• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Tapeworm

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

Damn! Where is she? Jonathan quickly heads back down the corridor and through the ransacked morgue with its injured orderly. Jonathan speeds through the building looking for the receptionist or anyone else he may encounter on the way to alert them about the break in and to call for the police.

Gomez

First Post
Hrothgar said:
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

Damn! Where is she? Jonathan quickly heads back down the corridor and through the ransacked morgue with its injured orderly. Jonathan speeds through the building looking for the receptionist or anyone else he may encounter on the way to alert them about the break in and to call for the police.

You find the receptionist and as the police station is right across the street it only takes about 2 minutes before the place is swarming with cops. After talking to the police, you treat the injured man and he wakes up.

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
Marcus snaps a card out from a jacket pocket. "That can be arranged. Have your lawyer contact me the next time he visit. We can get immunity for you and go after bigger targets - and who knows? If we get the pushers and the new blood out of here, maybe your clientele will improve.

Now who were the new guys? Black? White? Had you seen them in the club before?

I'm gonna need an interesting story before I do anything in your favor, Star. Remember that.
"

[BTW, were any of the regular dealers hit or apprehended?]

"You mean that guys who started shooting? About a month ago, these white guys started sniffing around looking to score some morphine. Not crack, not weed, not speed, but morphine. They wanted lots of it too. And they said they would pay well for it. Vinnie, he is one of the Garboni family managers, had a connection with a guy working at a medical supply house. So last week, they broken in and stole a big take of narcotics. Well when it came down to buying the stuff, the stiffs showed up with half the money promised. Vinnie gets all bent out of shape and before you knew it these guys were pulling out guns and all hell breaks loose. As for who they were, I don't have a clue. Though it looked like they were part of some gang. They were all tattooed up."

As he finishes his story you notice through the glass wall three policemen running in a big hurry down the hallway.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Gomez said:
As he finishes his story you notice through the glass wall three policemen running in a big hurry down the hallway.

Dammit - that can't be good Marcus says to himself. Marcus cranes his neck to get a look at the fleeing cops.

"What kind of tats? Hip-hop stuff? Military? Any images you recall?"

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
"What kind of tats? Hip-hop stuff? Military? Any images you recall?"

"Well...nothing that sticks out in my mind. I think it was gang related. Lots of lines and designs and stuff. Like something you would see on a Samoan but they were white as crackers. Oh they had a lot of piercings too. Nose and ears. I think one had a eyebrow pierced."

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

During the flurry of activity after the police arrive, Jonathan assures the officers that he is an MD and would like to treat the orderly lying on the floor.

When the man awakes, Jonathan smiles faintly, "No. No. Just lie down. No need to rush standing up. You have a nasty cut on your head. Do you have any pain in your abdomen? Chest? I didn't find any broken bones. I just want to make sure you don't have any internal injuries..." Waiting for the man to reply, Jonathan quickly adds, "So what the hell happened here, anyway? Where is Dr. Hardiman?"

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Marcus

"That helps a lot, Star. Be sure and have your attorney contact the DEA liaison."

Marcus exits the interrogation room and looks at the controls outside. Could the cops have been listening in? Was a recording made? He'll try to catch someone in the hall: "Did you see those cops running down the hall? They almost knocked the hell out of my suspect. Who were they?"

By the way, was the morphine seized by the cops or did the three survivors make off with it?

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
"That helps a lot, Star. Be sure and have your attorney contact the DEA liaison."

Marcus exits the interrogation room and looks at the controls outside. Could the cops have been listening in? Was a recording made? He'll try to catch someone in the hall: "Did you see those cops running down the hall? They almost knocked the hell out of my suspect. Who were they?"

By the way, was the morphine seized by the cops or did the three survivors make off with it?

A policeman looks at your DEA badge and says. "Some sort of trouble across the street at the medical examiners office. Thats all I know."

OOC: No morphine was found during the bust.

Gomez

First Post
Hrothgar said:
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

When the man awakes, Jonathan smiles faintly, "No. No. Just lie down. No need to rush standing up. You have a nasty cut on your head. Do you have any pain in your abdomen? Chest? I didn't find any broken bones. I just want to make sure you don't have any internal injuries..." Waiting for the man to reply, Jonathan quickly adds, "So what the hell happened here, anyway? Where is Dr. Hardiman?"

The young man focuses on your face for a moment as he tries to figure our where he is. "My head hurts but other than that I am ok. Me and my partner Greg, responded to a possible heart attack call at Percel Park. Once we get there. These two guys jump us at gunpoint. They tie up Greg in the back of the ambulance and force me to drive over here. They make me open the back door where we usually drop off DOA's. Dr. Hardiman was at her desk when we entered. The last thing I remember is getting pistol whipped as we entered the morgue."

Last edited:

Remove ads