• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diesel's Dawn of Defiance ( OOC )

Diesel

First Post
I gotcha Shayuri. I assumed Ashlin was trying to impress to avoid the payment. My mistake was in thinking the offer was there and simply connecting the dots too soon, assuming that was the intent. Everyone had to this point been a bit cautious with the Gamorreans (and rightly so) and so I moved forward. Truth be told the result was 50/50 either way (and the guard would have taken alot smaller bribe :)

I'll try as I get more acquainted with the PCs to read motives better. It is hard sometimes to cover every little "bit" as you say like in tabletop games. The balance of game speed vs detail- a challenge that is precarious sometimes is unique to PbP.

But I'll get used to this groups pace- promise.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...my suggestion is not to be TOO quick on the draw. It's easy to jump ahead. It's harder to go back and fix something you accidentally skipped past. You might, if you're not sure, post a little question in the OOC thread like, "You guys want to jump ahead?"

That sort of thing.

Shalimar

First Post
We are running all over ourselves and working at cross purpouses trying to negotiate things seperately.

We have the loot from the earlier fight that is worth 3 times the 1,000 credit asking price, with 3 people getting behind that. I think we should stick to that and see where it goes before anyone offers anything else, especially something that could get someone killed.

The doctor thing is done, I finished it up in my post, handing over the credstick and the location, no real need to negotiate it further once he has the cash, right?

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
True, about the doctor...I was just reiterating that.

I was actually trying to NOT offer as much as all that gear was worth, but then I left out my last revision of my post before I had to abruptly leave and then accidentally hit send anyway. Editing post in a second.

Sorry about that.

That said, I guess I'm posting negotiations despite things being said already because negotiation is what a noble does. I've managed to never catch Deisel when he posts something, so I'm usually 2nd or 3rd to the punch, and not getting to take part in negotiations just stinks for the character--If I don't get to have a say in the negotiation/diplomacy/talky bits of the game, my character loses a large chunk of his playability and fun. I'm not sure the solution to this--it's not practical to let one poster hold up the game and ask everyone to let him go first in talk situations--I am not asking that. PBP has limitations, and the fact that all of the PCs have to talk at the same time, get no chance to head off others's actions, and the NPCs have to adjust to different posters view-points is one of them...how do we manage?

Suggestions?

Shalimar

First Post
I figure you can actually take the full amount and get him to throw in the extra info he offered about what exactly the cargo was, maybe even get him to say why the cargo is so important.

Besides, its not like its credits out of any one's pockets since we only got the stuff an hour or 3 ago.

I definitely get where you are coming from on role of a noble. Mostly I think you should handle the rolls and we can aid you on it. I think we should all be able to bring up points that are important though.

Seriously though, why is Bel offering to go kill someone rather than just fence the goods we got earlier? A bigger question is why he is offering on behalf of all of us (people who might have a problem with murder for hire, people he doesn't know) to go kill someone?

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Bel never said anything about killing anyone.

He just said he'd take an interest in Switch's problem-the Chevin.

That could equate to all sorts of things--delivering a message, delivering a peace offering, finding out what he's up to illegally and alerting the authorities so he's caught red-handed.

Diesel

First Post
Shaggy- I just have to jump in and let you know that Bel's persuasion and negotiation skills have been a difference so far with both Gunga and Switch. I havent posted out of character the numerical effect of your rolls but you have (and maybe you can't tell by my descriptions) successfully shifted the mood of both to the group's advantage.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
It's not that I don't feel effective-I do.

Mostly, it's just akward having conversations on PBP when the first one to check the board gets the chance to shape the conversation completely before anyone else can respond. It's a side-effect of the system, and it is sometimes hard to deal with--especially with characters and players that don't know/aren't used to/don't understand the people they are playing/adventuring with and their points of view.

I suppose this one shall be resolved in play, one way or the other.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
In retrospect, were I watching this as a movie, at this point I would be convinced that Rain and Bel would end up together.

A male character and a female character NEVER fight like this unless there is romantic chemistry.

Remove ads