D&D for 2: The Deep Calling OOC thread

Scratched_back

First Post
Sounds a lot of fun, I think I'm gonna go on over and check it out. I always wondered about Eberron, I don't know a lot about it at all... and as for Greyhawk, well that place is just a mystery to me!

Bront

The man with the probe
Eberron is a lot of fun, and I like how it's been developed. Very little is set in stone, and it's freeform enough that you can do what you want with the world and you won't screw up another part of it. Plus, the new races are cool. Eberron is my prefered world of play, and before it, I never realy liked an of the prefab worlds.

Greyhawk is what you make of it, and is the default setting of 3.0 and 3.5. So no real issue with that.

Scratched_back

First Post
Yeah, y'see not having unlimited funds can really put you off a new campaign setting. Unfortunate, but true. There's already loads of books that I don't have but want. Races of Stone, DMG II, all of the environmental books... I really couldn't afford to shell out for Eberron and then all the books that come with that too! :(

Bront

The man with the probe
I only have the main Eberron Book and the Races book, and that's realy all I've found that's required, and you can function without the races book, though it gives valuable insight into the races.

Honestly, it's the best races book out there, the others weren't that good in my oppinion.

I'm looking at the characters now, hope to make an IC post soon. Riding a creative wave.

Bront

The man with the probe
Oh I almost forgot, your harp.

[sblock=Scratched Back]The harp itself is quite durable, as it has never been known to require the replacement of a string, nor has it ever shown wear. It is very easy to play, to the point that requires almost no effort, and the sound tends to permiate a room in an almost mystical fashion.

Game terms: You can always take a 10 on a Perform: Strings check with it (You could be running, riding, on fire, as long as you can physicly play, you can take a 10). Some things that would normaly inhibit the sounds seem not to, and it's quite durable. Of couse, that's what you know of it...[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Aquatica, FYI, your casting stat is Charisma, not Wisdom, for the Favored Soul. If you want to adjust your stats a bit to reflext that, that's fine.

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
Aquatica, FYI, your casting stat is Charisma, not Wisdom, for the Favored Soul. If you want to adjust your stats a bit to reflext that, that's fine.

I think when we checked, the only bad thing about a favoured soul was that it used both stats for casting. If I remember rightly it was CHA that dictated bonus slots, but WIS for DCs. I don't have to book to hand right this second, but I'm sure that's what it was.

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
I only have the main Eberron Book and the Races book, and that's realy all I've found that's required, and you can function without the races book, though it gives valuable insight into the races.

Honestly, it's the best races book out there, the others weren't that good in my oppinion.

I'm looking at the characters now, hope to make an IC post soon. Riding a creative wave.

Well I may go loiter in the local store for a little while and have a flip through the campaign setting. I was gonna splash out on races of stone fairly soon, but Eberron may well replace it :)

As for the IC post, cool, we're both raring to go :D

What country are you in by the way mate?

Bront

The man with the probe
I work 3rd shift and live about 40 miles west of Chicago.

Glad you like the harp.

I see that, but I think that's a Typo, so consider the Favored Soul to use straight Charisma for casting.

Last edited:

Remove ads