• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boston EN World game a great success! Photo on p. 9!

Silver Moon

Adventurer
SnowDog said:
- Getting a chance to play in a clear labor of love, Septentrionalis. I wish we had had more than 4 hours to experience it
Kriskrafts and I both fully agree - the campaign setting is wonderful and well developed. We too could have easily gone on. We will pick up a copy of it when it is published next year. Today or tomorrow I'll post a "Top Ten List", with the ten funniest lines stated during the game.

I also had a great deal of fun in the Feng Shui game in the afternoon, and Kris had a great game in Call of Cthulhu. Overall we had a great day. Thanks again PC and KC for hosting!

dougmander

Explorer
Silver Moon said:
Kriskrafts and I both fully agree - the campaign setting is wonderful and well developed. We too could have easily gone on. We will pick up a copy of it when it is published next year. Today or tomorrow I'll post a "Top Ten List", with the ten funniest lines stated during the game.

Thanks to our gracious hosts and to everyone who played in my Septentrionalis game. Your enthusiasm (and outrageous accents) made easy work for me. My favorite lines (more or less as they were spoken):

GM: You find a large chest, sealed with wax, and stencilled with the word "POWDER."
French Noblewoman: Thank goodness. My makeup has survived the shipwreck intact!

Albian Rogue: Hmm, we're stranded on a cursed reef... the sea-devils are attacking, I just saw the lady with the spectacles shoot a lightnin' bolt from her hands, and the Mohawk just produced a pack of wolves out a' thin air. I'm just goin' to sit on this 'ere rock and keep drinkin'.

French Musketeer: Take that, you knave! For the glory of France!
Dying Villain: I'm... French... too...

Any other GMs have some good lines to report from their games yesterday? How about a synopsis of what happened in your game?

Clint

Journeyman Linguist
SnowDog said:
Many thanks to PCat and KidC for being perfect hosts.
I'll second that. PCat and KidC: you're good people. Thanks very much.
SnowDog said:
Getting a chance to play in a clear labor of love, Septentrionalis. I wish we had had more than 4 hours to experience it
Same here! Rich world, intricate story, politics... hard to fit in four hours. :) I'd love to play it again sometime.
SnowDog said:
Throwing tactics, planning, rules, and common sense out the window and just enjoying the insane ride through Omega World at 120 miles an hour
That had to be the most insane game I've ever participated in, and I fully recommend it to anyone who is able to laugh. Two full adventures in less than four hours! Huge smiling praise for Gospog.
SnowDog said:
It was a grand time and I'm looking forward to having a chance to play with y'all (happy, Clint? :) ) again!
Yes. Happy with y'all for the great day! It was a real pleasure to meet all of you, and I can't wait for the next one!
-Clint

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Ugh. Got in far too late last night. Consciousness bad... But the gamdeday was worth it. Many thanks to Pkitty & KidCthulhu for hosting a great day.

And many thanks to Wulf and Midnight for great games like Grim Tales and Feng Shui. Had lots of fun embarrasing the bad guys with my naive plump boy (WEDGIE OF DOOM!).

Other then the games, just lots of nice people and a really cool house (gameroom especially). It would have been nice to stay later and chat, but it is a good thing we left when we did, for we had three angry kitties waiting for us, demanding food.

So, all in all, had a great time and definately want to do this again. Thanks again.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
Piratecat said:
What a great day!

Great people, good food, good fun, good food, and a remarkable quantity of poop-throwing monkeys.

Hey! If I recall correctly , that poop throwing monkey did some damage to that alien...

Indeed, a very fun day. Spycraft & Spaceship Zero were just awesome. MojoGM & I spent the entire ride home and most of the night talking about how great the day & games & folks were. Going from playing a hopeless romantic scatterbrain 1950's scientist to playing an ass kicking biker chick was...different :) In a good way. Awesome, Awesome games!

Thanks for having us. And the various critters that were there (dogs, cat...) were just adorable.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Hear Hear! Many thanks all 'round indeed.

To our wonderful hosts - both great GMs and great organizers!

To Mike Mearls for a great glimpse into the Dying Earth. Not only do I now need to get at least one of the novels to go with my other Jack Vance, I think it will be hard not to pick up the RPG book as well.

This was also a fun cast, so a big thanks to the esteemed gentlemen of high and scholarly learning who accompanied Gurstag (playing their own minor roles as fate cast them, of course). Once Gurstag has risen to the high and powerful place he deserves, I'm sure he'll kindly think of you over a golden and begemmed cup of fine vintage. Or alternatively curse you as he trudges through brambles...

Thanks to Wulf for the Halfling swag!

And a big thanks to Piratecat as Spycraft GM and for the Agency team that helped us bring down those damn Nazis! I have a great image in my mind of the helicopter spinning top over bottom as the ammo dump explodes.

also glad to hear the Albany crew is back home safe and sound. that's dedication, folks.

Have a good Sunday all, I'm sure many of you have games today where you can pass on the war stories from yesterday. :)

john

Remove ads