Character portraits

Sonikal

First Post
WOW!. That stuff is spectacular. But I must ask you something, how did you color the first pictures?. Did you use a computer to it, if so what program?. Anyway, you are an incredibly talented artist...

NOTE: Notice my puny attempt to suck up to a better artist...

Romus

First Post
Wow! Thanks everyone! I would have posted earlier but my net service was down all day yesturday.

Riveneye -- I'll check for your e-mail once i get to work.

crater -- I'll check out that link, thanks

Sonikal -- They were colored in Photoshop

Thanks for the tips too!

Romus

Conaill

First Post
Wonderful work, Romus! have you considered trying to get any of this published? There's lots of little 3rd party d20 companies out there looking for illustrators. Do you take any comissions?

One thing that struck me, browsing through your website: why all the long faces? Almost all your characters look angry or very serious. There one or two that look devious instead, but none that actually seem happy, or mischievous, or in love, etc. The adventurers life isn't always doom and gloom, you know!

(Not that I could draw any better, of course...)

crater

Explorer
Yeah, they look like they are all engaged in some pretty somber business. The portraits you posted here are slightly different though, No.1 looks positively cheeky, and as for guilty No.3....!

Great pyramid too!

Romus

First Post
Conaill said:
Wonderful work, Romus! have you considered trying to get any of this published? There's lots of little 3rd party d20 companies out there looking for illustrators. Do you take any comissions?

One thing that struck me, browsing through your website: why all the long faces? Almost all your characters look angry or very serious. There one or two that look devious instead, but none that actually seem happy, or mischievous, or in love, etc. The adventurers life isn't always doom and gloom, you know!

(Not that I could draw any better, of course...)

Well I happen to be doing some work for Kenzer Co right now for their Kalamar books, I have no idea when they are due out. My first published work ever was in the Star Wars Adventure Journal #1 a long time ago. And I also did some work for Fierydragon, the module due out later this year called Gates of Oblivion (I did that art a LONG time ago, they just keep delaying the module).

As for the long faces, you are not the first to say that, I need to work on it :)

Malessa

First Post
Positively amazing! You definately have skill AND talent! Please don' keep us hanging though, can you do more for us to see?:D

Remove ads