Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

Cyansylph

First Post
Valaran remarks quietly to his companions, "Let us lower the casket in case this gets out of hand, but there must be an explanation for this. It should not be hard to get this rabble to disperse."

Turning towards the leader of the rabble, "Sir, we have no quarrel with you, but this is neither the time nor the place to be raising burial concerns. This burial has been arranged for some time. If you do not wish Lorrimor buried here, you should have taken it up this past week with the council. Today the late Professor shall be buried here. You may address this with the council if you wish the body to be moved later.

This is a distressing day for all of us, I must ask you to be gone now. Such malicious lack of civility will not be tolerated."

OOC: Diplomacy Check to improve attitude

Shayuri

First Post
Triessa watches the men warily and tries to position herself with the coffin between her and them. She almost misses Valaran's decision to put the heavy wooden box down, and seems rather dismayed to lose its cover. She most definitely does not say or do anything to egg the crowd on, choosing instead to be quiet and step back, hoping not to be noticed.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Your not from here so you shut your trap." the man says in response to Valaran's remarks. (needless to say that was a failed check)

Kendra shakes her head as if confused, "I arranged it with Father Grimburrow. He is waiting for us! The grave's already been..."

"You don't get it, woman. We won't have a necromancer buried in the same place as our kin. I suggest you move out while you still can."

"Necromancy!? Are you really such an ignorant fool?"

"Will show you whose the fool! Get 'em boys! Get 'em good!"

[sblock=Detect Evil] Only used for like a round and a half but will let you know you detect evil coming very faintly from the leader of the group.[/sblock]
[sblock=Knowledge checks] There is nothing to your knowledge that should prevent the Prof from being allowed to be buried in The Restlands.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] Putting the coffin down together is a full round action from each of you, to simulate waiting on each other to put it down.

This means no INIT - thugs will go and then everyone will place the coffin down together and then characters not carrying the coffin will go. Then top of round two thugs up first then all characters.

While you have it up on your shoulders you are considered to have your hands full and have no DEX to AC.

You all need to decide if you all use full rounds to place it down together or use a move action to put your end down making things a lot harder for those who haven't "let go" yet.[/sblock]

Cyansylph

First Post
[sblock=Detect Evil]
You have me confused with your comment about only using detect evil for 1.5 rounds. Here is the description on a Paladin's detect evil. 1.5 rounds should be 3 move actions to cover the 3 people I selected.

Paladin - Detect Evil: A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. The fact that I studied them for 1.5 rounds should have been plenty.[/sblock]
[sblock=Action]I will plan on lowering it with everyone as a full round.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] No I forgot paladin's get the auto three rounds. The reading would be the same even at the end of three rounds just very faint (instead of none 4th lvl or lower = very faint) evil.[/sblock]

Cyansylph

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for clearing that up. My first time using auras. Still trying to wrap my head around their possibilities and usefulness in play.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Having totally failed to intimidate the thugs, Piedra sneers and says "You and who's army." He nonchalantly flicks his axe into a two-handed, en-garde position and waits for the thugs to come to him.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Bella's grin would display her bared teeth, had the others taken note of her in the back. Instead, she sizes up the opposition, and off-handedly mutters, "If they want to join the professor, then so be it. But i'm not carrying their coffins..."

She waits for the others to put down the coffin, as she follows suit.

jackslate45

First Post
"Lets get this thing lowered first and deal with these guys. We cannot allow harm to the procession." Elthos says, nodding to the rest of the group that he is ready as well.

Remove ads