• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (Full)

The Gryphon said:
Do you parhaps mean a Satyr? If so have you forgotten its 5 racial HD?

I do indeed mean "Satyr." Usually I catch my typos before I submit my posts.

And, you're right - All I noticed was the "Level Adjustment +2" (or whatever) when I was scanning through the MM for possible Wild Shape forms. Nice call.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Gryphon: Very meticulous, you are! I thought I had you on a few things, and then a bit of research showed me that I was wrong, not you. Everything checks out but two things. The doomguide's HD is actually d6, not d8, so fix that. And since you're LN, you can't have an exalted feat, as the requirements for that are that you be intelligent and good-aligned. Other than that, you're good to go, so fix those things and I'll give you a final okay.

Something Faster: Yes, satyr has a +2 LA and 5 HD, so you'd effectively have 4 levels to spend on classes. I'm going to count monster HD as sort of a LA (even though... not really) so I would say no that even if you wanted to sacrifice all those levels. :p

I imagine that you guys must be getting pretty impatient with me. The DM may even be tempted to call in an alternate because I'm taking so long to make a single character. All I can ask is that you give me a little bit more time.

Oh, and if it seems like I'm trying to sneak some stuff by or bend the rules - I'm not. I'm just trying out different things without fully considering all of the rules regarding them.

Thank you all for you patience, and it should only be a little bit longer before I have a finalized character that completely checks out with the rules.

Krug

Newshound
Thanks DM. I'll be a Shield Dwarf from the Spine of the World, starting with a Warhammer (which I presume I've sold; it's not Masterwork I assume?) and I won't be changing my feats.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Something Faster: Take your time! I don't want a character that was just thrown together, nor do I want a character you won't be happy with. Do a good job, pick something you like, and if you mess up the rules, that's what I'm here for. (And the others, my impromptu checkers, thank you. ;) )

Krug: Sorry, I forgot to tell you: Anything on that list marked with a * is masterwork. So yes, your warhammer would be MW. Sold at 50%, if you sell it.

Krug

Newshound
If our characters are kinda set minus minor tweaks, perhaps we could start? Otherwise, we're going to lose all momentum for the game.. ;)

Remove ads