Celestial Pact Warlock--front line duty

neogod22

Explorer
Seems flavorful and imo def not overpowered. All this multiclassing to do cool things is mostly a trap anyways. Most of the time multiclassing doesn't make the character anymore powerful, just able to do a specific thing that people want to do with their character. The widely considered best multiclass pal2/sorc x even has serious issues, if you paly first then you have much slower spell progression, and at any point below lvl 17 you lose spell progression, and imo any good gm with properly spaced encounters will show a smite happy smiter that these spell slot are probably better used to cast actual spells.
Yeah, I realized the trap when I thought about it. Lol

neogod22

Explorer
to cast shield, and get more wild surges.
I see. What you're attempting is counterproductive and wasteful here's how:
Say you're an 8 Warlock and 2 Sorcerer. You have 2 4th level slots (warlock) and 3 1st level slots plus 2 sorcery points. (sorcerer). Say you used your lvl 1 slots and your sorcery points and you're like ok I'll create more. So you say, a 4th level spell slot is worth 6 points, excellent I can create 3 1st level slots with that. You convert them and you get 2. That only allows you to create only 1 1st level slot.
You can never have more than your max as far as spell slots or points. So all you can do is turn a 4th level slot to a 1st level slot.

Remove ads