Pathfinder 1E [Canceled] Pathfinder: Giantslayer

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Thinking Rogue or Ninja

Work in progress . . . . .

High in the Mountains of Eastern N'Besh, A heavily forested region exists. This primeval forest is full of many creatures benevolent and malign; some are lairs of single powerful creatures, others are whole civilizations of creatures. One of these civilizations hides in the dark canopy, living amongst the land itself. Very few have ever heard their movements, and fewer still have seen them. Those who have and returned to tell of it spoke of a strong community; of loving family units, but most important, of fierce warriors.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-catfolk

black cat feat

[sblock=Character Creation]

0. Nothing is approved until the DM says so.

3. Any non-evil alignment.

4. Characters get a single campaign trait. Characters may have an additional single non-campaign trait by taking a drawback.

5. Approved source: Archives of Nethys

6. Characters should be created at first level using a 12 point buy.

7. Everyone gets maximum hit points first level. Each additional level will be 3/4 max (round up on even levels and down on odd levels where appropriate). Supporting cast (e.g., animal companions, familiars) use half max each level after first.

8. Minimum starting gold. That means that: The cavalier, fighter, gunslinger, paladin, ranger, slayer, swashbuckler and warpriest get 50gp. The cleric, hunter, inquisitor, magus, ninja, and rogue get 40gp. The alchemist, barbarian, bard, bloodrager, brawler, investigator, oracle, samurai, shaman, skald and witch get 30gp. The arcanist, druid, sorcerer, summoner and wizard get 20gp. The monk gets 10gp.

9. Show all your work (e.g. 'Str: 16 +3 (5 points, +2 racial)'). Use the following format for character sheet submittal.

[sblock=Character Sheet][sblock=Cat Warrior [i]Felinus Bellitum[/i]Race: Cat Warrior Felinus Bellitum
Type: Humanoid (Catfolk) 0 rp
Size: Medium 0 rp
Base Speed: Normal 0 rp
Ability Score Modifiers: (+2 Dex, –2 Wis, +2 Cha) 0 RP
Languages: Standard 0 rp
Racial Traits: None
Ability Score Racial Traits:

• Advanced Strength (4 RP)
  • Defense Racial Traits:
  • Cat's luck 1 RP
Feat and Skill Racial Traits:

• Skill bonus (Perception) 2 RP
  • Skill bonus (Stealth) 2 RP
  • Skill bonus (Survival) 2 RP
  • Quick Reactions (2 RP)
Magical Racial Traits: None
Movement Racial Traits: Sprinter 1 RP
Offense Racial Traits: None
Senses Racial Traits: Low-light vision 1 RP
Weakness Racial Traits: None
Other Racial Traits: None

Total: 15 rp[/sblock]

[sblock=CHARACTER]INFORMATION
Name: Miska Itzal
Player: Scot DeWar the awesome
Race: Cat Folk
Class: rogue or ranger
Level: 1

Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common
Deity: None
Size: Large
Height: 6'-6"
Weight: 220#
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Medium

ABILITIES
Str: 16 +3 (5 points, +2 racial)
Dex: 12 +1 (2 points)
Con: 14 +2 (5 points)
Int: 10 -1 (0 points)
Wis: 10 +0 (0 points)
Cha: 10 +0 (0 points)

COMBAT
HP: 13 [d10, +2 Con, +1 FC]
AC: 15 [10 base, +1 Dex, +3 armor, +1 natural]
AC Touch: 11 [10 base, +1 Dex]
Flatfooted: 14 [10 base, +3 armor, +1 natural]
Init: +1 [1 Dex]
CMB: +4 [1 BAB, +3 Str]
CMD: 15 [10 base, +1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Dex]
Fortitude: +4 [2 base, +2 Con]
Reflex: +1 [0 base, +1 Dex]
Will: +0 [0 base, +0 Wis]
Speed: 40'

WEAPON
Bite: Attack: +5 [1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 WF], Damage: 1d3+3, Crit: 20, Type: BPS
Claw(x2): Attack: +5 [1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 WF], Damage: 1d4+3, Crit: 20, Type: BS

ARMOR
Studded Leather: AC: +3, MDB +5, ACP: -1

RACIAL
Abilities: +2 Str
Base Speed: 30'
Favored: Fighter (HP)
Fast Movement +10'
Natural Armor +1
Bite 1d3
Claws 1d4
Bonus Feat: Weapon Focus (Claw)
Extra Skill point per level

CLASS: Fighter
Armor/Weapons: All armor and all shields / all simple and martial
Bonus Feat: Power Attack

FEATS
Weapon Focus (Bite) - +1 bonus on attack rolls with bite attack
Weapon Focus (Claw) - +1 bonus on attack rolls with claw attacks
Power Attack - can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls

TRAITS
Dwarf Trained - a +1 trait bonus on attack rolls against creatures with the orc subtype.
Armor Expert - reduce ACP by 1 to a minimum of 0 when wearing armor

DRAWBACK
Xenophobic - take -2 penalty on Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks verses other races

SKILLS 3 [2 base, +0 Int, +1 human]
Climb +7 (1 rank, +3 CS, +3 Str)
Handle Animal +4 (1 rank, +3 CS, +0 Cha)
Swim +7 (1 rank, +3 CS, +3 Str)

CARRYING CAPACITY
Light: 76#
Medium: 153#
Heavy: 230#

EQUIPMENT
Explorer's Outfit (0gp, 0#, worn)
Studded Leather (25gp, 20#, worn)
Backpack (2gp, 2#, back)
Total (27gp, 22#, light)

FINANCES: 23gp

Appearance: At least a few lines to describe what your character looks like.

Background: At least a few paragraphs to describe your character's past.[/sblock][/sblock]The Player's Guide can be downloaded free: here.[/sblock]

Info:
Advanced Strength (4 RP)

Prerequisites: None.
Benefit: Members of this race receive a +2 racial bonus to Strength.
Special: This bonus can be taken multiple times, but each additional time it is taken, its cost increases by 1 RP. Its effects stack.

Quick Reactions (2 RP) Prerequisites: None. Benefit: Members of this race receive Improved Initiative
as a bonus feat.

Cat's Luck (1 RP)
Prerequisites: The race has at least a +2 racial bonus to Dexterity.
Benefit: Members of this race gain the following extraordinary ability: Once per day, when a member of this race makes a Reflex saving throw, it can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. It must decide to use this ability before attempting the saving throw.

Fast (1 RP) Prerequisites: Normal speed. Benefit: Members of this race gain a +10 foot bonus to their
base speed.

Lucky, Lesser (2 RP)

Prerequisites: None.
Benefit: Members of this race gain a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.

Last edited:

I anticipate an increased work load for the remainder of the year. That, coupled with my need to spend weekends for the foreseeable future driving to South Carolina to be with my mother while she undergoes weekly six-hour cancer treatments, means I suddenly have less time to game. I am therefore withdrawing my entry for this game.

I'm sorry to miss this one. I think it's a great concept, I was excited to play Soikka, and I like gaming with you, Tailspinner. Best wishes. I expect I'll try to lurk from time to time. And thanks for the prompt to use the Pathfinder race builder rules; I'd never done so before, and I think they're pretty nifty.

Shayuri

First Post
Ooof...sorry to see you go, but totally understood! All my well wishes for your mother, and yourself.

I anticipate an increased work load for the remainder of the year. That, coupled with my need to spend weekends for the foreseeable future driving to South Carolina to be with my mother while she undergoes weekly six-hour cancer treatments, means I suddenly have less time to game. I am therefore withdrawing my entry for this game.

I'm sorry to miss this one. I think it's a great concept, I was excited to play Soikka, and I like gaming with you, Tailspinner. Best wishes. I expect I'll try to lurk from time to time. And thanks for the prompt to use the Pathfinder race builder rules; I'd never done so before, and I think they're pretty nifty.

Shayuri

First Post
Sort of! They get a good number of skill points, but they don't have class features that enhance their skills besides Favored Enemy, which is fairly limited.

You could call them a skill monkey in the same sense that a bard or paladin is a healer, I guess. :)

Remove ads