• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun - 3.5 (Closed)

Voadam

Legend
Heartseer Jitock

Heartseer Jitock chose the path of the mind and has learned the pterran ways of telepathy. He can see into people's state of being not only from the expressions on their face (alien or pterran) but also as physical auras that he can read like an open book.

When Ritsu Quaketongue took on the challenge of hunting down the one who defiled in pterran territory, it was known this task would lead into the realms of others. Heartseer volunteered to join the druid and put his telepathic powers to use in aid of the hunt. Heartseer looked forward to seeing the auras of non-pterrans and seeing if he could aid in dealing with such strange beings. Little did he expect the variety of beings they encountered at the caravan, including a fellow pterran not of their village!

Heartseer Jitock
Pterran Psion Telepath 3
36 pt buy, -2 dex, +2 wis, +2 cha
Str 8 (-1)
dex 12 6-2 (+1)
con 14 6 (+2)
Int 18 16 (+4)
wis 12 2+2 (+1)
Cha 16 6+2 (+3)

F +3, R +2, W +4

HP 15
AC 12 (+1 Dex, +1 deflection) T 12 FF 11
BAB +1
Grapple +0
Ranged attack +2 (+3 within 30')
Initiative +1

Feats: Enlarge Power, Inquisitor, Point Blank Shot

Skills:
Bluff +9
Concentration +8
Diplomacy +13
Gather Information +9
Knowledge Psionic +10
Sense Motive +7

Languages: Pterran, Common, Elf, Terran, X

17 power points
Powers:
Crystal Shard
Empathy
Entangling Ectoplasm
Inertial Armor
Mind Thrust
Levitate, Psionic
Sustenance

Equipment
Ring of protection +1 2,000 cp
backpack, food, clothes, necessities
690 cp

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Bront said:
Jkasson, let me know about you and I'll put you in there.

I was thinking that Quaketongue's just showed up on the current trek of the caravan. Probably only been around a short time. So, he's still not seen a human city, or even had a lot of interaction with Darkclaw.

Basically, I figured Darkclaw got random sendings for a day or so, then eventually, when Quaketongue was satisfied that Darkclaw was free, he asked the Pterran to "introduce" him. Quaketongue's curious about other species but inexperienced with them, so he's kind of (naively) decided that Pterran = trustworthy. Whether Darkclaw grew to trust Quaketongue during the clandestine missive exchanges is obviously up to you; it's entirely possible the new Pterran was let in as a way to keep a potential threat close at hand should action be required to subdue said threat. Depends on how trusting you feel Darkclaw is / how curious he might be about his lost native culture.

Any or all of the above is completely changeable, of course. I'm not married to any of it.

jason

Lot

First Post
Sorry, I've been busy...and so have you guys for that matter.

I like the Erianna and Darkclaw relationship and I really enjoy the Heartseer and Quaketongue introduction to the scene. I'm currently moving but by next week I should have all my old Dark Sun books, which includes all my good fluff sourcebooks, so I'll be able to better incorporate all the background info I have. I will offer a decent amount of pterran and trader information to take advantage of your characters' stories.

As for SteveGorak, I think Kuvick is very good character. I think we can tie your quest to find the wizard into Heartseer and Quaketongue's mission to find their defiler. Nice job.

As I mentioned before, I'm moving on Saturday so my internet availability will be limited by the middle of next week, but I'm getting very excited about the possibility of a good Dark Sun campaign.

As for everyone else interested, I think we could use a little of muscle. I would enjoy a nice big mul or half-giant in the mix, or even a thri-kreen would be cool. But please, make what you like.

Let me know if I missed anything that's been addressed to me.

Bront

The man with the probe
BTW, more resources I found online. A few maps, might be helpful.

Attachments

• Athas-Small.JPG
    Athas-Small.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 120
  • dsmap-small.JPG
    dsmap-small.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 111
  • dsmap2-small.JPG
    dsmap2-small.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 116

Bront

The man with the probe
Lot said:
Sorry, I've been busy...and so have you guys for that matter.

I like the Erianna and Darkclaw relationship and I really enjoy the Heartseer and Quaketongue introduction to the scene. I'm currently moving but by next week I should have all my old Dark Sun books, which includes all my good fluff sourcebooks, so I'll be able to better incorporate all the background info I have. I will offer a decent amount of pterran and trader information to take advantage of your characters' stories.

As for SteveGorak, I think Kuvick is very good character. I think we can tie your quest to find the wizard into Heartseer and Quaketongue's mission to find their defiler. Nice job.

As I mentioned before, I'm moving on Saturday so my internet availability will be limited by the middle of next week, but I'm getting very excited about the possibility of a good Dark Sun campaign.

As for everyone else interested, I think we could use a little of muscle. I would enjoy a nice big mul or half-giant in the mix, or even a thri-kreen would be cool. But please, make what you like.

Let me know if I missed anything that's been addressed to me.
No problem. Good to know we won't be starting next week, since i'll be on vacation then.

Darkclaw has an 18 Strength, so he's pretty beefy, but we're pretty heavy on casters, with 1 Melee fighter, and no real skill monkeys (well, the Templar/Bard possably).

I'm excited.

Bront

The man with the probe
Darkclaw's thoughts on others:
Erianna, Human Psion(Shaper) (Rystil Arden) – A kindred spirit in the Path of the Mind in may ways, despite not being a Pterran. She is a good friend and has helped Darkclaw adjust to life in the sands. He finds himself often acting as a bodyguard for her, even when not asked to.

Quaketongue Ristu, Pterran Druid (Jkasson) – The first familiar voice of a Pterran, it was a good surprise on his first venture as a free being. He is even newer to the sands, and Darkclaw hopes he can offer himself as a guide.

Heartseer Jitock, Pterran Psion(Telepath) – Another Pterran, and follower of the Path of the Mind. Perhaps he and Erianna may get along. (Probably need more info on the character.)

Kurvik, Elf Templar/Bard (Steve Gorak) – Unsure what contact the two have had yet.

I'll update this as more characters are fleshed out and we figure out exactly what we're up to :)

Btw, Jkasson, I think the name goes Individual name then Path name, so you probably need to reverse the two, not that it's a big deal :)

EDIT: Btw, Darkclaw is done except for a description, a personality filler, and maybe a minor background tweek or two. All his gear is there, subject to approval. I didn't want a cloak of resistance, so I figure a sash probably uses the same slot, and Pterrans wear those.

Last edited:

Remove ads