• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cove (full)

Leif

Adventurer
Leif - Welcome! As I am not currently your DM in any game I would love to have you aboard.

A druid finese fighter, hmm... did you know that Flame Blade might be able to be used with Weapon Finese? I will look into that to, but since it says the blade is immaterial and doesn't use STR for damage it should count as a light weapon (don't you think), So you could be using that in hand to hand and getting DEX mods to hit on a fire touch attack.

And if you take the Fire domain as your Nature Bond you would get to chuck out a fireball once a day as a domain spell. :p

Food for thought, I will be around to help if you need me.

HM
Wow, that sounds very cool! I hadn't even thought about that. The Weapon Finesse feat specifically says that it may be used with a rapier. So even without the Flame Blade this character gets the benefit of his Dex modifier in melee. Would Flame Blade even function underwater? Anyway, got to adjust some ability scores, to get rid of that Str bonus and bump Cha a little, although I was thinking of some pretty good rp angles for the low Cha, so maybe I'll pad some other score. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I would allow for it to work underwater (it's magical after all)

Note: your stats above do not take into account the -2 CON for elves. And again as this is a one off (probably a year - 18 months to play) I would max out one stat ;)

HM

Leif

Adventurer
Made the adjustments in Post #9 below. Let me know how it looks to ya. ;)

And I caught the -2 Con that I missed earlier, too.

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey HolyMan,
I would love to join this. Not the least for the excellent company here. (Hi Scotley and Leif!).

A one-shot sounds like the place to try out some fun concepts. How about a Dwarf Monk of the Sacred Mountain (Archtype from APG). I have never played a monk but this seems like a fun place for one.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Hey HM! I also would be interested in joining this. I guess Mark needs to nail down his character, before it is clear what is needed. Either cleric for healing or arcane for fire power or even tank, no one seems to have that role covered yet.

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey HM! I also would be interested in joining this. I guess Mark needs to nail down his character, before it is clear what is needed. Either cleric for healing or arcane for fire power or even tank, no one seems to have that role covered yet.
Oh, I think the monk will have the tank role covered ;)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
@ Mark - Pretty sure that domain spells that are from an arcane casters list are still considered a divine spell. I will look into it among the boards. I personally like the flavor (an arcane trickster who tricked the PrC first :p), and might allow it but as you would need both cleric3 and rogue3 I don't think you would reach seventh in this game and get to play him as such. :(

Then it seems to me it doesn't make what the answer is regarding magic mouth counting as arcane even though it's divine. :) I'm reminded of a 1st edition fighter I ran though he were a paladin even though he didn't have the Charisma to qualify for that class.

I'll get some stats in this thread by the end of the week.

Scotley

Hero
Okay, going Ranger with bow. Most likely Human, but maybe elf. Once I get the personality straight in my head the race will fall into place.

Remove ads