and decanonize things, so I would presume that things he doesn't like get moved to one of the lower levels of canon that Lucas Licensing keeps track of.

When he says that if he had the time and means, he'd track down every copy of the Holiday Special in existence and smash them with a sledgehammer, I don't think he wants them to be considered C-Canon alongside the latest novels and comic books which were thoroughly vetted by Lucas Licensing.

Kai Lord

Hero
Dark Jezter said:
Actually, I read an interview with George Lucas a few months back in which he mentioned that if he would have known that Boba Fett was going to turn into such a popular character, he probably would have come up with a cooler way to kill him off. :)
He also says that during the ROTJ commentary on the recent DVD release.

Dark Jezter said:
IIRC, Amy Allen has stated that Aayla Secura will have a role in the television series. However, since Revenge of the Sith makes it look quite certain that Aayla was killed, I can't see how they could put her character in the show and make it believable.
If she's on it then the show might start out overlapping the last few days of ROTS and they show more of her on Felucia before she
gets iced by clonetroopers.
Or maybe the show will be a collection of mini-arcs, some before ROTS, some after. If the production values are even passable I'll be all over this one. Any word on when its supposed to debut? And will the animated also series be by Genndy Tarkofsky?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Actually I hope ths entire show is about Boba (starring Logan)

that way we can get in filmed entirely in New Zealand!!! and then I can get a bit part as Chewbacca's cousin* - mmmm a dream come true:D

* I'd even take the role of Jabba's cousin if thats going, as long as I don't have to be an Ewok or worse a gungan!

Remove ads