• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cove (full)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well the group I see so far has...

Leif: Elf Druid LvL 5 - So besides 3rd lvl spells we will have spontaneous summoning, extra healing, and you get to wild shape once per day. Are you taking a companion or a domain for your nature bond?

Scotley: Elf Archer LvL 5 - So range support taken care of. If you should get into any tight spots Scotley what is your back up melee weapon? I ask because a lot of this is classic dungeon crawl and taking AoO's for firing sometimes might not be in your best interest. Kind of like what happens if you get surrounded or the room/area is super small.

Fenris: Dwarven Monk LvL 5 - The groups short but thick tank. :D I too wanted to play a monk of the sacred mountain (for if I ever play a monk), and can't wait to see yours in action.

Mark Chance: Gnome Cleric/Rogue LvL 3/2 - Your sblock says some notes but it looks like a full fledged character almost to me. :) So still trying to trick the arcane trickster class eh? I like it. Let's see more healing specially with extra channeling and most skills that will be needed. Oh and you have Hand of the Acolyte (cool ability).

rangerjohn: ?? ?? - Well old buddy looks like all that is left is the arcane caster/face roll. Care to play a bard? LOL :p Actually would come in rather handy I believe. The monk would benefit from the +2 bonus to hit and damage (would that apply to archer attacks?). But play what you wish another cleric LvL 5 would bring in some good buff spells or you could be a paladin?!? :confused: as the face. It looks like a lot of bases are covered.

HM

rangerjohn

Explorer
Or how about this bare bones idea? Oops just realized need 5th level bard for +2 inspire courage. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Human Bard [Arcane Duelist] 5 favored class bard[hit points]

Str 12 2
Dex 16 7 +1 4th lvl
Con 12 2
Int 12 2
Wis 10
Cha 16 +2 racial 5
Hp 10+ 8*4= 42

Feats: Arcane Strike(b), Combat Casting Exotic Weapon Proficiency [Aldori Dueling Sword](human), Weapon Finesse(1st), Arcane Blast 3rd,
Extra Performance 5th

Traits: Heirloom Weapon [Aldori Dueling Sword],
Skills: Performace [Oratory] 11, Diplomacy 11, Sense Motive 8, Intimidate 7, Use Magic Device 11, Craft Weapons 9, Acrobatics 10, spell craft 9

BAB +3
Melee +4/+6 w/ weapon finesse
Aldori Dueling Sword +1:+8 1-8+4
w/ inspire courage +10 1-8+6
Range +6

Class Abilities:
Bardic Performance: 21 rds/day
Inspire Courage +2 to hit/+2 damage +2 saves vs charm and fear
Distraction: May replace illusion save with performance check
Fascinate
Inspire Competence +3
Rallying Cry replace intimidate check for fear check

Arcane Bond: [Aldori Dueling Sword] Enchanted to +1 holds one spell per day

Spells Known:0:6/1:4/2:3
0: Light, Spark, Detect Magic, Read MagicMessage, Ghost Sound
1:Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Vanish, Comprehend Languages
2:Heroism, Versatile Weapon, Cat's Grace

Spells/day:5/3

Equipment:

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Oh if I do go the halfling sorcerer route, it would be air elemental bloodline and have cosmopolitan as a feat. In order to have diplomacy as a class skill.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Both look like a good fit to the group. I guess you just need to flip a coin LOL.

EDIT: Although you can't get Arcane Blast till you are a 10th lvl caster.

EDIT2: And you won't need the Exotic Weapon Prof. to use the heirloom weapon.

HM

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Well the group I see so far has...

Scotley: Elf Archer LvL 5 - So range support taken care of. If you should get into any tight spots Scotley what is your back up melee weapon? I ask because a lot of this is classic dungeon crawl and taking AoO's for firing sometimes might not be in your best interest. Kind of like what happens if you get surrounded or the room/area is super small.
HM

Oh, I'll carry a big pointed stick of some sort. :)

Will try to get something more definitive together soon.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Mark Chance: Gnome Cleric/Rogue LvL 3/2 - Your sblock says some notes but it looks like a full fledged character almost to me. :)

As I tell my students about finishing assignments: Almost doesn't count. :)

So, about pre-game crafting of nonmagical weapons...?

rangerjohn

Explorer
Didn't catch the level requirement. There goes the whole concept, I really don't see any decent spells on the list. Nothing that I would cast every day. Why is it every iteration I see of a bard's spell list is worse than the last? If they don't want bards to cast spells, take it away and replace it! Don't make the ability worthless.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads