Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The Haunting of Harrowstone

by Micheal Kortes

When Harrowstone Prison burned to the ground, prisoners, guards, and a host of vicious madmen met a terrifying end. In the years since, the nearby town of Ravengro has shunned the fire scarred ruins, telling tales of unquiet spirits that wander abandoned cellblocks.

But when a mysterious evil disturbs Harrowstone's tenuous spiritual balance, a ghostly prison riot commences that threaten to consume the nearby village in madness and flames.

Can the adventures discover the secrets of Harrowstone and quell a rebellion of the dead? Or will they be the spirit-prison's next inmates?

Characters

Triessa Elrich - Changeling Summoner played by Shayuri
Sturm "Piedra" Cantero - Dwarf Ranger played by ghostcat
Valaran servant of Abadar - Human Paladin (Divine Scourge) played by Cyanslyph
Elthos - Half Elf Rogue played by jackslate45
Bella - Teifling Witch played by Fangor the Fierce

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/297624-rg-carrion-crown-ap-deadwatchers.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/297625-carrion-crown-ap-deadwatchers-ooc.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Introduction

Why in all the small dead end places in all of Ustalav did your late friend, Professor Petros Lorrimor, chose Ravengro as the place to retire to? As you passed through the little town you were eyed with suspion and sometimes terror, but at least you learned of The Restlands (as the local cemetery is called) and that you were just in time for the burial of the Professor.

Now you stand before the gates (in a light drizzle) watching the progression coming up the small hill towards you. But you don't stand alone there are others there (obliviously not locals - just like yourself - by their gear and demeanor), standing silently and watching the small group of people who march along before a small cart pulled by a fat plow horse.

The woman in the lead is very young and can not be Professor Lorrimor's wife. You remember him talking of her fondly in the past tense those few times he did speak of her. The woman is in her early twenties, slim and pretty, although her eyes are severely puffy and red. When she looks up at the gates an sees all of you standing before them she stops the others and walks ahead of the group alone.

She gives each of you a curious glance and then recognition dawns on here face. "It is you," she says huskily, her voice a little sore from crying and the rain. "It is all of you. You have come after all."

She notices your perplexed looks and then introduces herself. "I am Kendra Lorrimor. Professor Lorrrimor is..." she looks away very sad. "The Professor was my father. You all must be the friends he spoke of. Please to meet you um..."

[sblock=OCC] Introductions and descriptions I think are in order. [/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
A male dwarf steps forward and offers his hand to Kendra. Although he is of average height, that is the only thing that is average about him. He is thin almost to the point of been emaciated, his skin is sun-tanned rather than having the more normal dwavern pallor and, most striking, he is clean shaven. When he speaks, his common is almost perfect but his decorum leaves a lot to be desired as he says "Hi Kendra. My names Piedra. I'm sorry your father's dead. He was a good man."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
The sight of the funeral procession was unnerving. Bella had not had anyone that she could call a friend die in her life. At a loss of words, she notes that the dwarf speaks first. Following his manner, she steps forward, bows slightly, and answers, "My name is Bella. It was not so long that I was employed by your father. I still can't believe he is gone. I wish there was something more I could offer, besides my regret, as he was one of the few that treated me and my mother with kindness."

jackslate45

First Post
Elthos, Rogue 1

The half-elf comes forward, and grasps Kendra's hand with both of his own, bowing slightly. "My name is Elthos, and I owe the professor my life. He saved me once before when I was younger and wilder. It seems that I will never be able to repay that debt to him. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know."

Elthos then retreats back to make room for the others present to pay their respects to Kendra

Shayuri

First Post
The next to step up was unmistakably a woman by the shape under her hooded cloak and peasant blouse and skirt, but her features were hidden behind the shadows of that hood. She wore gloves that seemed ill-fitting, and out of the top of her knapsack poked the top of a thick, leather-bound book.

She seemed nervous as she went to Kendra and stood awkwardly, unable to meet the other woman's eyes.

"I'm Triessa," she said softly. "Triessa Elrich. I helped him once, and he was very kind to me. I...I'm sorry I wasn't there for him this time. I'm very sorry."

Cyansylph

First Post
Valanar - paladin of Abadar

Finally the tall stoic man donned in shining armor steps forward. His platemail appears out of place - a little too clean and polished for this rainy, muddy, sad affair.

As he comes forward, he removes his helm, takes a knee, and briefly bows his head. Wavy shoulder-length brown hair falls forward and sticks to the man's damp face, revealing the hilts of the 2 curved blades crossed on his back.

"Valanar of Eranmas, paladin of Abadar. Your father was a great man, and I am honored to have been counted among his many friends. Your father was often on the move, may he now find the find the peaceful rest that he did not seek in life."

Valanar stands, replaces his helm, and returns to his position at the back of the small gathering.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As everyone introduces themselves to Kendra and thus each other for the first time a large man (working on his third chin) comes from the back of the cart.

Dressed in the common clothes of a well to do merchant he looks wearily at the group and then speaking to Kendra but keeping his eyes on them asks, "Who are these people Mistress Lorrimor?"

Kendra turns to the man and replies, "These are all friends of my fathers Councilman Hearthmount. The ones mentioned in the note in regards to his will."

The councilman looks dubious at the group but then nodding says, "Hrmph, Yes, yes. They would be then. Your father was well traveled." he turns towards the cart and then back to Kendra. "Should be getting on with this then Father Grimburrow is waiting. Do you have any pallbearers to take the coffin along the Dreamwake?" He asks his eyes darting to the group as if he has already decided on who it should be.

"Oh no, I forgot the cart cannot go into the cemetery what should I do?" she asks aloud on the verge of reddening her puff eyes once more.

jackslate45

First Post
"It seems you are in need already" Elthos smiles to Kendra. Looking at Councilman Hearthmount he continues by saying "I will assist in carrying the professor."

Remove ads