• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Canceled] Pathfinder: Giantslayer

Scotley

Hero
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], I don't think I've got dibs on anything at this moment; rather, I just happened to be the first one to post a complete character submission. First in time doesn't make first in right.

Just for kicks and giggles, I'll take a stab at a full-on cleric. Or maybe a paladin. Or a druid. Or a bard. Something healer-ish. Probably not til closer to deadline day.

The warpriest looked pretty good, though.

I'm not that particular about what I play. I just don't know if that brawler is tough enough to be the front line fighter for a party taking on Giants. I'll tinker around with a skill monkey and see what everyone thinks.

I agree, [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION]. I'll refrain from drafting a cleric and will stick with the barbarian I created. I'm not sure he'll be super-adept at combating giants, but I like him well enough.

Shayuri

First Post
I am thinking I will respec to a shadow-illusionist sorceror.

I've always wanted to try one, and I think it has a lot of potential against giants, who are not in general noted as having strong Will saves... That would let me indirectly 'tank' a bit with a sorceror once we get to the critical levels.

Kaodi

Hero
I have an idea for an alternate submission I could give if Venom does not fit in: a skirmisher ranger of a fey race of "giants" called the tuaga du Imbram. Related in some way (thought not by resemblance) to the Eldest Imbrex, they were bred long ago to combat the size of other giant-like creatures: the firbolgs and fomorians.

I do not want to do a full right up yet, but it is looking like:

male tuaga du Imbram skirmisher ranger 1, lawful neutral (favoured enemy: giant)
str 20 dex 10 con 12 int 12 wis 8 cha 10
traits roll with it
skills climb, k (geography), heal, intimidate, perception, survival, swim
feats heavy armour proficiency

Tuaga Du Imbram
Large Fey 7 (+2 Str, -2 Dex)
Greater Paragon 2 (+4 Str, -2 Con, -2 Wis)
Xenophobic Language (Sylvan; Aklo, Common, Elven, Giant)
Fearless 1
Fey Damage Resistance 3
Lesser Defensive Training (Giant) 1
Reach 1

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kaodi, perhaps our two races have some kind of symbiotic relationship?

I am re-envisioning the Sakaniyani to be this secretive, nocturnal fey associated with trickery and the moon. Small and spry and quiet and magical in nature. They live in the wooded foothills of the mountains, alternately harassing and being terrorized by the giants that sometimes come tromping down.

Maybe your people and mine form a sort of unified front, with your people as the front line, with the sakaniyani providing ranged and magical support? Then our characters could start out knowing each other.

Kaodi

Hero
I could go with that. I was originally thinking that he would be a bit of a loner race wise, one of only a few of his people not in the First World. But I could definitely do with them being a bit less rare than that: perhaps they are not common throughout Golarion, but the sakaniyani in this part of the world convinced (or lured, given the trickery) my character's collective to join them here.

Shayuri

First Post
Maybe it's a day/night thing. The sakaniyani come out at night, while your guys rule the day? The sakaniyani are either quite rare, or quite good at concealing their enclaves...but given the pressures of this location, they might have made overtures for alliance with your people.

Remove ads