City of the Spider Queen

Dakkareth

First Post
Huh? Merion looks at the ranger with a surprised look on this face. What's the matter, Hazrael? Is he going to leave? Whatever it is, he should have made up his mind before he came along ...

Jyren turns to look to Hazrael, looking just as surprised as Merion, though not saying anything. What was he supposed to say, anyway? Merion asked the question that was on his mind, so it was just best to wait on the answer...if it made any sense. But at the same time, the Genasi kept his eyes open and looked down the direction they'd yet to explore, somewhat worried that standing around here wasn't such a good idea.

silentspace

First Post
Rashak peers at Hazrael. I suspected he was working with the enemy, but I didn't suspect him to leave just like this. What should we do? Are we equipped to continue exploring without him? I have to admit, we need his bow, and his skill with traps...

He stares down the caverns, determination to find and defeat the drow clearly evident on his face. He'll look to Jyren and Merion to decide what to do, whether to continue on or turn back.

Jyren watched Hazrael walk off and then looks to the other two. After a short silence, he says quietly, "I will not turn back...though I would like it if you two continue on, also."

Dakkareth

First Post
Merion watches the ranger's departure with narrowed eyes. When he is out of sight, he sighs. I guess, it *is* true what they say about tieflings. They act on whim alone, are unreliable. We should continue scouting out the crypt, I say. If we're careful we can do without Hazrael, though his skills came in handy. Once we have found the passage to the Underdark, we can consider again, he says to the others in a low voice.

If noone else does, Merion picks up the small bag. At least he showed some honor and didn't try to get this stuff away from the group.

Sorry for the slow reaction.

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
A quiet moment not fixed in time

So we're back to three, the original group. Mercenaries with morals, some more conventional, some (me) less so, but mercenaries nonetheless. Is there something wrong with that? Whatever people may say, No. Sure, if I had the money, I'd settle down somewhere for in-depth research, but ... I guess, there's nothing as useful as practical experience. To master life and death alike one has to have known it.

BUMP

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Rashak nods at Jyren. "Alright, if you're not turning back, maybe I'll go with you." He winks at his old companion and pats him on the back. "What about you, Merion?"

Assuming Merion says yes, Rashak will aid Merion in searching the spot where the roper was for secret passages. As they search, he'll say "Although, the roper might not have been guarding a secret passage. It might have been guarding this passage."

Otherwise, Rashak will scout down the corridor. Scouting again, like old times. Though I must admit it was good to have someone better than me do the scouting. Looks like I'll have to practice my scouting skills some more.

Dakkareth

First Post
We have given our word. Unless we are faced with overwhelming opposition I see no reason to turn back, Merion says simply and adds grinning, We should notify Morn about his ill-informed choice, though.

"Although, the roper might not have been guarding a secret passage. It might have been guarding this passage."
The ecology of such beasts is a mystery to me. Mmhh, let's see ...

Merion will follow Rashak onwards along the tunnel assuming there's no passage or other thing of notice where the roper was hiding.

Last edited:

Remove ads