D2: Lost Manor (nimisgod judging)

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: I think Richard and I are going to hide outside the building to come in on some sort of signal. Lucien can hide by the secret door and Richard can hide near the main entrance.

Richard Rawen

First Post
OOC: Works for me, just remember, Richard is a big guy, in lots of shiny metal and weapons and shield and . . . he might need to be covered up with something and just respond to sound signals lol.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
ao'Thuir leads Lucien and Richard away from the Meijer residence and toward their trap.

Through the winding streets does their path lead. They are noticed, certainly, even in cosmopolitan Orussus. But they are undisturbed. Richard and ao'Thuir's appearances make sure of that. Between the Wood Elf and the Fighter, there is enough muscle to scare away most neer-do-wells.

The sun's light is dying when they arrive at their destination. The shadows are long and the area seems more desolate than when first ao'Thuir was there.

Lucien, hunter of the unliving, finds the secret door exactly where Rinya had drawn it on the map (with Ridik's aid). He goes inside, finds a niche within the dank warehouse and waits with the patience of the hunt.

ao'Thuir and Richard search about and decide to take refuge in a nearby structure. It is just as abandoned as the rest of this place, but less a warehouse and more a ruin. Behind a crumbling wall do they place their vigil, lighting no fires but preparing places to wait in comfort. Food is eaten in quiet. Blades are drawn and sharpened.

Ridik and the rest await the late hour before heading out of their employer's home. Dinner is eaten without comment, anxiety smothering all conversation. Whose trap lies in the witching hour?

A few hours before the meeting's time, they leave, intending to meet Slim Pickering and his mysterious patron at the venue...

OOG: Hopefully, I didn't misunderstand the directions given me. Also, my internet access will be unreliable for a few days as I go on vacation.

This is only to set up the scene. Feel free to post corrections to your character's actions if any.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Erekose13 said:
ao'Thuir will arrange a sign with the other two, bird calls being the only thing he can come up with.

"Bird calls will be fine." Richard states flatly, already looking forward to the end of the night.
The bulky young man settles himself into a dark corner and carefully moves anything that might make noise away from him. Setting his sword and shield gently down in the deep shadows he covers the shiny metal surfaces with a sprinkling of loose dirt to dull their reflection.
And he waits.
Guard duty is nothing new to Richard, yet sitting still and quiet is not his favorite pass-time. He struggles to maintain vigilance, but memories of the feathered hat and his sleep spell manage to keep his eyes wide... as he waits.

Remove ads