• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric preparing arcane spells.... any published feats to enable this?

magnusmalkus

First Post
I'd like to build a cleric of magic... i'm looking to emulate the flavor of a cleric version of 'spell-sword' eventually using some homebrew rules that allow the cleric to channel spells through a melee strike.

I'd like to be able to prepare arcane spells as divine spells... even if it's just one arcane spell a day...

Any leads?

Thanks in advance, folks!

In Forgotten Realms they had a domain that included "Any spell" that when you cast it you memorize an arcane spell in it's place... I think it is a spell domain...

In Forgotten Realms they had a domain that included "Any spell" that when you cast it you memorize an arcane spell in it's place... I think it is a spell domain...

The spell domain was reprinted in Spell Compendium. Anyspell lets you prepare any arcane spell up to 2nd level and greater anyspell lets you prepare up to 5th level.

magnusmalkus

First Post
Hmmm...

Well, at first this was for a PC, but now I'm designing it as an NPC...

I was hoping for a feat or some other (prestige)class that has the ability... I only want something printed so that I can use it as a base upon which to build something homebrew.

In my minds eye, the NPC could prepare a limited number of arcane spells (= to Int bonus) using spell slots given by his cleric class.

Do you think replacing the domain ability of the Magic domain with that ability is grossly out of bounds?

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
You could always reverse engineer Arcane Discpile. Just make your own list of 9 spells (one for each spell level) that fit a theme to add to spell list and require Int to cast.

If you're going to rework the Magic Domain power, I would put a cap on spell level instead of number of spells prepared. Something like 1/2 highest spell level available. Since the cleric gains a higher spell level every other level, round down for odd levels and up for even level. Progression would be as follows: zero at 1st level, first at 3rd level, second at 6th level, third at 10th level, fourth at 13th level, and fifth at 18th level.

Remove ads