Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
Juno's description in the IC thread is perfect. You can post your rolls in the OOC or IC thread. Either is fine just so long as I see it to keep the tally going.

At the moment you guys are on College headed northeast. The ghouls are ahead by grace of their head start, as they aren't driving very well. Keira is on their tail with Juno, Logan, and Malcom right behind.

Thanee

First Post
So has everyone acted in the first round now, or are we still posting the IC posts for the first round. :)

Should I put up a second round post?

Bye
Thanee

ThirdWizard

First Post
Yep, the resolution of the first round was when I posted in the IC thread in spoiler tags the totals for all the drivers. We're resolving the 2nd round now.

Shayuri

First Post
Argh, so sorry for delay. I need to make a local copy of that sheet...it's such a pain trying to look at it here when my browser keeps locking up...

Okay, so... I forgot my +1 skill bonus, but even with that? -1, like Thanee. So at least we're messing up equally badly. :)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3933310/

I'll post to IC as well. Chalk it up to the distraction of trying to talk to dispatch while driving.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Well, at least the ghouls aren't doing much better. They rolled a +1. With the -1 from last round, that puts them at 0 so far.

Because of their terrible roll in the first round, you guys are still good. You just have to keep it up!

But I feel like I'm forgetting something... What could it be... Oh, that's right! Juno has a wizard in the car, and wizards and cars don't go well together in high stress situations. :devil:
[MENTION=6694788]Bluedevil[/MENTION]
It's very likely that Malcom, as much as he's trying to stay calm and collected, lets out a little leak of magic. Not enough to completely fry the car, mind you. Just enough that the car stalls out, slowing Juno, Malcom, and Logan down. If Malcom takes this compel, Juno's result will be an automatic -2 in the upcoming round (no rolling). You can still keep up with the ghouls in the long run if you roll well after this compel, but it will be difficult. Or BlueDevil could buy it off to keep position with the car chase, but be vulnerable to the next compel. Your choice, and not an easy one!

Here's the route as it has gone so far. In this round of play, the ghouls take a hard left onto Howard Circle and continue onto McLendon Avenue.

I'll post up the ghoul's actions in the IC thread sometime tomorrow along with the running totals.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee!

Well, I'm torn. On the one hand, it'd be nice to be able to interrogate them or follow them to whoever hired them. On the other, we clearly can't let them go zooming through school zones like this.

I think normally, police would actually pull back at this point and switch to helicopter surveillance, specifically so as not to have a high speed chase through a residental area. Juno hasn't got that luxury...though since they've attracted official attention...

Hm.

Well, she hung up on dispatch, so we can't know for sure. And even if they brought a heli in, there's no guarantee Juno would be 'on the case' so she might not have access to the information they get. Best to proceed with no assumption of official support. So if you can disable their car, even at the expense of Juno's, that's good.

Obviously the problem of there being ghouls inside, and police in pursuit, is still a problem...but I would say that it's THEIR problem, as long as we can keep the cops from getting close enough for the ghouls to shred. It's not like Juno called the cops in. They attracted that attention on their own.

---

ALTHOUGH

It's worth saying that at this point, Malcolm's duty may force his hand in another direction. As a Warden of the White Council, keeping the mundanes ignorant may be more important than apprehending ghoul thugs. In which case he may have to consider disabling Juno's car, and the police car, but NOT the ghoul's car.

This would allow them to escape...probably saving lives as they would no longer have to drive stupidly, and preserving the Secret from possible discovery.

Juno would not ask him to do this, because she's basically a cop at heart and wants to get the bad guys.

Last edited:

Bluedevil

First Post
Well everything I have seen in the Dresden books the Warden's aren't exactly subtle and protective of the supernatural. they more dont want anyone to know much about them.

I could see letting them go though, back to the whole problem of how much damage are we willing to cause to capture them. I probably could blow them into orbit, but at what cost?

Remove ads