• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diesel's Dawn of Defiance ( OOC )

Shalimar

First Post
Because PBP is such a slow medium, it may be helpful for you to handle the more passive rolling and have us handle the active rolls.

Passive Rolls (Perception, Initiative, etc.)

Active Rolls (rolls where we are trying to accomplish something, an attack roll, a roll to deceive someone, a roll to activate a force power, etc.)

The reasoning behind this is that passive rolls slow up the game since you ask for a roll and then it could take a day or 2 to get all of the responses and the responses are just a link to an invisible caste roll.

An active action would look like this:
Rain grunts in vexation as the Stormtrooper seems to see through her bluff, it wouldn't do to let him get off a warning to the rest of the outpost so the red-haired girl draws her blaster and fires. (Attack Roll: 3+8 = 11, Damage Roll: 11)

I would post up all the information, you decide if the attack hits, if it does you already have the damage. Just some thoughts coming from experience with PBP.

Diesel

First Post
I agree- the perception roll in this situation was simply a chance to give anyone who wanted a chance to RP or explore a bit more if they wished since you had just arrived. I also truth be told had a bit of a tight schedule that day so I thought Id give you the chance to do a little die rolling.

I do appreciate knowing your opinions about initiative. Ive done quite a few PbP games on other boards and places and some players wish to do their rolls. Others consider it a passive roll and dont care.

And I definately want attack rolls and damage rolls at the same time. It saves me having to roll that. I did edit my last ic thread post to that effect adding it after my original post ( I think).

Last edited:

Diesel

First Post
Sorry Shalimar if I got over zealous in my description pf your move object use. I guess you have really established in my mind how forceful Rain is..it must be hard for me to envision her doing anything subtle :)

Shalimar

First Post
Diesel said:
Sorry Shalimar if I got over zealous in my description pf your move object use. I guess you have really established in my mind how forceful Rain is..it must be hard for me to envision her doing anything subtle :)

I wasn't trying to be that forceful, just make it look like one tripped and ran into the other, hopefully knocking them out, but not doing any real lasting damage.

To learn their lesson from this they need to still be capable of...learning :D

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Better let them on the floor UbD will take care of them later. They will learn.... That troopers armor doesn't block blasters.

Shalimar

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
Better let them on the floor UbD will take care of them later. They will learn.... That troopers armor doesn't block blasters.

They are already unconscious, its not like the troopers can do anything. I am pretty sure UbD killed one of the Collaborators, and Ashlin may have downed the other depending on how high his reflex defense is. Better to just leave the area if we can and not wait for reinforcements.

Remove ads