• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

Shayuri

First Post
Triessa glances down at the cards uncertainly, then at Bella, trying to decide if this was an amusing game, or something more serious. She finally selects a card and offers it to Bella for reading.

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra frowns when Bella starts to do a card reading. "Do I have to" he says "I don't do fortunes." As the others continue to look at him expectantly, he shrugs and reluctantly takes a card, grumbling under his breath as he does so.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"No, Betrayal is not always bad. It can also be an omen. It is all in how the cards tell the story."

Taking the two pulled cards from Triessa and Piedra, she calls them out as they are given to her and places on the last row, at each corner. "The Empty Throne and the Cyclone. Now for the last card..."

She closes her eyes, as she pulls a card from the deck. She opens it, looking at the card and then placing it in the center of the arrayed cards. There were now 9 cards, 5 of them face up. Arranged in three rows of three cards each, she knows this reading will be one of Empowerment.

"The Hidden Truth," she calls out, pointing to the center card.

"There is a hidden truth to be found."

[sblock=4 Face Down Cards]Awaiting HM to send them info on the last 4 cards. This should be fun![/sblock]

Last edited:

Cyansylph

First Post
Valanar sighs as the mundane cards are interpreted, "Quite some skill it takes to read these cards, eh? The Hidden truth shows that there is a hidden truth? Turn over another one, maybe it will be the Secret Necromancer... I would interpret that to mean there is a Necromancer who kept it a secret."

Suddenly aware of of his dismissive tone, Valanar rebukes himself, "Sorry, I do not mean to insult what you hold in esteem. This business about stolen books, and dark research has put me on edge. What is taking so long with the chest? Is no one else curious what dark secrets the rabble-rousing professor has been keeping these last few years?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
A glance from Bella is all it takes, as she holds her anger back. He was a simpleton, it would seem. "Your disregard for warnings may kill you one day. If you don't understand something, then don't be ignorant. I am simply trying to get more information in the way I know how."

As if to emphasize, she flips the top card over and begins the reading. She begins on the top row, top left, and works her way across.

"The Trumpet. Those of noble purpose will descend like an archon aggressively and righteously into danger."
"The Twin. But some may stay undecided in their purpose or faith."
"The Betrayal. This will only be due to selfishness and lead only to envy."

She then begins the second row, turning over the face down card to start. "The Tangled Briar. Ah, this represents history as the teacher, and since it is before the The Hidden Truth, than to find the answer we must look to the past."
"The Hidden Truth. And as this is centered it is key to all, and we will find a greater truth than known before."
"The Demon Lantern. Hmmm... once the truth is discovered it's knowledge leads to this. An impossible situation? Trickery? Or a trap?"

The last row is begun, pointing to the first card. The one that Triessa chose. "The Empty Throne. It represents those who are gone, like the Professor. A ghost who has taught an important lesson in the past. But it is strange that it is below The Tangled Briar, almost as if the cards are saying a ghost of the present will teach a lesson of the past."

Bella then flips the last face down card, stares at it, and slowly puts it back on the table, in it's place.

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Elthros turns to Valanar and says "Stolen books? I listened to the same will, and heard that he borrowed them. And while I have not been in touch with the Professor as long as the rest of you, surly he would not use them for evil? Maybe he has the books to prevent someone from taking them?"

As Bella continues her reading, Elthos waits for the final card and the full meaning of the Harrow.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Bella lays the card down on the table the cards seem to erupt in a ball of fire. They flames are so bright that everyone is temporarily blinded for a moment. As they shield there eyes and can see nothing they all hear what sound like muffled cries of men burning, as if they were far below in a basement or dungeon.

When the bright light dies down and all can see once more the voices have stopped and the cards sit on the table unscorched. The flipped card shows The Uprising...

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Bella continues to stare at the cards, never keeping her eyes off of them. The light was blinding, but also illuminating something else. The edges of the new card blurred slightly. "That's new!" she exclaims, almost fearfully excited.

"The Uprising. Overwhelming power catching us all up in something much more powerful. Followed by The Cyclone which means it will be a destructive, an unstoppable force unleashed through the plots of intelligent people or group of people."

Bella inspects the cards, and nods, as if seeing another meaning. Her eyes light up, as she smiles a genuine smile.

"Look at this," she says pointing to the middle row.

"The first row down shows that those who combat the evil, The Trumpet can not learn what they need to know, The Tangled Briar, without the knowledge from a ghost of the past, The Empty Throne. And the center row shows that one of the identities of The Twin will be revealed by The Hidden Truth. And it will be someone from among The Uprising. And the rows are aligned Good on the left and evil on the right with those of neutral in the center but the balance is precarious at best. With evil winning should The Uprising not be halted."

Bella traces the edges of the Hidden Truth, as she then looks to the group. "Yes, we have much work to do! I don't believe the Professor was evil. I think he knew where to look for those gems others often threw away as simple stones. Look at each of us. He say what others did not want to see. Now, when he needs us most, we must answer. Something is brewing, and it appears we are thrown into the mix."

jackslate45

First Post
Elthos did have to cover his eyes, and only lowered them when Bella continued with the meaning.

When she was finished, he still had to wrap his head around it.

"Cards can be read up and down as well. Interesting. About this hidden evil. Could that be a reason he wanted us to stay behind? By what you just said," pointing towards the middle row, which holds the card of the uprising. "Those mean that if we want to stop this Uprising, we need to look into the past to find out more information... ?" Looking at Bella this time, Elthos still questions many things. Like, what the heck was that vision?!

Remove ads