• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Tapeworm

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Anderson
"Not part of the normal routine, then, eh?" Jonathan smiles reassuringly at the injured man in an effort to keep the man relaxed before EMTs arrive. Despite his calm exterior, Jonathan's mind is in turmoil. Why the hell would anyone break into a morgue? Was Hardiman involved in some illicit activity?

OOC: I assume the police already took the injured man's statement.

Smiling at the man once again, Jonathan stands and contacts the nearest officer. "Sir...officer...My name is Dr. Jonathan Anderson of the CDC. I was contacted by the Division of Parasatic Diseases this morning in Washington to come and look at a John Doe that was brought in yesterday. My contact here was Medical Examiner Joan Hardiman. Unfortunately, she has disappeared in the attack. I realize the turmoil of the current situation and I do apologize for my abruptness, but may I conduct the examination I was sent to complete? There were reported irregularites with the John Doe and I would soon clear my own suspicions just in case there is the threat of the spread of an unknown disease." A shiver runs down Jonathan's spine as he speaks. Was the John Doe and Dr. Hardiman's disappearance connected?

Gomez

First Post
Hrothgar said:
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

OOC: I assume the police already took the injured man's statement.

Yes.

Smiling at the man once again, Jonathan stands and contacts the nearest officer. "Sir...officer...My name is Dr. Jonathan Anderson of the CDC. I was contacted by the Division of Parasatic Diseases this morning in Washington to come and look at a John Doe that was brought in yesterday. My contact here was Medical Examiner Joan Hardiman. Unfortunately, she has disappeared in the attack. I realize the turmoil of the current situation and I do apologize for my abruptness, but may I conduct the examination I was sent to complete? There were reported irregularites with the John Doe and I would soon clear my own suspicions just in case there is the threat of the spread of an unknown disease." A shiver runs down Jonathan's spine as he speaks. Was the John Doe and Dr. Hardiman's disappearance connected?

A police detective who is in charge says. "Dr. Anderson, right now this is a crime scene and I cannot let you do anything that might disturb any evidence. Once the area is freed then I can let you conduct your examination." he thinks for a minute. "Which John Doe where you to look at?"

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
"I'm done with this guy. Let me go see if they need any help there."

You head across the street and the morgue/medical examiner office is crawling with police. You flash your badge and walk in. There is a man in a EMT uniform being treated by other EMT's and you see a well dressed man being interviewed by detective (you can see his badge on his belt).

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Marcus waits for a lull in the conversation, or if Hardison is mentioned. He doesn't seem to notice any obvious female coroners amidst the commotion. Assuming Dr. Anderson is with the Medical Examiner, he'll ask him.

"Excuse me, is Dr. Hardison available sir?"

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

Jonathan slowly nods his head. "I understand officer, thank you." Jonathan turns to leave.

Which John Doe were you to look at?

Jonathan turns back to the officer. "I'm sorry, I don't have the deceased's registration number or file. Dr. Hardiman called me about the deceased and a large parasite in his lower intestine. My guess is a beef or pork tapeworm. There were some irregularities, however, and just to cover all our bases, I was sent down to take a look."

Excuse me, is Dr. Hardison available sir??

Jonathan turns toward the newcomer. "I'm sorry. I am looking for her myself. Jonathan Anderson of the CDC." Jonathan extends his hand to the investigator.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"Marcus Foster, DEA. You just mentioned an unusual John Doe -- I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but he was my bust. Dr. Hardison wanted to see me about him, too.

Why would she run off? Is that what this commotion is about?
"

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
"Marcus Foster, DEA. You just mentioned an unusual John Doe -- I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but he was my bust. Dr. Hardison wanted to see me about him, too.

Why would she run off? Is that what this commotion is about?
"

The police detective shakes Marcus' hand. "Lt. Rubin, Harrisonburg PD. Pleased to meet you. It looks like Dr. Hardison has been kidnapped a little over an hour ago. There seems to be a lot of interest in this John Doe. I wonder if it is connected with her disappearance. Let's go look at him." With that he leads you into the morgue again.

DSCN9948.JPG

Police and crime scene investigators are looking over the place. Lt. Rubin picks up a clipboard and reads it. "Agent Foster, did he come in from the nightclub bust a couple of days ago? I thought so. He should be in number 18." You all go over to the stainless steal door on the wall with number 18 on it. He opens the door and pulls out the slab. It is empty.

Last edited:

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

"Nice to meet you," Jonathan smiles at Marcus. Turning to Lt. Rubin, Jonathan follows him into the morgue. When the slab is pulled out empty, Jonathan's brows knit. "Strange. Are you sure you read the number right, Lt.?"

Jonathan looks around the room, almost expecting to find a body on a autopsy table. Jonathan turns back to Lt. Rubin. "Lt., does that clipboard contain any of Dr. Hardiman's notes on her investigation of the deceased? The autopsy file?"

Gomez

First Post
Lt. Rubin knits his brow and reads the clipboard again. "It says 18 alright. We can go over all the entries to make sure everyone is in the right spot if you want. Oh here is a note. It says that the parasite removed from John Doe #46, that’s the one from the Ice Nightclub bust was put in the Number 2 refrigerator and labeled Specimen #3981." You open fridge number 2 and search it. You don't find the worm though the fridge is packed save for one shelf that is empty.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"I take it, Dr. Anderson, that you weren't able to see this John Doe or the thing she pulled out of him. So now we have kidnapping, larceny, and, well, whatever you'd call the theft of a dead body. The good news is there is an eyewitness across the street with an ID. It's not great, but it's something. Maybe a gang connection, and some kind of morphine ring."

Remove ads