City of the Spider Queen

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - In the crypts

Looking after something, anything, where the roper was, Rashak finds a small hollow with some gems in. You see a blue spinel, two tourmalines, and three rose quarts stones.

silentspace

First Post
"Not a secret door, but a little treasure stash," Rashak smiles as he gathers the gems. "I wonder why creatures such as this keep gems? As currency? Or just because they are pretty, bright shiny objects?"

Scimitars in hand, Rashak scouts down the cavern.

Jyren idly looks over Rashak's shoulder, "They do look nice, but beyond that..." he just shrugged and looked towards the unexplored direction, "Should we continue on? Or...should we back off for now? I'm still a bit surprised by Hazrael's running off."

Dakkareth

First Post
Or, where did it get them? Cut gems don't lie around like peebles. Merion shrugs. Nothing we can say with certainty. Maybe once we have finished securing the crypt, we can see the bigger picture.

Stepping carefully on the uneven ground and keeping his eyes open for signs of danger the necromancer follows Rashak down the tunnel. I won't be taken by surprise like that again.

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - In the crypt

You walk down the tunnel, searching the wall for anything out of the ordinary. If it was luck, or just pure coincidence, you touch the southern wall of the cave, where it turns towards west again, and discover that there is no cave wall there! A clever Illusion was hiding a "hidden" entrance to another, smaller, tunnel, leading east.

silentspace

First Post
Rashak motions for the others to halt and be silent. He stands in front of the illusory wall and listens for a couple minutes, his ears adjusting to complete silence.

He motions for the others to wait, and slips past the illusion. Once past, he pauses again, scanning the tunnel carefully with his eyes. Sticking his arm back through the wall, he motions for the others to follow before moving cautiously down the new tunnel.

Hide +13, Move Silently +13, Listen +15, Spot +15
Taking 20 to listen before the wall, if possible.
Taking 20 to spot just past the wall, if possible.

Dakkareth

First Post
Merion's eyes narrow sharply as he sees Rashak stop and then disappear through the wall. His mind races. An illusion. Much as I have neglected that discipline, it has its uses against weak minds. Stepping closer unmindful of Rashak's gestures he examines the illusionary wall with eyes and hands.

Then following Rashak's lead he steps through. For such a spell to last long enough a skillful wizard is required. Keep that in mind, should we meet opposition, he remarks to the others.

Spellcraft at +20

Last edited:

Jyren nodded at Rashak's words, following close to him and speaking quietly, "It is also likely it conceals something of importance...though I am no expert on places of the dead, I would not expect there to be a hidden corridor that is simply empty.

After speaking, he glances down to the shortsword in his hand, gripping it a little tighter in anticipation of some kind of trap of ambush.

Dakkareth

First Post
Some people will go to great lengths protecting their remains. It could just as well be a drow device, though.

Does anything Merion can find out with spellcraft indicate how long the illusion has been in place?

Last edited:

Remove ads